We've got that 7 year itch...the only prescription is the Mouse! My Oct 2013 PTR!

We did that on our trip last year, and it was GREAT! Usually we are getting a super early flight so we can get there ASAP and get straight to a park. But last time, we decided to leave in the afternoon the day before instead and what a world of difference! We saved money on airfare, the airport was a breeze that time of day, and what would have been our travel day was instead a full day to enjoy the parks. :cool1: Pretty cool that you are getting the night at Pop too and can get all of you ADRs booked at one time! That is one pain about staying at Bonnet Creek, having to make ADR's separately.

Okay, so we have had a HUGE wrench thrown in our plans...

My mother in law has offered us her timeshare for our stay. Soooooo, here is the change:

We will still be staying at WBC, but ONLY from 10/3-10/6. We will then be moving from there to the Sheraton Vistana in a 2BR. We cannot pass up staying somewhere for FREE! We had already put a deposit down for Bonnet Creek so we will use that for our three night stay. (Could only get the week at the Sheraton). It all worked out and we save about $1200 total.

It totally changed our "stay at POP" plans, but really, who can argue with saving that much??? I can't. We still get to experience Bonnet Creek and we get to keep our "space". Not too excited to have to move resorts, but oh well. We can make it work. Taking this blessing for what it is!!! :)

In other news, my Binder is getting worked on quite a bit right now. Moving along on figuring the few ADRs I would like to make when I get to that point. Also working more on our daily plans, but like everyone else, waiting on OCT schedule to come out. Still working on flight info, but that will come. Leaning towards Priceline, though.

Joining in. We will be arriving 1 week after you leave. I look forward to reading your plans. How do you join the FB group? I have heard a lot of people mention it and I have tried researching it but never have any luck finding it.

We got our flights!!!!!!!!!!! I was really leaning towards Priceline. I had even gone so far as to place bids. Yes, I said BIDS. I started low, because that is what any smart person would do, right??? Well apparently, Priceline said, “You’re an idiot!” I upp’ed my bid FOUR times and added in three airports, different times of day, AND changed my departure date. NO GO. I finally gave up. Decided I would just keep tracking the flight prices through Yapta. (How come I never knew about this site before???)

Finally, after about a week, there was light shining through the dark clouds of $515 tickets. There was a flight for $350! And there were several time options. AND they were decent times! Okay, SOLD. It flies out of Phoenix and we kinda wanted to fly out of Mesa (a little closer to home), but who can complain about that??? I had the option of leaving at 5:00am or 10:15am. We chose 10. (If it were only up to me I would have picked 5!) We do have a layover of about an hour in Houston, but I can handle that. On the way home, we leave Orlando at 4:15 and have a slightly longer layover in Houston (again) of 3 hours (YUCK), but still, we will handle that too.

I bought the tickets then and there!!! So now we are set. Flights, condo(s) – both, and all we have left to purchase are the park tickets.

The calendars are out and I have been frantically getting our days in order before my 180 day marks come up. (I have to call at each one since we are off-siters) I don’t have many ADRs planned, but want to make sure we get what we want. I was excitedly awaiting Josh’s (EasyWDW) calendar to see if what I had planned would work or not according to him. For the most part, it seemed okay, there are a couple days that go completely against what he says. Let me know what you think:

10/3 – Arrival. We get in at 7:05. Plan to get car, eat and go to WBC.

10/4 – Bkfst at Kona Café. DTD day. Grocery Shopping, Resort Day. No park this day.

10/5 – Epcot. Yes I know it’s Food and Wine. Yes I know it’s Sat. Yes, I am crazy. But is our tradition to start here. So there. Kidding! Plan to go a rope drop. Lunch at Via Napoli. What we get to, we get to, what we don’t, we don’t.

10/6 – AK – Hope to see as much as we can today as it is only day we plan to go here. Also, we check out of WBC and into Sheraton Vistana Resort this day. NO ADRs planned.

10/7 – MK – Another day against Josh. Full day planned here. No ADRs planned. Do what we can. Leave when we want.

10/8 – Blizzard Beach. Can do MK after if we want. Dinner planned at House of Blues in DTD

10/9 – HS. Only day planned here. Hope to do as much as we can here this day.

10/10 – MK - 2nd go round at this park. Still debating on MNSSHP…Not sure if we want to drop the cash for it….

10/11 – Epcot – Yep, crazy me. Planning a Friday too for this park.

10/12 – Free Day. To do what we have missed (or do again)

10/13 – Departure Day ☹ - We have until about 1:00 to do what we want this day. Need to be at airport about 2ish.

Well, what do you think? We are definitely rope drop people. Early to bed, early to rise types. Am I really crazy to go against what so many people say and do Epcot on Sat? Our kids are older, so waiting in lines is not always a terrible thing. We are building in A LOT of rest time as we all need it. Our normal lives are BUSY, so a go, go, go trip is not necessarily what we were wanting.

Okay enough rambling….Back to my binder (pics coming soon – I am not ashamed of my planning and research) and my spreadsheets!

We got our flights!!!!!!!!!!! I was really leaning towards Priceline. I had even gone so far as to place bids. Yes, I said BIDS. I started low, because that is what any smart person would do, right??? Well apparently, Priceline said, “You’re an idiot!” I upp’ed my bid FOUR times and added in three airports, different times of day, AND changed my departure date. NO GO. I finally gave up. Decided I would just keep tracking the flight prices through Yapta. (How come I never knew about this site before???)

Finally, after about a week, there was light shining through the dark clouds of $515 tickets. There was a flight for $350! And there were several time options. AND they were decent times! Okay, SOLD. It flies out of Phoenix and we kinda wanted to fly out of Mesa (a little closer to home), but who can complain about that??? I had the option of leaving at 5:00am or 10:15am. We chose 10. (If it were only up to me I would have picked 5!) We do have a layover of about an hour in Houston, but I can handle that. On the way home, we leave Orlando at 4:15 and have a slightly longer layover in Houston (again) of 3 hours (YUCK), but still, we will handle that too.

I bought the tickets then and there!!! So now we are set. Flights, condo(s) – both, and all we have left to purchase are the park tickets.

The calendars are out and I have been frantically getting our days in order before my 180 day marks come up. (I have to call at each one since we are off-siters) I don’t have many ADRs planned, but want to make sure we get what we want. I was excitedly awaiting Josh’s (EasyWDW) calendar to see if what I had planned would work or not according to him. For the most part, it seemed okay, there are a couple days that go completely against what he says. Let me know what you think:

10/3 – Arrival. We get in at 7:05. Plan to get car, eat and go to WBC.

10/4 – Bkfst at Kona Café. DTD day. Grocery Shopping, Resort Day. No park this day.

10/5 – Epcot. Yes I know it’s Food and Wine. Yes I know it’s Sat. Yes, I am crazy. But is our tradition to start here. So there. Kidding! Plan to go a rope drop. Lunch at Via Napoli. What we get to, we get to, what we don’t, we don’t.

10/6 – AK – Hope to see as much as we can today as it is only day we plan to go here. Also, we check out of WBC and into Sheraton Vistana Resort this day. NO ADRs planned.

10/7 – MK – Another day against Josh. Full day planned here. No ADRs planned. Do what we can. Leave when we want.

10/8 – Blizzard Beach. Can do MK after if we want. Dinner planned at House of Blues in DTD

10/9 – HS. Only day planned here. Hope to do as much as we can here this day.

10/10 – MK - 2nd go round at this park. Still debating on MNSSHP…Not sure if we want to drop the cash for it….

10/11 – Epcot – Yep, crazy me. Planning a Friday too for this park.

10/12 – Free Day. To do what we have missed (or do again)

10/13 – Departure Day ☹ - We have until about 1:00 to do what we want this day. Need to be at airport about 2ish.

Well, what do you think? We are definitely rope drop people. Early to bed, early to rise types. Am I really crazy to go against what so many people say and do Epcot on Sat? Our kids are older, so waiting in lines is not always a terrible thing. We are building in A LOT of rest time as we all need it. Our normal lives are BUSY, so a go, go, go trip is not necessarily what we were wanting.

Okay enough rambling….Back to my binder (pics coming soon – I am not ashamed of my planning and research) and my spreadsheets!

We have some crossover time, I have yet to plan my park days yet though :eek I am so horrible- I don't look at crowd calendars.... I just try to avoid things that would be big crowd draws (like Christmas and spring break!) reading through all these TRs I am noticing I need to get planning!

to properly say...

BAD TRIP REPORT WRITER, BAD!

I am so sorry! I have just had NO time to sit and write any update lately. I blame Facebook. Yep, that's my story and I am sticking to it. LOL. Seriously though. I have been going back and forth on my schedule/ADRs/ and such. I think(?) I have them nailed down and will come back and update soon (I promise). As soon as my ADR windows are over! I will update AND add more pics of my Disney shelf merchandise! Only a few more days of making ADRs (since I am offsite).

Thanks for hanging in there!!!! :wave2::surfweb:

Jumped over from fb to read your report! Love all the pics of your beautiful family. I think I need you to come organize my trip for me...I have no binder of doom! :rotfl:

Hi, I am joining form the October Facebook group. I love reading about others' plans!:goodvibes

I despise when people start a PTR or a TR and then just leave it and never come back...

Oh wait...

Ooops. See, what had happened was...

Okay, OBVIOUSLY my trip has LONG since been over. BUT I am suffering withdrawl, so I want to finish this bad boy up. Anyone still interested? I am gonna finish it anyway. Gonna get my pics in order. I am gonna buckle down over the next few weeks and finish it. It's not all that fresh, but we had so many things that completely blew my mind on this trip and changed what I thought about how I felt my family should "do" Disney! I think I should share!

The biggest surprise? WE ALL AGREED ON SOMETHING AS OUR FAVORITE THINGT TO DO/ATTRACTION! AND IT WAS ONE I WOULD HAVE NEVER CONSIDERED BEFORE... (any guesses?)

stay tuned. (it's been so long, I got to remember how to do photo bucket :confused3)

My guess is the water parks?

I will definitely read along if you continue your PTR/TR. I actually started reading it when I saw it bumped to the top and only realized after several posts that it was for LAST year! :blush: And is your ticker incorrect or are you really heading back in 2 weeks?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter