"We've got how many credits left?!" DxDDP fail review!---Final Impressions!

I think 8 credits left is pretty good and you definitely got to try a lot of good looking food! :) I agree with you that being able to sign off the check easily with the dining plan is worth something in itself.

I've really enjoyed your reviews. We are planning on going deluxe next time we go. Also as the mom of a child with an ASD just wanted to chip in OT and say WooHoo for P telling you no,:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: and I have to laugh a bit because that's one of those things that woulden't sound like anything to celebrate to most parents :lmao::rotfl2:.
:rotfl: You're right!! He was saying no to me putting his shoes on because it was time to go and had he been a verbal 3 year old I would've gotten upset but I was celebrating that moment!!

Hey there :goodvibes

Lovely photos of your boys at Ohana :goodvibes

Shame that your breakfast wasn't so great
Thank you! It is, but they didn't care just their foodie mom :rotfl:

:thumbsup2

Great photos. The report is great too... I'm waiting for the total credits left over:surfweb:
Glad you enjoyed it!

Yum, 'Ohana brekkie looks great. That raisin bread looks amazing - it's weird what becomes appealing when you're constantly on WW :rolleyes:
The raisin bread was probably the best i've had..if the rest of the meal would've lived up to that then I woul'dve been :cloud9:

My guess is 10 leftover meal credits (if I did my math right :teacher: ). Even with all those credits left, I don't think it was a complete 'fail.' You did lots of character meals with the kids, and those are a great value on the plan. Plus, you had lots of snacks, refresments, etc.
You're right!! The character meals and appetizers were my sole reason for choosing this plan and it was so worth it to me! The snacks were a little much but it was nice to grab a $3 drink without pulling out cash!
I've really enjoyed your report! You have such a lovely family and your pictures are great! Looking forward to the "Grand Total!"
Jessica
I'm glad you enjoyed!!!:goodvibes
Naww I love the pics :)

And I too can't wait for your final judgement
Thank you!!

I have loved your reviews! I am so impressed that your boys did all that sit-down eating. Looking forward to the final word!
They surprised me too, Ty complained a little but by the end of the week he was better about it
Never read one of these before and was very entertained. And, as everyone else has said (but as mom I'm sure you don't get tired of hearing) your boys are adorable. And how brave to do all this sit down meals with two so young. Good on you!
Thank you!! I've always done sit down meals with my kids Ty was maybe 10 weeks the first time, P 2 months we never go to food courts or fast food and sit (we take our food home!)and I honestly think CS meals are harder than sit down alone because the few times I did CS I had to get their food while they each went in opposite directions, then one time P ate a lady's fries while we were in line :sad2: I felt so bad but she understood, with a sit down meal its a little less stressful but I hear parents say the exact opposite lol
Love your review - can't wait to see how many credits you ended up with!
Thank you!!
Loved your report! I'd adore the deluxe plan for me & DH but we also have 3 teen girls & a 4yr old boy, so I think it'd actually be more expensive than the AsMu family suite for the week!:rotfl:
Yeah I told my mom when I got home that I didn't know how big families would do with plans like that it'd be a small fortune :lmao:
Aww, sad to read that you weren't blown over by Ohana - especially since it was the last breakfast.

I've enjoyed following along and am interested in seeing your final thoughts!
I was sad and wishing I had gone to Kona but the boys loved the characters so that made up for it a little..
Enjoyed your reviews. You've inspired me....I'm upgrading our DP!!!
:yay: glad I can inspire your foodie experience :rotfl:
I really enjoyed your reviews - especially Garden Grill. I keep going back to your pictures. We are undecided about trying it but probably will. The food looks pretty good. :goodvibes
Garden Grill was a great surprise for me I was scared from all the negative reviews but i'm going back!
I think 8 credits left is pretty good and you definitely got to try a lot of good looking food! :) I agree with you that being able to sign off the check easily with the dining plan is worth something in itself.
I agree!! its not even a full day of eats so not too bad.. I felt like a big failure at the time :rotfl:

That was a really great report and I enjoyed every word. Your pictures were excellent, the food really popped! I also appreciate your candid reviews. Your insight really helped me to fine-tune what we are doing about our meals on our upcoming trip. Thanks.

Wow! That was a great review! I think in the long run you actually did very well with the deluxe plan. Especially being one adult and two kids - kids are about $20 a day on deluxe so only paying the big bucks for one adult - very worth it! (I say that as I sooo miss having 3 kids under the age of ten - now my daughter is ten and the deluxe is really much more expensive with her as an "adult".
It is nice to have the appetizers, and do the character meals and some nicer meals also - also is so nice to have it all already paid for and done with! I know for me with kids, we really enjoy the table service restaurants better than doing a counter service - is a nice break from the parks and feed the kids and woohoo, they're ready for more park time!

But enjoyed your review and all the pics (yummY!)

8 was not bad. Next time try more signature places. The main thing is your enjoyed the trip and the kids will remember a simply great trip. My kids now grown when asked about our single mom and three little ones trips now just seem to remember that we went and they had a fantastic time. But that is enough.
P>S Kids always remember the trip where every thing went wrong. ( ie: emergency room trips, flat tires and oh yes when on e was hit by a car on the beach by a 13 year old driver.

Loved your reviews!!!! You have a gorgeous family. So happy that P said his first word for you!!!! I have a DS5, who started speaking 2 years ago, so I can TOTALLY understand the excitement. Now he tells me NO all the time :rotfl2:.

That was a really great report and I enjoyed every word. Your pictures were excellent, the food really popped! I also appreciate your candid reviews. Your insight really helped me to fine-tune what we are doing about our meals on our upcoming trip. Thanks.
Thank you very much! I'm glad I could provide some insight because all of the reviews I read on here for a little over a year helped me immensely!!
Wow! That was a great review! I think in the long run you actually did very well with the deluxe plan. Especially being one adult and two kids - kids are about $20 a day on deluxe so only paying the big bucks for one adult - very worth it! (I say that as I sooo miss having 3 kids under the age of ten - now my daughter is ten and the deluxe is really much more expensive with her as an "adult".
It is nice to have the appetizers, and do the character meals and some nicer meals also - also is so nice to have it all already paid for and done with! I know for me with kids, we really enjoy the table service restaurants better than doing a counter service - is a nice break from the parks and feed the kids and woohoo, they're ready for more park time!

But enjoyed your review and all the pics (yummY!)
I don't understand Disney counting 10 year olds as adults , i've seen 10 year olds eat they are still somewhat picky and their portions are not supposed to be adult sized yet! I would have to really think about that cost wise when my boys get older
Every CS meal we had was good so either way we would've eaten good but that break was a big bonus to TS meals!!
8 was not bad. Next time try more signature places. The main thing is your enjoyed the trip and the kids will remember a simply great trip. My kids now grown when asked about our single mom and three little ones trips now just seem to remember that we went and they had a fantastic time. But that is enough.
P>S Kids always remember the trip where every thing went wrong. ( ie: emergency room trips, flat tires and oh yes when on e was hit by a car on the beach by a 13 year old driver.
:lmao: thats funny because when I look back at vacations I remember the things that went wrong more than other stuff too!
I am going to definitely try more Signature next time-Cali Grill, and Citricos, possibly Artist Point and we're doing Hoop De Doo..also I am going to stay at a hotel with room service so we can get more than pizza I would've loved to get a full meal delivered to my room once!

Loved your reviews!!!! You have a gorgeous family. So happy that P said his first word for you!!!! I have a DS5, who started speaking 2 years ago, so I can TOTALLY understand the excitement. Now he tells me NO all the time :rotfl2:.
:lmao: I'm scared of that happening! He could shake his head no for a while so he already had one way of saying no now he's got two!:scared1:

great reviews, only just managed to pop back and see what you had leftover.
I dont think you did too bad, you had some great meals and it sounded like you had a fab but relaxing time. :goodvibes

We alwas seemed to have a lot of snack credits left on our last day. What we ended up doing was stocking up on overpriced goodies and pop (at least it was included) for the trip home.

We ate at signatures every night and still had 10 credits left. I don't think of it in terms of using up all your credits. I just want to get my moneys worth. Some of our dinners cost more than the plan. When I added up the receips we had saved 400 dollars and didn't gain any weight. Thats all that matters.

Great job! I am really glad I read this. We're going in December and I was really disappointed that I didn't get CRT. Now... not so much. I am glad you had a good time and your boys are darling!

Thanks for all your hard work putting this together! :thumbsup2

great reviews, only just managed to pop back and see what you had leftover.
I dont think you did too bad, you had some great meals and it sounded like you had a fab but relaxing time. :goodvibes
I needed a vacation after this one it was a ton of fun but i've never done so much moving ever! lol Thanks for reading!:goodvibes
We alwas seemed to have a lot of snack credits left on our last day. What we ended up doing was stocking up on overpriced goodies and pop (at least it was included) for the trip home.
I would'v rather had snacks included so I could've had some yummy cookies to take home lol
We ate at signatures every night and still had 10 credits left. I don't think of it in terms of using up all your credits. I just want to get my moneys worth. Some of our dinners cost more than the plan. When I added up the receips we had saved 400 dollars and didn't gain any weight. Thats all that matters.
Wow thats a lot!! I'm sure that we had our money's worth..I never sat down and added it up *lazy* lol and not gaining any weight always makes it worth it!
Great review loved it! Read in one sitting! :surfweb:
I'm glad you enjoyed!! :thumbsup2

Great job! I am really glad I read this. We're going in December and I was really disappointed that I didn't get CRT. Now... not so much. I am glad you had a good time and your boys are darling!

Thanks for all your hard work putting this together! :thumbsup2

I would say "DON'T DO IT!!!" but your experience could possibly be the total opposite and I could be taking away a great memory :sad2:
Thank you very much!!!

My guess is "Don't mess with my Momma."??? Does the back say "or with my Doritos!"??? :lmao::lmao::lmao:

LOVE it, I would totally buy that shirt for DD. :thumbsup2

I don't know what everything is BUT I remember that the pasta primavera and the salmon was the BEST EVER, and I'm not even a fan of salmon.. i've been craving the pasta primavera since I came home but i'm too scared to make it out of fear it won't taste as good :rotfl:. I remember that the couscous salad was delish too, this buffet has a ton of variety , they have deli meats and cheeses which the boys love so they ate a lot of that , I made myself a sandwich (they have mayonnaise and mustards, really everything) and it was yummy!!

We ordered our apps, Calamari for me (honest I booked this restaurant because they had calamari and I had to have calamari at least once :rotfl:)

I'm a MD girl (i've lived her since I was 10 months old) so I LOVE crabs in any style and I for some reason figured they'd be about the same, i've had lobster in food so I didn't know what it tasted like and after getting my first taste it was confirmed.. I did NOT like lobster ..it tastes musty to me now this is obviously my own preference and in no way should reflect anyone else's choice, but it was odd..the claws were more tender than the body but I liked the way the body meat tasted better it didn't have that same strong taste. the asparagus and potatoes were really good and I did eat almost all of the lobster so despite me saying it wasn't good it was good enough for me to keep eating ...just OKAY not great but I'd be willing to try again!!

LOVE CP, too - their food is so yummy! Ditto, I'm a HUGE crab fan but not so much a lobster fan...but Narcoossee's sounds amazing!!! After reading your review, I'm contemplating changing some of my ressies...hmmm...:rolleyes1

Thanks for the great review and awesome photos. I agree w/ pps, your boys are SO adorable! Hope you get a trip report on here soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter