"We've got how many credits left?!" DxDDP fail review!---Final Impressions!

Akershus is on our list of adr's we would like for 2012. Who am i kidding...we already have the resturants all picked out and basically what days we will be eating there. lol....i might be a bit ocd when it comes to planning. I'm sure some things might change...but i have 635 days to make up my mind.:laughing:

LOL so was I! I had a Microsoft office file with a chart of ADR's for what day , reservation numbers, times, I even mentioned what days and times we would eat snacks and I would buy stuff OOP :rotfl:

Enjoying your posts. Thanks for the info!

Dave
No problem!!
Aww, sorry the lobster was not to your liking - it wasn't quite what I'd imagined either, but I did like it a lot. But just the memory of that potato gratin has me drooling. Was it not incredible?? :love:

That picture of Ty licking his fingers is priceless, you can tell he was having a good time with those s'mores!
Potatoes were amazing!! I'm going to attempt to make potatoes au gratin next week---hopefully they're yummy!
oh yeah he was definitely a fan! I knew he'd like that
Wow that calamari looks delicious! Cant wait to try it in Sept! Of course Ill have to pay oop for it b/c I only have regular DDP but it so looks worth the extra $
It's worth the OOP!! very delicious, some of the best i've had and I order calamari anytime I go to a restaurant that has it :laughing:

LOL so was I! I had a Microsoft office file with a chart of ADR's for what day , reservation numbers, times, I even mentioned what days and times we would eat snacks and I would buy stuff OOP :rotfl:

This makes me laugh - mine was on an excel spreadsheet; same with what was OOP and what was plan. Unfortunately best laid plans failed and everyone was sick for a good portion of our trip, so I changed the majority of the ressies on the fly each day - see, good thing it was all in my handy dandy Disney binder - depending on whether we felt up to going wherever I had scheduled. For our trip in January (which we are calling the kids first Disney trip - part deux), I am taking a more relaxed approach (although I'm still using excel :rotfl: ).

I've been enjoying this thread and I just want to de-lurk to say I think that you sound like a fantastic mom and your boys are very lucky!

I started reading this thread this morning. I had to leave for work and couldnt wait until lunch time to finish reading through all the great reviews and pics!

Thanks for sharing!! :thumbsup2

I have just read the entire thread and I am ready for more! I love your writing style and as everone is telling you - your boys are adorable.

We are going in Aug. on dlxdp and are eating at many of the places you did, also staying at CBR, pirate room. I am rethinking CRT. I have a 6 yr old DD, is it worth it for her to see the the princesses, DS age 9 probably will ot be into it.

I am really enjoying this review! Looks like you guys had a great trip. As for the things you did not know during the trip, next trip you are a step ahead already!

This makes me laugh - mine was on an excel spreadsheet; same with what was OOP and what was plan. Unfortunately best laid plans failed and everyone was sick for a good portion of our trip, so I changed the majority of the ressies on the fly each day - see, good thing it was all in my handy dandy Disney binder - depending on whether we felt up to going wherever I had scheduled. For our trip in January (which we are calling the kids first Disney trip - part deux), I am taking a more relaxed approach (although I'm still using excel :rotfl: ).

Subscribing to you great reviews and I am also a big fan of my excel spreadsheets for vacations planning :love:

I am really enjoying your trip report! Your 2 boys are absolutely adorable!!! Thanks for sharing your trip with us!

I love your reviews. Everything looks so yummy. Your boys are so cute. The pictures at Club Cool were great!

I can't wait for the rest. Where did you stay? Did you return for naps? Did you stay for fireworks and late shows? I would love to hear more details how you managed two small boys by your self. I did a similar trip with my three children by myself when they were 5,7, and 10. We seldom ate at all . :goodvibes At least I only remember one meal. ( Mexico) . I do remember being hot, tired and cranky. I also remember it as fun.

Love your reviews! After reading them, I think we'll have to give Crystal Palace another go on our next trip! We skipped it last time...but, I agree with you, they do salmon right!

I'm amazed your boys were so willing to do all this dining! My kids don't want to stop to eat...ever. A lot of days we just do two meals because when we're at Disney they have better things to do!

Your boys are so, so cute!!

I also have 2 boys and my oldest will talk until his lips fall off! And he'll talk to anybody, anywhere, anytime. What is it about those firstborns?? :)

Thanks for the great report.

This was a really slow eating day all, we only had one ADR for Brown Derby
We started the morning with Pizza for breakfast ----It's vacation I can break my usual strict nutritional rules!!----we didn't start our day until almost 11 again so it really was an early lunch
We had a 4:30 reservation at Brown Derby as part of the Fantasmic package so we had to kill A LOT of time, we rode everything twice, lol
We got a few snacks during this time but I didn't get any pictures:
Rasberry smoothies from Hey Howdy Hey Take Away and a Orange Fanta, Cheetos from Herbie's Drive In and ANOTHER Rasberry smoothie because P drank all mine :rotfl:
I checked into Brown Derby early around 4:00 and we got called about 10 minutes later
Our server was Carlos, he was very focused, all business...no smiles just business :rotfl: but he always made sure our drinks were refilled and our meals didn't take too long soo he was alright with me
He brought our the bread
P6290836-1.jpg

Just your standard baguette type rolls
I got the Cobb Salad for my app
P6290834-1.jpg

mmmm good!!! He didn't toss it for me which I thought they were supposed to do :confused: but it was tasty, maybe a little too much bleu cheese not enough avocado but I finished almost the whole thing
Both boys got Chicken noodle soup
P6290835-1.jpg

neither ate it.:headache:
I got the Filet of beef for my entree
P6290839-1.jpg

Honestly I don't eat steak, but being on the dining plan I said I would try some new stuff..so I got this, it was OK the seasoning was really good and the pico on top was yum as well as the polenta but the steak was so chewy I finished about half
Ty got Grilled cheese with cinnamon apples
P6290838-1.jpg

As you can see those are just regular cut apples, and Disney cuts their apples SO THIN like almost paper thin
but he ate everything
P got the tempura fish strips
P6290837-1.jpg

He didn't eat anything *sigh*
For dessert I decided on the grapefruit cake
P6290841-1.jpg

This was sooooo sour bleh! I ate around the grapefruit parts but my mouth was angry with me
The boys got worms in dirt...and apparently I didn't get a pic, neither really cared for it
I give this restaurant a 3 out of 5..it was OK but we won't return...next time we do Fantasmic package (definitely worth it!!) we'll try somewhere else
---2 credits each 6 credits total---
P6290842-1.jpg

Here's a pic of the outside, I tried to get my boys to sit there so I could take a pic...they said no.:lmao:

I agree Narccossess has fanstastic calamari!
Definitely!!
Yeah i'm taking a more lax approach next time too but I'm not going anywhere without my color coded charts!!!

I've been enjoying this thread and I just want to de-lurk to say I think that you sound like a fantastic mom and your boys are very lucky!
Thank you very much!!!

I started reading this thread this morning. I had to leave for work and couldnt wait until lunch time to finish reading through all the great reviews and pics!

Thanks for sharing!! :thumbsup2
No problem! Glad you're enjoying
I have just read the entire thread and I am ready for more! I love your writing style and as everone is telling you - your boys are adorable.

We are going in Aug. on dlxdp and are eating at many of the places you did, also staying at CBR, pirate room. I am rethinking CRT. I have a 6 yr old DD, is it worth it for her to see the the princesses, DS age 9 probably will ot be into it.
Thank you!!
If I had a princess of my own i'm sure our experience would've been different but my boys just didn't care (even though they saw almost all the movies) all the girls around us were all smiles, it made my girl baby fever spike a few degrees higher :laughing:
I am really enjoying this review! Looks like you guys had a great trip. As for the things you did not know during the trip, next trip you are a step ahead already!
Yep I learned A LOT for next time!!
Subscribing to you great reviews and I am also a big fan of my excel spreadsheets for vacations planning :love:
lol i'm glad i'm not the only over planner!!
I am really enjoying your trip report! Your 2 boys are absolutely adorable!!! Thanks for sharing your trip with us!
Thank you for reading!!
I love your reviews. Everything looks so yummy. Your boys are so cute. The pictures at Club Cool were great!
Thank you!! Club Cool was a lot of fun, Ty will get me back one day for that Beverly trick though :rotfl:
I can't wait for the rest. Where did you stay? Did you return for naps? Did you stay for fireworks and late shows? I would love to hear more details how you managed two small boys by your self. I did a similar trip with my three children by myself when they were 5,7, and 10. We seldom ate at all . :goodvibes At least I only remember one meal. ( Mexico) . I do remember being hot, tired and cranky. I also remember it as fun.
We stayed at CBR -Pirate room, I didn't plan for naps --big downfall, we did the Fantasmic Package which was the only real fireworks show we saw, we saw parts of Illuminations and the Electric street parade and others but not much...Ty refused to stay for anything :confused3
I was definitely cranky especially with my bossy 5 year old lol but I had lots of fun!!
Love your reviews! After reading them, I think we'll have to give Crystal Palace another go on our next trip! We skipped it last time...but, I agree with you, they do salmon right!

I'm amazed your boys were so willing to do all this dining! My kids don't want to stop to eat...ever. A lot of days we just do two meals because when we're at Disney they have better things to do!
I'm attempting that salmon this Sunday cross your fingers :laughing:
With it being just me it was easier for me to stop and sit at a restaurant than at a quick service, I think I would've been harder to deal with dining quick service than them at table service (I had a few occasions where I was going one way they were going the other while I had a tray in hand)lol but looking back they did really well!!

Your boys are so, so cute!!

I also have 2 boys and my oldest will talk until his lips fall off! And he'll talk to anybody, anywhere, anytime. What is it about those firstborns?? :)

Thanks for the great report.
Thank you!!
:laughing:I don't know but Ty runs his mouth off to everyone even people who aren't even looking at him, he had an audience on the buses especially at night which he loved! P is autistic and nonverbal so I think Ty uses that as an excuse to talk double!! lol

Just read through all of your reviews! Thank you for taking the time to write them!! Your boys are freaking adorable!!! Oh my goodness!!! Loved your Crystal Palace review, and we also LOVED Narcoossee's. I had the lobster as well, but I love lobster, so I loved it. We had the best meal there! Omg, SANAA looks SOOOO good!! We have to get there!!! I don't know when, but omg looks amazing!! :goodvibes:goodvibes

Just read through all of your reviews! Thank you for taking the time to write them!! Your boys are freaking adorable!!! Oh my goodness!!! Loved your Crystal Palace review, and we also LOVED Narcoossee's. I had the lobster as well, but I love lobster, so I loved it. We had the best meal there! Omg, SANAA looks SOOOO good!! We have to get there!!! I don't know when, but omg looks amazing!! :goodvibes:goodvibes

Thank You!!! I just read through yours because I saw your sig :laughing: it made me hungry!! I've got to try Cali Grill next time, definitely try Sanaa if you get the chance it was one of my Top picks from everywhere we ate! Crystal Palace had me nervous because of reviews but I was so impressed with it the cute characters were an added bonus!! Oh and I LOVE your Snow White tattoo :lovestruc

Thank You!!! I just read through yours because I saw your sig :laughing: it made me hungry!! I've got to try Cali Grill next time, definitely try Sanaa if you get the chance it was one of my Top picks from everywhere we ate! Crystal Palace had me nervous because of reviews but I was so impressed with it the cute characters were an added bonus!! Glad I didn't get Lori at Narcossesse's :sad2: Oh and I LOVE your Snow White tattoo :lovestruc

Did I miss how many credits you had left? I think you did a great job balancing and planning the meals.
I teach students with autism and have my hands full taking them to the mall. I think you did a fantastic job. Does your little one use a communication device yet?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter