• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"We've got how many credits left?!" DxDDP fail review!---Final Impressions!

Great reviews, adorable kids and lovely photos - seems to me you chose the milkshake and app I should have at Sci-Fi in oCTOBER - looks delicious.

Lovin' the reviews so far !

Thanks for taking the time to post all of the pics... :goodvibes
Thank you for reading!!!

Love the report so far! We're only doing the QSDP next time, but I still love seeing all the food we'll be missing out on! Cute pictures with the characters :) can't wait for an update.
The QSDP makes so much sense especially with kids!!
Have you started a Trip Report yet? Don't wanna miss it!

I have but I only did one day so far i'm going to be slow with that one :laughing:
Really enjoying your reviews :thumbsup2

Your boys look like they are having a wonderful time :goodvibes
They did!! I was exhausted :rotfl:

Boy, that CRT meal didn't look good at all. What a shame! Enjoying your report...your boys are adorable!
If were weren't on the DxDDP it would've made me cry to waste the credits..what a waste!!
OMG! We sat at the same table (2006) after YEARS of trying to snag a ressie there!...Water condensation dripping on the table when we were seated....We asked if we could move, and they picked up the table and moved it 2 inches:scared1:!! Thus began a dinner where we laughed so much at the farce of it all that my DD6 (at the time,) fully clad in gown and Swvorsky crystal tiara, fell off her chair laughing!:rotfl: That place is less than enchanting.

Your boys are adorable, and look appropriately bored, but at least they can say that they dined there. Yeah, and we thought the food was lacklustre as well! You are an awesome mom to try make these memories for your little ones!
NO WAY!!! :scared1: 4 years and they haven't bothered to fix it..wow! I didn't say anything because the servers had the "please don't bother me"look and I knew it was too busy for them to do anything.
At least your DD was able to laugh at it :rotfl:
I really did this dinner for me -I grew up watching the princesses but it was just so poorly done...next time we'll do Hoop De Doo, which I really hear good stuff about! At least we did it like you said!
and Thank you :blush:

Great reviews, adorable kids and lovely photos - seems to me you chose the milkshake and app I should have at Sci-Fi in oCTOBER - looks delicious.

Thank you!!
What'd you choose for your app and milkshake?
I know most do onion rings but I honestly don't like onion rings! Next time i'm getting cookies and cream like my mind kept telling me to do :rotfl:

You are really fast! Great review of Tusker House and Sanaa.:thumbsup2

Eagerly awaiting your next update!

But in the meantime, I thought of your pizza loving son the other day. I was shopping for some pizza bread at Walmart, and guess what I found! Naan! Who would of thought? It was fresh baked, garlic flavored naan! In the bakery, not with the regular bread. I bought some and made margherita pizza. It was so yummy!:cheer2:

I'm so happy to finally see a review on Sanaa! We have an ADR there in October and the reviews are few and far between. I'm now so excited to go there :)

Excellent dining report so far and your boys are absolutely adorable!

Hi there!!!:) great report so far....it makes me wish that 2012 was already here!!!

My family and I tried the breakfast on our last trip....and we were soooo disappointed. I didn't even eat my food. For the price/credits...it is a waste. but for the opportunity it was fun, but I wouldn't go back!

I'M SOOOOOO SORRY for the delay! P dropped my netbook 3 weeks ago and the screen was ruined so I had to send it in to get fixed (thank God for the warranty!) . I've been using my moms laptop but it had missing keys (P once again! :lmao:) which made it hard to type.I just got it back today but OF COURSE I had to come here to do another update...Crystal Palace and Narcossesse's!!:thumbsup2

We had a very slow start this day-we woke up at around 11 :rotfl: but its vacation and by this point I was starting to 'lax as Ty would say
We got to MK at around 12 and had a reservation at Crystal Palace for 1:10 so we had a little time to kill..Haunted Mansion per Ty's request!
I was starving at this point and I knew the boys were too -even though Ty insisted we keep going because he was not hungry-so we were off to CP hoping for an early check in .. well that did NOT happen :rotfl: but we sat and waited for our name to be called--it was packed so I understood . We waited maybe 30 minutes and finally our buzzy thingy :-)laughing:) buzzed YAY!
Our server wasn't really a nice lady but she was a good server, she didn't smile once which was odd but she didn't do anything wrong and was prompt with our drinks and everything, so I can't complain!!
I got the boys plates first (no pics) but they had mac n cheese, meatballs and broccoli and I brought Ty watermelon -P won't eat fresh fruit
The first character to come to the table was Eeyore
P6280711-1.jpg

He was cute!!
I went up to get my food next
*warning: these are not the best pics*
P6280713-1.jpg

P6280712-1.jpg

I don't know what everything is BUT I remember that the pasta primavera and the salmon was the BEST EVER, and I'm not even a fan of salmon.. i've been craving the pasta primavera since I came home but i'm too scared to make it out of fear it won't taste as good :rotfl:. I remember that the couscous salad was delish too, this buffet has a ton of variety , they have deli meats and cheeses which the boys love so they ate a lot of that , I made myself a sandwich (they have mayonnaise and mustards, really everything) and it was yummy!!
We saw Piglet and Pooh next
P6280717-1.jpg
Piglet was so cute!!:cutie:
P6280718-1.jpg

I guess Piglet liked Ty's hair
P6280715-1.jpg

as you can see Ty had a pickle in his mouth when they came and he was not going to stop eating it :rotfl2:

Tigger was near but it was at this point Ty announced he had to go to the bathroom and he couldn't wait so we missed Tigger :sad2: oh well duty called!! When we came out of the bathroom I decided it was dessert time so we went to the buffet table, they announced the parade so Ty ran to do that but I had P and he was anxious about dessert so I didn't get any pics--he enjoyed himself anyways!!
I didn't get any dessert pics but my favorite was the bread pudding--actually I didn't get a pic on purpose it was not appetizing at all it looked like a pile of mush but it was delicious! (maybe it wasn't bread pudding because bread pudding isn't usually that soupy :confused3)
I asked our server to bring a card with the characters autographs because I thought Ty had forgotten his autograph book- we later found out he lost it somewhere!!-
I would definitely recommend this buffet it was soooo good and the characters were a great addition, but I would've eaten here without the characters!
--3 credits used (1 each)--
5 out of 5
We spent the next 4 hours at MK because our reservation at Narcossesse's was at 6:30, we had a lot of fun and rode almost everything we wanted to!!

Around 5:45 it was time to get on the monorail to the Grand Floridian for our reservation. We got there around 6:10 and I didn't realize everything wasn't all connected so I walked around lost for at least 10 minutes. I brought clothes for us to change in since this is a signature restaurant and by the time that was done....we were late again!! Luckily that isn't a problem there and we sat and waited to be called --no more than 5 minutes--
We had a great server, Zahira from Morocco, she was the nicest server EVER and I mean ever anywhere and I go out to eat a lot!!
She took our drink orders and brought out some bread with butter topped with sea salt
P6280765-1.jpg

Okay this may sound strange but this bread reminded me of a fast food hamburger roll, which I really dislike..it was incredibly dense and it just wasn't great
We ordered our apps, Calamari for me (honest I booked this restaurant because they had calamari and I had to have calamari at least once :rotfl:)
P6280770-1.jpg

I finished every last bite of it, when I read the description I wasn't sure if the pepperoncini (sp?) relish would bother me and it didn't I just ate around it
P got the Ceaser salad
P6280767-1.jpg

Ty got the fresh fruit
P6280769-1.jpg

Service here was AMAZING, the boys each got crazy straws with their drinks (nice touch) and they were blue so another server walks by and was casually chatting with Ty (little did she know that he will talk until your ears fall off!) and he mentioned that his favorite color was green but he got a blue straw, he wasn't really complaining so much as just talking, but she goes in the back and brings out two green straws which I thought was so sweet and it made him very happy!!
I ordered the boys grilled fish with mashed potatoes and root veggies
apparently I didn't get a pic :headache:
they ate at it, honestly I wouldn't have ate the veggies either so I didn't mind that and Ty ate all his mashed potatoes AND P tasted the fish which I consider an amazing accomplishment--I know grilled is healthier but I think they should have fried for children it could've been oven fried, but kids eat fish sticks better so introducing something similar would've been easier
I ordered the Steamed lobster for myself
P6280772-1.jpg

this was my first adventure in lobster eating, and I worked at Red Lobster as my first kitchen job :laughing: I just never tried it ...I'm a MD girl (i've lived her since I was 10 months old) so I LOVE crabs in any style and I for some reason figured they'd be about the same, i've had lobster in food so I didn't know what it tasted like and after getting my first taste it was confirmed.. I did NOT like lobster ..it tastes musty to me now this is obviously my own preference and in no way should reflect anyone else's choice, but it was odd..the claws were more tender than the body but I liked the way the body meat tasted better it didn't have that same strong taste. the asparagus and potatoes were really good and I did eat almost all of the lobster so despite me saying it wasn't good it was good enough for me to keep eating ...just OKAY not great but I'd be willing to try again!!

For dessert the boys got S'mores I was soooo excited about this one for them
P6280777-1.jpg

P6280782-1.jpg

as you can see Ty took right to them. P ,on the other hand, only wanted to eat graham crackers....he loves Marshmallows but apparently not melted ones and he didn't want chocolate either :confused:
I got the creme brulee duo
P6280778-1.jpg

coconut was my fav but they were both really yummy!
Zahira offered to take our pic which was nice
P6280779-1.jpg

unfortunately my amatuer photographer P had his grubby paws on my camera again so its blurry..*sigh*
I give this restaurant a 5 out 5 service was AMAZING and we will definitely return. I hope Zahira is still there when we go back!!!
--6 credits used (2 each)--
We took the boat back to Magic Kingdom and I gave Ty the option (thinking I was asking an obvious question) to either go back to the hotel or go to Magic Kingdom.... HE PICKED THE HOTEL :scared1:
He had bought a small mechanical dog toy at the parks earlier (you might be able to see it in the pics) and he wanted to play with that!so we went back, P was tired anyway
Since the boys barely ate I decided to order a pizza from the delivery, by this point I knew that we had way too many credits and not enough days so it was no biggy
I got Pepperoni pizza, breadsticks, chocolate cake (ind.), pineapple upside down cake (ind.) and Sprite---this was all a part of it for ---2 credits---
By the time it came P was sleeping and Ty wasn't too interested, I was obviously full from eating a full serving of calamari and lobster but I tasted a breadstick which was tasty (not that big of a fan)
P6280795-1.jpg

P6280794-1.jpg

and I snuck a small piece of pepperoni-I love pepperoni!!
Ty said it was good, I never had any and the desserts never got eaten, we left them in the fridge even after checkout..darn!!

Loving these reviews :)
Thank you!!
Eagerly awaiting your next update!

But in the meantime, I thought of your pizza loving son the other day. I was shopping for some pizza bread at Walmart, and guess what I found! Naan! Who would of thought? It was fresh baked, garlic flavored naan! In the bakery, not with the regular bread. I bought some and made margherita pizza. It was so yummy!:cheer2:
:cool1: I've got to try that! On my next grocery store trip i'm buying naan and making some and I better get the same reviews as Sanaa got from Ty!!
I'm so happy to finally see a review on Sanaa! We have an ADR there in October and the reviews are few and far between. I'm now so excited to go there :)

Excellent dining report so far and your boys are absolutely adorable!
Yay!! glad I could help, yeah I noticed that before going that there weren't many reviews, it was a great meal!!
Hope you enjoy as much as we did!
What wonderful pics!!! Thank you for taking the time to share them...:goodvibes
:goodvibes I'm happy to!!
GREAT review, really enjoying them and those adorable boys!
Thank you!!
Hi there!!!:) great report so far....it makes me wish that 2012 was already here!!!

My family and I tried the breakfast on our last trip....and we were soooo disappointed. I didn't even eat my food. For the price/credits...it is a waste. but for the opportunity it was fun, but I wouldn't go back!
Thank you!I'm glad I tried it, but it definitely was the one place in Disney that reminded me that they are in the money making business.. there was nothing special about it to be..even the princesses :/ ..maybe Akershus next time?
Love your reviews can't wait to read more.
Thank you!!

Aww, sorry the lobster was not to your liking - it wasn't quite what I'd imagined either, but I did like it a lot. But just the memory of that potato gratin has me drooling. Was it not incredible?? :love:

That picture of Ty licking his fingers is priceless, you can tell he was having a good time with those s'mores!

Wow that calamari looks delicious! Cant wait to try it in Sept! Of course Ill have to pay oop for it b/c I only have regular DDP but it so looks worth the extra $

Thank you!I'm glad I tried it, but it definitely was the one place in Disney that reminded me that they are in the money making business.. there was nothing special about it to be..even the princesses :/ ..maybe Akershus next time?

Thank you!!

Akershus is on our list of adr's we would like for 2012. Who am i kidding...we already have the resturants all picked out and basically what days we will be eating there. lol....i might be a bit ocd when it comes to planning. I'm sure some things might change...but i have 635 days to make up my mind.:laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter