• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

We've got Deluxe APs but we're out of DVC points! A year of Disneyland trips- updated 6/27!

I am hoping we fell the same way you do by having APs and not in a rush to ride. :thumbsup​

I did see chili cheese fries and I am a sucker for good ones. Definitely need to try those.​

Great! Thanks for confirming that. I am going to check on the ART site for pick up times. I am thinking that'll be our best option.​

I read it on the Disney Parks blog a few weeks ago. It open up right before we arrive. :woohoo: And you're right, it's the only place to get a burger in DCA. Crazy! ETA: Guess that they changed the Paradise Grill menu according to Bret. Thank you Bret for posting the links.

You will feel it when you go a lot. When you do a ride over and over, you will not want to go back on it and do the other rides (unless you like a specific ride and have to do it every time you are at the parks). For me, I have to ride the Disneyland Monorail every time I am at DL. The only times when I feel like I have to rush and get a lot done is by having other people in my party since they are here for the first time and won't come back for a long time. I did that during my last trip with DD4 and her mom. We were able to do everything we wanted to do during the trip except a few things that we didn't do.

Chili cheese fries are good. I do miss the old Taste Pilots menu when they had Rocket ribs. It is a shame when Disney changes the menu and have the same thing like everywhere at the parks.

Your welcome. You can buy the ART tickets at your hotel which will save you time is what I did.

Your welcome. I would do the same thing and see what the changes are to both the new Smokejumpers Grill and Taste Pilots Grill and it looks exactly like what the old menu shows on AllEars.

You will feel it when you go a lot. When you do a ride over and over, you will not want to go back on it and do the other rides (unless you like a specific ride and have to do it every time you are at the parks). For me, I have to ride the Disneyland Monorail every time I am at DL. The only times when I feel like I have to rush and get a lot done is by having other people in my party since they are here for the first time and won't come back for a long time. I did that during my last trip with DD4 and her mom. We were able to do everything we wanted to do during the trip except a few things that we didn't do.

Chili cheese fries are good. I do miss the old Taste Pilots menu when they had Rocket ribs. It is a shame when Disney changes the menu and have the same thing like everywhere at the parks.

Your welcome. You can buy the ART tickets at your hotel which will save you time is what I did.

Your welcome. I would do the same thing and see what the changes are to both the new Smokejumpers Grill and Taste Pilots Grill and it looks exactly like what the old menu shows on AllEars.

I think Pirates is my must do. And IASW. And Matterhorn. :lmao: I was talking to Michael and the kids last. Night and they still don't want to park hop even with APs! They're so funny. I think with Soarin' being down they may change their mind. I did read last night that Splash opens up 3/31 so we won't. Miss it! :woohoo:

Great, I'll buy them at the hotel.

I miss the ribs too! They were really good ribs. I do love the variety of foods in DCA though. Those Cozy Cones are awesome!

8 days until Disneyland!

:dogdance:8 Days until Disneyland!!!! :dogdance:

Love that dancing Connor/Guinness! I was just talking to Michael about how we cannot over pack. We won't have a washing machine for 10 days! :faint:

Wow! I so wish I was joining you there. :sad2: you guys will have a blast!

Is there anyway you can sneak away for a half day? :goodvibes

Joshua's is so pumped for his tournament. His coach made him Captain of the season. He is elated! :cloud9: The weather looks to be in the high 80's in Vegas and low 80"s in Anaheim. Sooooooo perfect! :woohoo:

And Splash is opening up on 3/31 instead of 4/2 when our APs are blocked! party: I am so excited, I think I am repeating myself. :blush:

We also talked with the kids on how super budget friendly this trip needs to be. They are up for the challenge. :lovestruc

I think Pirates is my must do. And IASW. And Matterhorn. :lmao: I was talking to Michael and the kids last. Night and they still don't want to park hop even with APs! They're so funny. I think with Soarin' being down they may change their mind. I did read last night that Splash opens up 3/31 so we won't. Miss it! :woohoo:

Great, I'll buy them at the hotel.

I miss the ribs too! They were really good ribs. I do love the variety of foods in DCA though. Those Cozy Cones are awesome!

8 days until Disneyland!

That is surprising to hear that your family doesn't want to park hop. I can understand of not getting park hopping at WDW since you have to go from park to park by car, bus, monorail or boat. But the DLR is a different story where you can park in less than 5 minutes. At least Splash will be up when you are there which is a great ride to ride especially during the hot days.

It is a shame that Taste Pilots took off the ribs for the burgers and now it is at Smokejumpers Grill. At the Cozy Cones with the Chili Cone Queso and Chicken Verde, there is the Bacon Mac & Cheese Cone which is great.

Thank you, thank you for all of the Summerlin suggestions! One of the soccer moms suggested Grimaldi's Pizza too. :thumbs That sounds like a better option than BJ's. I don't love Applebee's or Chili's. A different soccer mom raves about BJ's and goes overtime we travel to Nevada.

I would stay away from BJ's -just generic pizza and super salty foods. I'm not a fan.

Tivoli Village IS in Summerlin...love it. You can Yelp or Google it. I enjoy walking around there and easy to find something to eat. :flower:

Last edited:
You can always pop by my house for a few hours and do a couple loads. :thumbsup2

We'll see. One day at a time. It really wouldn't be nice to leave her alone helpless in bed while I go have fun.

You are very sweet to offer. I'd hate to invade with my BIG crew and dirty laundry with Fran feeling so bleh. :hug: Having said that, if you're wanting company maybe we could swing by and bring food? Kids could swim, we could stay outside. We'll play it by ear. Michael begged me not to make too many plans. Poor guy is in SO much need of a break. I told him since he's joining my trip, I still get to drive to Vegas. he said: that's not relaxing. :crazy2: :lmao:

For sure and totally understandable. If she's anything like Michael, he'd kill me if I didn't take time for myself. One day at a time. :goodvibes

That is surprising to hear that your family doesn't want to park hop. I can understand of not getting park hopping at WDW since you have to go from park to park by car, bus, monorail or boat. But the DLR is a different story where you can park in less than 5 minutes. At least Splash will be up when you are there which is a great ride to ride especially during the hot days.

It is a shame that Taste Pilots took off the ribs for the burgers and now it is at Smokejumpers Grill. At the Cozy Cones with the Chili Cone Queso and Chicken Verde, there is the Bacon Mac & Cheese Cone which is great.

They insist hopping wastes time and keeps them from focussing on the here and now. They are so funny. They just told me again: no park hopping! :duck:Guess I better quit asking. LOL! I have a feeling they will change their mind once they realize that without hopping, we'll only have one day to ride Splash. :stir:

Love the chicken chili verde cone! :cloud9: Chloe loved the mac and cheese cone. The variety of food at DCA is really starting to grow on me.

I would stay away from BJ's -just generic pizza and super salty foods. I'm not a fan.

Tivoli Village IS in Summerlin...love it. You can Yelp or Google it. I enjoy walking around there and easy to find something to eat. :flower:

Grimaldi's it is! :woohoo: BJs is off the list. Thank you so much!!!

You are very sweet to offer. I'd hate to invade with my BIG crew and dirty laundry with Fran feeling so bleh. :hug:

Unless there is a drastic change she is in the bedroom all day. As long as I can attend to what she needs, I would welcome company. You wouldn't be bothering her with laundry, food and Company would be nice.

Last edited:
Disney Days itinerary:

Sunday night: arrive to Anaheim between 5 & 8 pm. If before 7 then we'll eat the Naples for dinner in DTD. If after 7 then maybe Earl of Sandwich for dinner. There is a chance we'll hit the beach for sunset if we get there before and feel like driving more.

Our daily plan includes doing the parks without EMH/EE as we don't have access to the most magical hour.

Monday: Disneyland! We have to leave about 4 pm to grab Gabby from LGB, maybe eat at Super Mex and then back to Disneyland for the evening.

Tuesday: DCA! Having said that, Splash opens today so I am hoping my crew will hop for at least Splash.

Wednesday: Disneyland!

Thursday: Today is sort of up in the air. I'd like to spend the majority of the day driving neighborhoods for Gabby. My plan is to grab a map and highlight good areas. Things have changed a lot in the 20 years I've lived in Utah. Not sure if Chloe and Joshua will stay at the parks or join us but I am good either way.

Unless there is a drastic change she is in the bedroom all day. As long as I can attend to what she needs, I would welcome company. You wouldn't be bothering her with laundry food and Company would be nice.

Is she bored to tears? :(

I'll for sure let you know whats going on while we are there. Like I said, Michael doesn't want me to make a ton of plans. His stress level is the highest I have seen in the over two decades we have been together. My fella needs some major downtime. Lunch at your place might fit the bill.

Today is sort of up in the air. I'd like to spend the majority of the day driving neighborhoods for Gabby.

So are you going to San Diego that day or are you driving neighborhoods near Anaheim?

Is she bored to tears? :(

Pretty much. If you're friends on FB, a shout out on her wall would make her feel better. Her tablet us pretty much her lifeline. She's watching Amazon Prime videos to keep herself amused.

My fella needs some major downtime. Lunch at your place might fit the bill.

Our house is pretty much downtime, except for when I need to do something. Right now I'm too tired to do anything I need to. I'm actually picking up dinner Togo from Polly's.

She wants to live in Long Beach/Belmont Shore/Seal Beach, maybe Huntington but it's not her first choice. She put in her transfer papers to 3 stores. Hopefully we'll find out soon where Sbux is transferring her to. She has no interest in San Diego.

Polly's Pies?

We're not FB friends. Should I friend her?

So are you going to San Diego that day or are you driving neighborhoods near Anaheim?

Pretty much. If you're friends on FB, a shout out on her wall would make her feel better. Her tablet us pretty much her lifeline. She's watching Amazon Prime videos to keep herself amused.

Our house is pretty much downtime, except for when I need to do something. Right now I'm too tired to do anything I need to. I'm actually picking up dinner Togo from Polly's.

Ask her to friend me again. I did send her a friend request....I can post pictures of my kitty. :teeth:

She wants to live in Long Beach/Belmont Shore/Seal Beach, maybe Huntington but it's not her first choice. She put in her transfer papers to 3 stores. Hopefully we'll find out soon where Sbux is transferring her to. She has no interest in San Diego.

:scratchin what size place is she looking for and when is she moving? Does she have a roommate? What rent is she looking to pay? We may have a two bedroom unit coming available if I ever get my a$$ in gear and clean it out....

Polly's Pies?

::yes:: Salisbury Steak, creamed spinach, and baked beans. What I get EVERY time! :thumbsup2 I used to get the mac n cheese instead of the beans, but it's too carby.

We're not FB friends. Should I friend her?

Yes, I will grab her tablet and approve the friend requests.

Ask her to friend me again. I did send her a friend request....I can post pictures of my kitty. :teeth:

She saw it because she asked who PIO Marceline was, I told her to friend you, I'll have to do it for her.

I'm here. Thanks for the "mouse" signal! Finally back from my Spring Break trip... Sadly not at Disneyland this year but my SIL did book their trip to WDW in October!

I hope things work out and you can see Alison! I can't wait to see all of you guys (and finally meet you in 3D!) in just over a month!

Jill in CO

:scratchin what size place is she looking for and when is she moving? Does she have a roommate? What rent is she looking to pay? We may have a two bedroom unit coming available if I ever get my a$$ in gear and clean it out....

She does have a roommate. Keep me posted on your progress. She's needing be to out there and moved in the first week of August. Her transfer date is between 8/1-8/14. Can't wait to find out what store she's being transferred to. :hyper: Where is the apartment located in Long Beach?​

::yes:: Salisbury Steak, creamed spinach, and baked beans. What I get EVERY time! :thumbsup2 I used to get the mac n cheese instead of the beans, but it's too carby.

YUM!​

Yes, I will grab her tablet and approve the friend requests.

Sent! :teeth:

I'm here. Thanks for the "mouse" signal! Finally back from my Spring Break trip... Sadly not at Disneyland this year but my SIL did book their trip to WDW in October!

I hope things work out and you can see Alison! I can't wait to see all of you guys (and finally meet you in 3D!) in just over a month!

Jill in CO

:welcome: my friend! So looking forward to finally meeting though I feel like I totally know you already. It's going to be such a fun filled weekend! party:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter