We've got Deluxe APs but we're out of DVC points! A year of Disneyland trips- updated 6/27!

I remember that too! It happened on my birthday and I was having a party, I was afraid that no one would show up because of the curfews, but we were out in the Valley and we partied like college kids! That was a scary time. My work let us go early once the riots broke out and we sat glued to the TV. Unfortunately we ended up seeing that poor truck driver Reginald Denny get beaten to a vegetable. It was sad. :sad2:

You saw that? :faint: Terrible. Tragic.

party: We are going to party like college kids. :lmao:

I could always Fed Ex them home to you. It might a couple days, but you probably couldn't live without them for that long.

Home isn't the issue it's there but thank you sweet lady! :hug: I have plenty of room now! :woohoo:

Me too!!! I land at 9:30. You too then right? I am laughing that we are FBing and chatting here. :lmao: I am going to move to text. I don't have messenger so I am on safari which stinks on my phone.

I am almost finished packing. I packed really light for me. I skipped the whole multiple choice options for outfits each day other than for Steakhouse 55 I brought both dresses though I think I know which one I'll wear. If we end of pigging out like I think we will, it'll be the flowers instead of the solid. Its more forgiving. ;)

I just got home. I'm blonde again. :) Had to stop and buy a charger for my phone battery since I accidentally threw it away when I was packing last weekend. Doh! thought it was for the broken camera.

I need to go finish packing. Argh!

I land at 9:50.

Jill in CO

My charger fits any phone, you just need your cord. :woohoo: I will bring them both.

Glad you are home and can finish packing. I almost forgot my swimsuit. :eek: I'd be Naked Jenny. :lmao: If Naked Jim a run for his money. LOL!!!

Yay for blonde again.

So you land just about a half hour after me. Our timing might be perfect.

Me too!!! I land at 9:30. You too then right? I am laughing that we are FBing and chatting here. :lmao: I am going to move to text. I don't have messenger so I am on safari which stinks on my phone.

I am almost finished packing. I packed really light for me. I skipped the whole multiple choice options for outfits each day other than for Steakhouse 55 I brought both dresses though I think I know which one I'll wear. If we end of pigging out like I think we will, it'll be the flowers instead of the solid. Its more forgiving. ;)

That's two places I'm expecting to see pictures! :teeth:

I overpacked to even things out. ;)

I think I have everything. If not, I"m sure I can buy it there!

Jill in CO

We also have somewhat of a personal shopper. Donna and David live so close that when the band truck caught fire when I was picking up equipment at their house and I was stuck there for hours waiting for resolution, they told me just in time when the Disney fireworks were going off so I could watch them while talking to the claims adjuster.

Donna has offered to get anything we need at the store (within reason). She is such a sweet lady and would be happy to help out if anyone needed it. You all will love her she is a sweetheart.

I hope that's not all going down where you work, but something tells me that it's right in the heart of where your job.is located. :hug:

Thankfully it hasn't directly affected us, but it is near, and right around patients' homes. So we have to get the patient's out and home before anything starts. It's just made work very stressful because everyone here is stressed. I don't live in the city so I'm better off than most. No curfew for me but I'm asleep by 9:30 anyway...

Are you near the riots? :( I remember living in Long Beach during the Rodney King riots. Holy moly it was a sight to see. I remember having 10 pm curfews. And keg riot parties. :blush: Hey, we were young. In retrospect there wasn't anything funny about it but at the time there wasn't social media like there is now. I think the devastation was watered down..​

We are near, but nothing has happened to our building thankfully. But the destruction is around us. Thankfully I've been out of the city when most of the badness happens.

Lightening McQueen was SO cool!!! I just love that area and how amazing the theme is.

I MUST go to Carsland at night this time, I totally missed that awesomeness!

We have to do Grizzly River Run in October!!! :woohoo: I wish you were joining us this weekend. :hug:

I wish I was too!!! I have a 7 hour drive ahead of me tomorrow for a wedding. Otherwise I'd have been there in a heartbeat!

I was hoping to have an update tonight but it doesn't look hopeful. Its going to be a fun and busy weekend. I packed very lightly and though it was going to all fit in a carry on when I realized my hair products are more than 3 oz each. I cannot go without them so I had to pay the $25 to Delta. Jet Blue allows a free bag so I will be ok on the ok way.

I will try to post pics here but there will be a ton live shots on Instagram, FB, and Twitter. :goodvibes

I know you all with have a fabulous time, can't wait to hear all about it!!!

Joshua really doesn't enjoy ToT and while I like it, I like spending time with him more than riding it multiple times. At almost 14 y/o, he is still my buddy. :lovestruc

One of the joys of last years band trip was being able to have solo park time with each boy where they could really just dictate whatever they wanted to do. I loved that! Jeff tends to weigh in but I feel blessed to have been enough I am pretty much cool with anything my boys want to do.

The FP wasn't too bad and I think stand by was already over 60 minutes. I just couldn't wait that long when single rider and FP are options.

I can't handle waiting 60 minutes for anything anymore. Love single rider! It's a blessing once the kids get old enough to do that. Then they become crazed junkies!

We needed a little snack after RSR so we grabbed a few Cozy Cones to share. What's left of one of the chicken chili verde cones. :lmao: Its one of our favorites. And a decent price too.

I really like the verde cone. The actual cone part, not so much but that chicken is darn good!

It had warmed up quite a bit even though it wasn't totally sunny. It was time for a spin on Grizzly River Run. Our timing was perfect because we got a chance to meet one of our favorite mutts on the way! As a Family UP is one of our favorite movies

We have been thwarted on this so many times it's just sad....maybe on Saturday....

I remember living in Long Beach during the Rodney King riots. Holy moly it was a sight to see. I remember having 10 pm curfews. And keg riot parties. :blush: Hey, we were young. In retrospect there wasn't anything funny about it but at the time there wasn't social media like there is now. I think the devastation was watered down.

Social media fans the flames and brings in the crazies. Jeff and his ex lived in LB back then. She was DEA and they were driving around with a loaded gun in the trunk. Scary stuff.

I remember that too! It happened on my birthday and I was having a party, I was afraid that no one would show up because of the curfews, but we were out in the Valley and we partied like college kids! That was a scary time. My work let us go early once the riots broke out and we sat glued to the TV. Unfortunately we ended up seeing that poor truck driver Reginald Denny get beaten to a vegetable. It was sad. :sad2:

Just horrible!

13 hours until I board my plane!

I am ON the plane. LOL! With my free glass of wine and chicken salad. Not sure how I got the upgrade lottery this time. I am lowly on the status pole and there had to be 10 folks awaiting an upgrade on the board. I'll take it though!

If we end of pigging out like I think we will, it'll be the flowers instead of the solid. Its more forgiving. ;)

I like the flowers, it's more springy and the weather looks to be fabulous. I ended up packing 3 options lol. 2 forgiving and one not.

I don't have messenger on my phone either. On purpose.

I just got home. I'm blonde again. :) Had to stop and buy a charger for my phone battery since I accidentally threw it away when I was packing last weekend. Doh! thought it was for the broken camera.

Shoot, I have extras but will share, it will work with any phone as long as you have your cable with you.

I overpacked to even things out. ;)

Me too

Donna and David live so close that when the band truck caught fire when I was picking up equipment at their house and I was stuck there for hours waiting for resolution, they told me just in time when the Disney fireworks were going off so I could watch them while talking to the claims adjuster.

That is so cool! And what I call making lemondae.

Thankfully it hasn't directly affected us, but it is near, and right around patients' homes. So we have to get the patient's out and home before anything starts. It's just made work very stressful because everyone here is stressed. I don't live in the city so I'm better off than most. No curfew for me but I'm asleep by 9:30 anyway...

Oh Pam, that is awful, so sad and just doesn't help anything for anyone. I am so sorry. One week for you, one week! (ok, what 9 days?) still.

Oh Pam, that is awful, so sad and just doesn't help anything for anyone. I am so sorry. One week for you, one week! (ok, what 9 days?) still.

I'll take 9 days!!!! :cool1: this weekend it's supposed to get worse which is horrible because it's already been terrible. But luckily for me I'm heading up to New York for a wedding. You're right, it's not helping anything, just making things worse :(

I'll take 9 days!!!! :cool1: this weekend it's supposed to get worse which is horrible because it's already been terrible. But luckily for me I'm heading up to New York for a wedding. You're right, it's not helping anything, just making things worse :(

Worse????? Oh my goodness, why? Thank goodness you'll be gone.

Stay safe! :flower3:

Hi all! :wave: I haven't forgotten about this report or abandoned it in any way. Life has been a little nuts since returning from Alison's amazing birthday celebration. I will be back with an update tomorrow night but in the meantime Happy Mother's Day to all my mom friends. :grouphug: :flower3:

Thank you Michele! :hug: Hope you had a wonderful day.

Minor update, like super minor.....looks like our December trip will be spent offsite. We were totally unable to nab anything at the GCV before Dec 10 when our APs expire. :sad: Of course the week after is wide open. At this point Michael says we won't renew but I don't think he's thinking clearly. Gabby will be living there after all..........if the week of Dec 20 is open I may borrow and book anyway. I'd be borrowing from 2016 so canceling won't be a huge deal. pixiedust:

Thank you, it was quiet but I like a quiet day. I was able to read and just be lazy which fit into the way I've been feeling.

I'm sure that Michael will come around to your thinking on the AP's. It's practical! Too bad you couldn't get the dates you wanted. This would be a great time to check out the Ayres Hotel! They have a new one in Orange that is supposed to be really nice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter