• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

We've got Deluxe APs but we're out of DVC points! A year of Disneyland trips- updated 6/27!

Happy Birthday to Michael! I hope he feels better soon and that you can reschedule the birthday dinner. :flower3:

Not long to go now.

I hope Michael feels better soon.

Thanks friend. :hug: He thinks its just a bad cold coupled with copious amounts of stress. This vacation couldn't come at a better time.​

Happy Birthday to Michael! I hope he feels better soon and that you can reschedule the birthday dinner. :flower3:

Not long to go now.

Thank you. :goodvibes

I am home from work, laundry is in, went to the store for road trip goodies, tires are rotated, gas tank full, so now I just need to clean and pack...a lot. Our house/pet sitter will be over tonight for directions. I am sooooooo excited! :woohoo:

Yay for getting ready to go!

Last load of laundry just hit the dryer! party: I realized we need to pack beach towels too. :crazy2: I am hoping Chloe and Joshua will still get their own row in the car on the way to Vegas but I better stop packing crap. :blush:

So just wanted to let you all know I'll be posting a lot live On Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram during this trip.

Updated and detailed itinerary:

Friday: Drive SLC to Vegas. I have all kind of food packed for the drive. We've got apples, baby carrots, a ton of Cliff Bars, nuts, chips, gum, rolls, turkey and cheese for sandwiches, and of course water bottles.

The plan is to be on the road by 8. We should miss the SLC traffic, Provo traffic, and Vegas traffic that way.

I am standing firm on me driving. I told Michael to take some DayQuil for the secondary benefit of not only helping his cold but hopefully he'll pass out instead of critique my driving. pirate:

We won't stop for lunch, hence the turkey sandwiches but my guess is we'll stop for a Starbuck's on the way out of town. That means I'll need a potty break somewhere in Provo. ;) TMI? Sorry.

Check in time at the hotel is 3 pm. We are going to dinner at Grimaldi's.

it'll be an early night for our center mid soccer player.

Saturday: Soccer, soccer, and more soccer.

Joshua's first game is at 9:20. His coach likes them there 45 minutes early and we are about 10-15 from the field; 20 including parking as it's always such a joke. The hotel comes with free breakfast so after that we'll take off about 8:20.

After the first game we'll grab a Subway and then it'll be close to go back to the field for the second game at 1:20.

Gosh I hope they win. pixiedust:

Dinner is up in the air still. A team dinner may happen but I'm not sure.

I'd like to find a place in the little Italy type place mentioned here for dinner and to walk around, carb load for Joshua.

It'll be an early bedtime again.

Sunday: Soccer, maybe soccer, and driving to CA.

Joshua's first and possibly final game begins at 8 am. That means we leave the hotel by 7. Breakfast opens at 6:30 so it may be a Cliff Bar for breakfast for him.

Depending on how the boys and the other teams have played will determine if they play the finals at 1:20.

As of now, I'll plan on the finals to be safe.

After the finals, we'll go back, pack up, and check out of the Hampton Inn.

Between the first and second game we'll grab Subway (again) :scared: I don't love Subway but it's light and he can process it quickly.

Play the finals, WIN, and leave!

I'll let Michael drive. :smokin:

Arrive to Anaheim and the Embassy Suites (still digesting this but slowly feeling better) by 8. Check in, unpack, and head to DTD! Earl of Sandwich for dinner using my free birthday coupon.

I am powerless against treats and shopping in DTD. :blush: The parks open at 8 am Monday so I don't think we'll be out that late.

Okay, going to watch Brave...I'll be back with the Disney portion of the trip.

Last edited:
Yay! It's almost time to go! Hopefully Joshua's team does very well and Michael starts feeling better!

Have a safe drive...can't wait to see your updates!

Jill in CO

Yay! It's almost time to go! Hopefully Joshua's team does very well and Michael starts feeling better!

Have a safe drive...can't wait to see your updates!

Jill in CO

It's almost time!!! :hyper: We are all packed. Kids just showered. We are set. Of course it looks like we traveling to unchartered territory with the amount of food I am taking. LOL! :p I should be embarrassed but I'm not.

Updated itinerary continued

Monday:
Finally at the Disneyland resort.
Park Hours: DL: 8am - midnight DCA 8am -10 pm EMH 7 am
Because we don;t have access to EMH, we are going to hit the park opposite the one with EMH. Seems logical to me. I highly doubt we'll hop this day but we'll see......

Grab some breakfast grub and leave the ES South by 7:15 am. The shuttle starts running 45 minutes before the earliest park opening. Luckily they have their own dedicated shuttle. It's more $$ than ART or driving and parking but dealing with the parking structure doesn't feel very vacationy. I just made that word up.

Disneyland!!! :cloud:

Gabby's flight lands at 6 pm out pf LGB so we'll leave by 5 to get her. We'll go straight up Katella and skip over to Wardlow which runs right into LGB. It's

Wardlow or Spring. It's only 17 miles away. :woohoo:

Drop Gabby's bag at the ES South, see where we are for the cocktail reception, grab a drinks, and head back into Disneyland. Dinner at Plaza Inn. Lunch at Bengal BBQ maybe? Corn dog cart?

Mickey beignets for sure! Maybe a glimpse pf F! and fireworks while riding BTMRR. We love that!

So, just spoke with my friend and the only day she's not working is Monday so it looks like we will do Disneyland from 8-10, head to the beach and spend the day with her, pick up Gabby at 6, and then close Disneyland down that night. We'll leave straight from HB to the airport to grab Gabby. Both Chloe and Joshua are saying they want to stick with the parks all day and honestly, I may let them.

Tuesday:
Park Hours: DL: 8am - midnight EMH 7-8 am DCA 8am -10 pm

Lather, rinse, repeat the morning routine.

DCA!!! :woohoo:

At some point we may hop over and grab FP's for Splash as it'll reopen today after it's refurb. If we don;t ride today then we'll only have one day (if we don't hop) to ride it. We'll see....

Award Weiners for lunch and most likely the new Smokejumpers grill for dinner. Or vice versa. Some Starbucks, Ice cream. The usual DCA treats. Maybe a margarita or two.

Midday break at ES for cocktail reception.

Not sure about WoC....we had the perfect spot last time. Saw the show in it's entirety and then twice from the villa.

Wednesday:
Park Hours: DL: 8am - midnight DCA 8am -10 pm EMH 7-8 am

Same morning routine. I hate change. :upsidedow

Disneyland!!! :love:

Breakfast at the River Belle Terrace.

Maybe Mickey and the Magical Map as we missed it last trip. It'll be pretty play it by ear. I would love to the Egg-stravaganza egg hunt.

We'll do Bengal or Corn Dog Cart, whichever one we missed. If we don't eat Plaza Inn again, I'll be shocked. I keep wanting to try Cafe Orlean's but it just doesn't work out. I have a PS for lunch though just in case.

Midday break at ES for cocktail reception. I justified staying here vs the Hilton in part for the free breakfast and free happy hour.

Fireworks and I would love to see F! in it's entirety.

Maybe Storybook Boats during the fireworks but you have to plan it just right. Its harder than it sounds.

Thursday:
Park Hours: DL: 8am - midnight EMH 7-8 am DCA 8am -10 pm EMH 7-8 am

Now today will vary greatly. I would like to take some time to drive around and highlight some good boundary areas for Gabby to live in when she moves. Not sure Chloe and Joshua will want to join and I'll leave that up to them. They will have to tay in the parks though and not break at the hotel.

I also want to see my dad. Maybe drop by A&F's. See my friend Ruthie too. Shannon maybe. She isn't sure if she'll be in town. Today will be totally off the cuff.

But if it is a park day, it'll be our last and DCA is what the troops are calling for.

The sewers are back at Garden Grill so those'll be good. They also like Chinese at the wharf. If we are out and about it'll be maybe Chen's in Long Beach or Boathouse on the Bay near Belmont Shore or SuperMex near HB. Like i said, today isn't planned.

Friday:

Check out of the ES and into the HB Waterfront Hilton. :lovestruc

The weather only looks like 78* right now. I'd love a mid 80* but I'll live......maybe.

Today will either be a beach day, shop day, look for places to live day, or some of all.

We love Dwight's on the beach at lifeguard tower 3 for their strips and cheese. Like to die for! Hb Brewery is another must. They have a good happy hour and half priced apps. Plus the girls think the servers are hot.

Sunset. :cloud9:

Saturday:

Beach day all day, weather permitting. :cloud9:

If we need to look for places or find something by chance this far out, we'll go see it. But ideally Id love a full beach day.

Surfing! Everybody is dying to get on a board again.

Sunset. :lovestruc

Cry.

Count the days until we can come back.

Sunday:
Park Hours: DL: 8am - midnight EMH 7-8 am DCA 8am -10 pm EMH

Wait what, we leave today! ::yes:: we do but I am okay with strolling in at midnight and being exhausted the next day at work. So are the kids but with school. :blush: Depending on how we are feeling, we may hurry over to Disneyland and ride a few things before heading out of town because we can! We did that last trip. On the day we left, we went in to DCA, rode Soarin', and then drove home just because we could.

So that's our plan. It could change at a moment's notice as I promised Michael no over scheduling. Our plan is to pretty much enjoy one of the last family vacations we'll have before Gabby moves. :sad:

Last edited:
Thank you my friend. :goodvibes

Would you all be shocked if I said our Monday plan changed? :lmao: Going to edit in red above.

Your updated itinerary looks very good during your trip. Just like you Angela said that plans can be changed during the trip.

We've already changed from BWPPI to Candy Cane Inn for our night in May. Our cousins will be there for two nights and their pool looked better for them to visit with some other relatives that will be coming to see them for a few hours.

Have a fantastic trip! I'll be reading along green with envy while you're gone!

Jill in CO

Nothing better than Disneyland and sunsets on the beach. :beach:

Drive safe and have a wonderful time.

:cloud9: I agree. T minus 1 hour until we leave.​

Plans can change, you're on vacation and free to change your mind.

Yay!!! It does give us one less Disney day but that's what APs are for right? Chloe and Joshua disagree. They want 7 Disney days. LOL!​

Your updated itinerary looks very good during your trip. Just like you Angela said that plans can be changed during the trip.

Thanks Bret! I am ready to hit the road. :car:

We've already changed from BWPPI to Candy Cane Inn for our night in May. Our cousins will be there for two nights and their pool looked better for them to visit with some other relatives that will be coming to see them for a few hours.

You have? I have read really great things about the Candy Cane Inn. It's one of the best offsite choices. With 5 of us it's not an option but the reviews are fantastic! I think that was a good choice. The pool at the BWPPI looks like your standard small hotel pool.

I think it's just about time :hyper:

Safe travels! Loved reading all your itinerary. If it changes it changes, that's what's great about vacation. Just enjoy family time :goodvibes:

Good luck to Josh, I hope he has tons of fun with soccer!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter