We've Bounced Back like Tigger SB09 TR NEW 9/11 CLOSING TIME....

This is what DH had for lunch when we ate there.....he declared it delish! Well maybe he didn't use the term delish.....:rotfl2:....

cute....yes it was a pleaser!

Awww! I'm hoping the :umbrella: made for lighter crowds!

Kathy

Yes it was a nice surprise to hear Michael was playing w/ another guest! and the DHS rain report will be coming soon....

So what is Michael's 1st best food?

PASTA! but made just right....he'll eat any noodle, but w/ cut up grape tomatos and drizzeled w/ Italian dressing and parmesan cheese

That chicken looks really tasty!:goodvibes CSR looks great all around, but I hesitate to stay there because of the whole convention center thing. Did you find that it took away from your expierence there, or did you even notice?:confused3

To be perfectly honest, the convention center didn't bother us at all. I doubled checked if there was one going on when we were thee and one group was there during the middle of our trip. Yes you noticed suits and more business attired fols walking around (our building was close to the CV too) and at times I noticed the PM more full of eating guests, but it didn't seem to be an issue for us as I have read for others. I didn't encounter any annoying looks but smiles and hello's when the kids were running ahead or being loud w/ fun cause hey we are at Disney. It just blended in.

If a moderate resort is your budget I really do recommend CSR....w/ its size and beautiful grounds, queen beds and remodled rooms it really is like staying at a deluxe in the mod price range. Yes we weren't in a remodled room, but they should all be done I think end of 09. Indiana J stayed at CSR in one of the re-done rooms the same week as us....what do you think?

Hoping that the rain didn't deter the trip for too long!

DHS portion coming soon....

Great update! Isn't it funny what kids find fascinating sometimes??

yes it is....just like the empty cardboard box at home huh? ;)

I love the bus pics...you can just tell how hot and tired everyone is feeling!

yep Margaret was pretty tired....

My boys LOVE night swims! That's one of the things they were looking forward to the most when we went back this year!

they had fun!

Oh no..rain. :sad2: Looking forward to more! Bring on the Studios! :goodvibes

Looking forward to sharing my Day 4) at the DHS w/ the ponchos, characters, soy milk order debacle and more....

going to work on typing up some posts now and upload the pic's to photobucket....try to get a post up during the weekend.

J-

Great update! :thumbsup2 Sorry, but I sure don't miss the diaper days :laughing: Am I surprised you did some organizing? Um.... no! :lmao: Fantastic pictures, as always :goodvibes I'm glad the kids enjoyed their pool time - I know my boys LOVED the pools! :upsidedow That chicken looks yummy! :cool2:

So Hey all....

see my ticker today 5-19-09....it is now exactly 1 year and 6 months (or 18 months) till the next MouseScrapper Family Trip!!!!

:yay::banana::cool1::dance3:

Let me tell you it is beyond hard knowing we are going but can't really do any serious planning this far away...need to pace myself.

But here is one thing we really hope to do while on the trip:

CRTsign.jpg

Margaret's 4th Birthday is our 2nd day at Disney and I'm already crossing my fingers that the Disney pixiedust: Magic will be with me in August of 010 when I can call and make those ADR's

We've never eaten in the castle, yes we've dined w/ Cindy at the GF and this yr w/ her Princess friends in Norway...but the magical allure of my own Princess celebrating her birthday at the castle is just so wonderful! :cloud9:

Back to our bounce back soon....

J-

Somehow I missed this... Yay for 18 months!! :cool1: It is still quite far out for planning purposes, but at least you have something to look forward to! When do they open up the 2010 dates for booking? August? :confused3

I'd really love to go next February, but I'm not sure if that's going to happen or not - November 2010 would be my second choice!! :thumbsup2

I must be losing my mind... I read your last update but apparently I didn't comment!

By the way - That is one big chicken leg! We found we were able to buy 3 QS meals and share sometimes - the big chicken leg made that possible. ;)

I thought of you guys when we were at Epcot and wished I had asked you where your Legacy tile is - I wanted to find it, but I knew there was no way without having an idea where to look. It's so great that those are still there! :thumbsup2

Can't wait for Day 4!

Am I surprised you did some organizing? Um.... no!

can't pull one of over on a true Diser huh?

Fantastic pictures, as always :goodvibes

Thanks! have to give credit to DH too...he takes just as many as me...which is good, so he doesn't mind me snapping pics of his food and stopping for this photo op, etc.

That chicken looks yummy! :cool2:

I'm not a big fan, well actually no fan of chicken on the bone...but they said it was good!

Somehow I missed this... Yay for 18 months!! :cool1: It is still quite far out for planning purposes, but at least you have something to look forward to!

yes it is...I've done what pre-pre planning I can, now it's just the major waiting game!

November 2010 would be my second choice!! :thumbsup2

sounds like a good choice to me!

By the way - That is one big chicken leg! We found we were able to buy 3 QS meals and share sometimes - the big chicken leg made that possible. ;)

sharing is good...we didn't really share this trip though...it worked out quite well and even had enough credits to get Margaret some meals and she wasn't even on the plan!

I thought of you guys when we were at Epcot and wished I had asked you where your Legacy tile is - I wanted to find it, but I knew there was no way without having an idea where to look. It's so great that those are still there! :thumbsup2

next time...I'll give you our location code!

Can't wait for Day 4!

Coming up!:thumbsup2

Day 4) Sunday March 29th DHS

Park and Day Plan:

Arrive at DHS at or before rope drop (8:45 am)

Have breakfast at Starring Rolls Café (use snack credits)

Tour Park thru late morning

Lunch ADR at Sci-Fi…look for Carissanboys (even though I have no idea what they look like)

More touring

In park or back to CSR for break

More touring

Dinner QS at park

Stay for F!

Back to CSR for night and SLEEP!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DHS: Eating cinnamon rolls in the rain…a new tradition?

We awoke for our next FUN day at Disney between 6:30 and 7 am again, I’m sure DH got up and gave Michael his med and laid back down for a bit while I cleaned up then we woke everyone else up.

We left our room about 8:15 am to head to the bus, so we were making good time, but I was worried we’d be at the back of the pre-opening group and thinking we should have left a little earlier….oh well. Still don’t quite have that rope-drop timing thing down yet.

We got on the bus about 8:30 am and you could feel that cool damp air and the clouds were thick and dark…not scary dark, but we knew today had the biggest chance of rain. DH had borrowed a phone like mini computer thing from work…I don’t remember the real tech name and would check online every hour or so what the forecast was and what the rain % were throughout the day.

But of course on the way it started to rain and I knew we needed to get those ponchos out and on…which is a trick while on the bus and I was trying to be quick to get everyone covered before we actually arrived. It wasn’t down pouring, but as you know it can go from a drizzle to cats and dogs in a blink of an eye down here.

I had to get the kids to take off their sweatshirts and stuff them in the poncho bag and then put the ponchos on…which Michael hated, its too uncomfortable for him.

We managed the switch, but of course we had started the trip 2 ponchos short…one for the stroller and one for DH.

Once off the bus we headed over to the turnstiles to get in. But first I snapped this shot:

100_2298.jpg

We stopped right by that center info round and DH bought 2 adult ponchos $ 16.00 charged back to the room. And we entered the back of the pack for the pre-opening show. I finished organizing our things under the stroller and DH got it and Margaret covered up. It was raining enough to want the ponchos on, but not enough to make the ponchos not annoying…KWIM. And of course the risk of losing someone in the seas of plastic is more possible…so once we could get moving …the kids “ROPED-UP!” to the stroller.

As soon as we were released we headed straight to SRC which just opened and it was empty…wonder why? ;) I think only 3 other families ventured over there w/ us.

We were first to go in and everyone got some wonderfully huge yummy muffin or Danish thing and we got some juice and chocolate milk. I brought a bagel and cheerios from the room for Margaret too.

So we parked the stroller under the awning and sat at two tables under the umbrellas out of the rain.

We hadn’t been there that long when several PhotoPass Photographers were escaping the rain w/ their cameras covered up. I commented to my Mom “now this would be a good picture us eating in the rain….”

Well one heard me and came back out and said you want your picture taken?

Sure why not?

And it turned out to be a pretty good one too:

Image085.jpg

Before heading off to our 1st thing…we took a quick restroom break (in the rain) and I stopped in a gift shop an asked for an empty bag to store the wet ponchos in on the ride…unknowing it was the Planet Hollywood shop and their bags were kinda small….oh well, it would do.

Next up was TSM….so how crowded was it and would we all enjoy it as much as last year?

Thanks for reading,

J-

We hadn’t been there that long when several PhotoPass Photographers were escaping the rain w/ their cameras covered up. I commented to my Mom “now this would be a good picture us eating in the rain….”

Well one heard me and came back out and said you want your picture taken?

Sure why not?

And it turned out to be a pretty good one too:

Image085.jpg

That it did! A very nice shot!

Sometimes its the unplanned things that turn out the best!

Looking forward to seeing how everyone liked TSM!! :woohoo:

Kathy

So sorry it rained...however it was a really good picture and you were already prepared!! Can't wait to read more on day three!

That's a great shot!! :thumbsup2

I know it's cute....the quintessential Disney poncho!

I LOVE your trip report. Thanks so much for sharing it with us!!!

HI and :welcome: Flesner

thanks for saying hello and reading...It's fun to share

So sorry it rained...however it was a really good picture and you were already prepared!! Can't wait to read more on day three!

That we were....fortunately the rain wasn't too bad.

I'll post more of Day 4) soon!

J-

Cont. of Day 4) Walt’s Vision and a Narnia special….

So we arrive at TSM…but had goten separated and I had no idea where DH was w/ Margaret and the stroller….he emerged shortly….he had parked further up forgetting there was stroller parking right out front of TSM.

It was crowded, but we were able to get in and shook the rain off our ponchos and I semi folded a few and stuffed them in the bag….

100_2299.jpg

We got over to the boarding area pretty quickly and split up for the ride.

100_2301.jpg

DH & I rode again w/ Margaret between us; here she is w/ her glasses on:

100_2306.jpg

It was another wonderful spin thru the midway and just as AWESOME as we remembered from last time….just too fun! Disney has outdone themselves w/ this one!

Here is our score: DH won the Beaver

100_2302.jpg

As we walked out

100_2307.jpg

We decided to go over to the Narnia exhibit something we’ve never done before…we opted to just wait in the exhibit line and not meet Prince Caspian since that would be a longer wait. We all enjoy the Narnia books (Michael has read thru the Dawn Treader and we’ve seen both movies). So for us this was a nice treat and an escape from the still light rain coming down.

Of course though as we exited TSM and we put the ponchos back on…I felt a little wet….well duh I put mine on inside out….:sad2:

Anyways here are some pic’s from inside the exhibit:

100_2308.jpg

100_2311.jpg

100_2313.jpg

100_2316.jpg

100_2317.jpg

Now I wonder what will come of this little area, since Disney dropped doing the next Narnia installment? :confused3

As we were walking back to get the stroller we stopped to talk to the CM outside

100_2378.jpg

For Michael to do a little pin trading and then decided let’s go in and check it out. We have never walked thru here or seen the movie and it was REALLY NICE!

Any true Disney fan should take the time to spend in here and take a look at everything about Walt and the Disney beginnings. The movie was starting shortly so we didn’t get to look at everything as close as we would have liked, but it’s on my for sure list for 010!

Plus not to spread any rumors but I read in the 09 UG book this attraction could get the axe for PIXAR place expansion….I hope not!

Here are some pictures during our visit to Walt’s Vision and DREAM….thank you Mr. Disney!

100_2318.jpg

Look the yellow brick road…. (Wiz of Oz is one of my fav movies)

100_2319.jpg

Mae visiting the castle...

100_2320.jpg

Michael enjoying reading the information signs…plus Lincoln is was of his American Heroes.

100_2321-1.jpg

Margaret checking things out...

100_2322.jpg

My Dad’s favorite old time cartoon….the 3 little pigs

100_2324.jpg

My Mom was of the classic Mickey Mouse club era!

100_2328.jpg

Walt’s desk

100_2323.jpg

It’s Snow white….

100_2325.jpg

Michael & Aldine read just about every caption...

100_2327-1.jpg

Hi Walt…we love your Florida project.

100_2330.jpg

After we saw the movie…which Margaret kept pacing the aisles during but luckily was not too disruptive we got our stroller and had thought some of the rain had finally stopped and decided not to put the ponchos back on….uh that lasted all of 2 seconds. We took cover under the Brown Derby awning and we poncho-d up again, all except Mom…she was the smart one who still had her’s on.

Of course the HSM pep rally was going on and they had to pull out…looks like Aldine is going to miss this little show yet again this yr.

We got our bearings and made our way over to

100_2331.jpg

To check-in for our 11:15 ish (I can’t remember the exact time anymore) ADR…

Up NEXT: dining under the stars and Attack of the 50 ft Beach Zombie….

Thanks for reading,

J-

One Man's Dream was on our "maybe" list this year and we just didn't make it in there. It looks like something I would LOVE! I am like Michael and Aldine and I would read every caption as well!

TSM is so fun! Love the shot of Margaret in her 3D glasses.

Looking forward to hearing about Sci Fi! popcorn::

I love One Man's Dream... haven't seen it in a few years, though. If there are rumors, I hope they're just planning to re-locate it, not close it down! :sad2:

What a great way to spend some rainy-time at the Studios!

Your mom & dad must've really enjoyed the nostalgia and I know that Michael loved reading up on all the stats!

I must be the only DISer who hasn't tried TSM yet... I'm really looking forward to it!! :goodvibes

Ahh, The Sci Fi! Can't wait to hear about that!

Kathy

One Man's Dream was on our "maybe" list this year and we just didn't make it in there. It looks like something I would LOVE! I am like Michael and Aldine and I would read every caption as well!

Yes I was impressed....I'm glad we finally saw it!

TSM is so fun! Love the shot of Margaret in her 3D glasses.

she likes those glasses...maybe next yr she can sit in her own spot and get some points!

Looking forward to hearing about Sci Fi! popcorn::

coming soon...

I love One Man's Dream... haven't seen it in a few years, though. If there are rumors, I hope they're just planning to re-locate it, not close it down! :sad2:

me too hope relocate...how about over to Sounds Dangerous?

What a great way to spend some rainy-time at the Studios!

yes the morning worked out quite well

Your mom & dad must've really enjoyed the nostalgia and I know that Michael loved reading up on all the stats!

They all did!

I must be the only DISer who hasn't tried TSM yet... I'm really looking forward to it!! :goodvibes

Your time is soon!!!! Billy will LOVE it!

Ahh, The Sci Fi! Can't wait to hear about that!

on it's way...

I can't wait to read about the meal at Sci-fi. That is one that we were thinking of because of the theme!

This was my 2nd time dinning there (first in 94...so a long time ago)

I love One Man's Dream. It's so sad how many people just walk past it!

I used to be one of them....

Well I hope to find the time to write up the Sci-Fi post and the rest of our Studios day soon....but you'll have to bear w/ me....Major school event is this FRIDAY!!!!!!

going to school now for a meet and then busy all -day tomorrow and then the day....plus my Dbro engagement party is Sat....busy bee I will be these next 4 days....wish me luck and hope the Dis will be calling me :goodvibes

Scrappie

Sorry about all the rain! :headache: Hopefully it wasn't as bad as it has been down there for the last couple weeks - can you believe how wet it's been down there lately! :scared1:

We've NEVER visited One Man's Dream! :sad2: It looks very interesting - I'll be sure to visit if I go this fall with my friend. Still nothing booked...

Can't wait to hear about Sci Fi!

Have a fun weekend - sounds like a busy one! Things have been crazy busy here too - Zach only has one week of school left then he's a kindergartner! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter