We've booked again... For our honeymoon!!

megarasweet

Mouseketeer
Despite being fairly inactive recently and failing miserably at keeping up with my latest trip report (I'm freeing up a little now so I'll be updating it soon!), I was simply too excited not to share details of our next Disney adventure!

Originally DFi and were planning to get married next summer, and to honeymoon in WDW, however plans changed and we're now tying the knot this September :bride: :groom: !! Unfortunately, this means we haven't had the time to save up the funds for WDW, but on the plus side it means we'll be returning to the place where we got engaged in December 2011 - which seems quite fitting!

We've booked today and snagged the 2 nights/2 days free offer, meaning we'll be staying at HNY from Wednesday 25th September - Sunday 29th. It's not ideal being there over the weekend, but at least we'll get a few quiet-ish weekdays, and between being newly-married and being in DLP I think I'll be too happy to care if it's a little busy.

I'm over the moon since we were originally expecting to just stay in a local hotel or a seaside B&B for a few nights, however we both really wanted to go to DLP. Originally we couldn't afford it on top of all the other wedding expenses, however my family have been kind enough to help us out a little as a wedding present. It's got me even more excited about September (if that were possible!).

All things considered, I'd say a meal at Auberge or California Grill is definitely on the cards this time around!

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!! I'm sure you will have a fantastic time! :flower3:

You will have a fantastic time, DW and I spent our honeymoon at DLP nine years ago and had we had a wonderful time.

Aaah congrats, thats fab news. So excited for you. Have fun planning xx

Congratulations. What date are you getting married? X

We got a free upgrade on arrival from a standard Sequoia Lodge room to the honeymoon suite when we honeymooned there in December 2003 - fingers crossed you get something similar :) Best place to honeymoon - congrats!

We got a free upgrade on arrival from a standard Sequoia Lodge room to the honeymoon suite when we honeymooned there in December 2003 - fingers crossed you get something similar :) Best place to honeymoon - congrats!

Oh, that would be amazing! I won't get my hopes up, although I must ask, when did you mention it was your honeymoon? DFi mentioned it on the phone when he made the booking, but did you also send the week-in-advance email? Thanks!

I told them nothing - it was all done through a travel agent, back in the days before I made direct contact with companies! I've never emailed DLP about any occasion, even though we've been there for several birthdays. Maybe I should have done, but what kind of room we've had has never bothered us. The honeymoon suite was very big with a great view, but we slept and showered there, and spent all our waking hours in the parks :)

We got some goodies in our room too - special glass, pen, chocs etc.. I guess the travel agent must have told them.

Wow congratulations! I remember your engagement trip report as that's when we last went to DLP.

Enjoy all the planning :love:

Eee this is amazing news! I can't believe your engagement was Dec 11 - can remember so well reading your TR.
Congrats on your wedding and honeymoon plans - you need to keep us informed :) I've been a bit lax too about keeping up with the boards! Stupid life getting in the way of DLP obsession.

Congratulations, I remember your engagement too, exciting planning a wedding and a dlp trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter