• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

We've arrived!

LuvTony0508

Mouseketeer
Hi all. Well, it's fabulous, fabulous, fabulous!!! A much needed, and deserved vacation for the family! From the airport to check-in everything is amazing, just as we all know it usually is! We arrived in Orlando at 9:40a.m., our room was ready immediately. We are in the arusha section room 5383, there are a few zebras lounging around outside, it's cool. The kids are swimming, and here I sit on the internet, LOL. Just wanted to keep you posted.

:love:
:banana:
:surfweb:

I'm creating a database of Jambo House rooms. Could you verify for me that your room is a dedicated studio with a closet? Thanks!

Have a great trip!

Hi all. Well, it's fabulous, fabulous, fabulous!!! A much needed, and deserved vacation for the family! From the airport to check-in everything is amazing, just as we all know it usually is! We arrived in Orlando at 9:40a.m., our room was ready immediately. We are in the arusha section room 5383, there are a few zebras lounging around outside, it's cool. The kids are swimming, and here I sit on the internet, LOL. Just wanted to keep you posted.

:love:
:banana:
:surfweb:

The big question is, did you request Aruscha section before hand?

yeah for you and boo for me, LOL

Have a super fab time....I will be there in September but until then I shall live thru you!!!:goodvibes

Okay, yes, we have a closet. No, I did not request anything until I walked up to the CM (his name is Carlos, he's awesome). I told him that I was a DISer and that it was recommended that I request arusha or at least something nowhere near the construction. He told me not to worry, he'd take care of me. He went over, chatted with a mgr. type looking woman, came back with my room assignment. Additionally, I had to have 2 separate reservations. When I booked back when I bought DVC, they didn't have one room for my entire stay, I didn't ask, I just told them I'd take whatever they had. I was going to have to move after 5 days. One room was lock-off, other a dedicated. I mentioned it to Carlos and told him how DVC put me on a waitlist and it didn't come through. I wasn't even trying to get it changed, I was just happy to be here! I'd of slept in a closet, LOL. Again, he spent some time with that mgr. lady and came back and told me they adjusted my reservation and I would not be moving, I would have an arusha room and my room was ready upon my arrival. I arrived at 10 a.m. I am happier than a... well you know!!! I just spent some time watching the zebras outside on the savanna, as well as watching this really funky looking bird tend to it's egg. I have to tell you, aside from it being 5 hours and my luggage still isn't here, I'm having a MAGICAL VACATION. I read the post by HollyH on the board, right above mine, and I can't believe it's the same place!!! People have been friendly (a man apologized to me for not holding a door quickly enough, weird I wasn't really paying attention, LOL), our baggage just showed up this minute, YEAY. I guess I'm at a place where I've had such disappointment in my life within the last month, that I've decided I have ZERO expectations. If I don't expect stuff I can't be disappointed. I am lucky enough to have just completed my Master's program at school, have 2 healthy beautiful daughters, a loving husband, an amazing family that is with me in Disney, that I just can't go wrong! THE SECRET...what you send out to the universe, you get back. Negativity begets negativity. I have to go unpack my luggage! I'll keep you posted. Pixie dust for everyone out there! Having a really awesome day!

What a great attitude! I think you are in a great location. It seems like a lot of the animals like to spend time out towards the back of the savanna so you should have some great viewing opportunities. It's a long walk from there to the pool and restaurant but I've never minded it because the animal viewing in that area is worth it. If you walk the few steps down to the end of your hallway and turn left there is an exit door (don't worry, it's not alarmed) that takes you to a fire exit. You can step outside and get a look at the back of the Sunset Savanna from there. You might see "little Kidani" the baby zebra who lives on the Sunset Savanna.

I'm going to check out that exit! It is a long walk to the pool, I was thinking, there has to be a faster way, there isn't, LOL. Yesterday was amazing. After I unpacked, everyone was napping, I showered and got ready for Magic Kingdom. It was magic hours. We arrived at about 8p.m., great weather (it rained for a couple of hours while everyone was sleeping and I was preparing for our evening, but it stopped right before we left). It took five minutes for a bus to MK to come, I was Just about to start timing it due to HollyH's post, and the bus came. LOL We arrived just about 15 minutes later at MK. Guest services was awesome in renewing my annual pass, activating the two free ones from DVC, and helping purchase one for my youngest. We went in, first ride BIG THUNDER RAILROAD for the kiddies! It was great. We ate at Pecos Bills, watched the Spectromagic Parade, met our family rode some rides and left about 1:15a.m. Sleep came easy!!! I just woke up about 20 minutes ago, we'll hit the pool before 10 (set up chairs, claim a table), and then veg by the pool until dinner at Teppanado (sic) around 5ish. After that... who knows, no plans, no expectations. SO FAR, SO FABULOUS!!!!

Okay! I checked out that exit and saw the little zebra hanging out a little in the distance, very cool! Thanks for the tip.

Have a great trip! I enjoy reading all the stories, just trying to picture being there

I am sitting here wishing I was there! So jealous, but hope you and your family have a very wonderful vacation! It sounds like the perfect way to do things. We never hang out all day and go to the parks at night. But I am thinking that is the way to do things! :thumbsup2

I'm telling you, what a great day! We spent some of the morning at the pool, from about ten to twelve, then they cleared the pool for storms. We went back to the room, relaxed, went to the arcade, then we went to epcot for dinner at Teppan Edo, it was friggen fantastic, then we simple went back to the room to hit the pool. I wasn't feeling so great so I went to hot tub while the kids swam until the pool closed. Now I'm eating a piece of cheesecake from the most awesome Mara, and getting ready to hit the bed. If you have the luxury of spending many days here, and have done the parks "to death" it's nice to just chill and enjoy the days/nights. It wasn't really hot today, so the water in the pool was a bit too cool for me, but my kids loved it. The hot tub was well HOT!! Warmed me to the bones. Nighty, night, LOL.

Love the relax at the resort plans. That's the way to enjoy WDW with a few Theme Park days sprinkled in! We pay so much for our DVC, you my as well take advantage of the resorts.:thumbsup2

Dennis-

Sounds like your having a great time!! We will be there in May and can't wait. Send us some pictures:)

You are so lucky to have the person at check-in that you had! We requested the Arusha Savannah last Feb. and didn't get it. I still enjoyed our room and view but our person was so bad that she almost gave us a standard room in the regular hotel section!:scared1:

You have a terrific attitude! Glad you're having such a nice vacation-I'm enjoying your posts!

Good to hear that you are having a great time! Congrats on that Master's too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter