Wet & Wild will close December 31st, 2016

Wow -- It was the first water park I ever went to back in 1977 and while not as beautifully landscaped as Aquatica and the Disney waterparks, was always a great day with an incredible array of fun options. It had a great run (almost 40 years). This announcement is making me feel old.

Went several times from like 1993 through like 2004 but haven't been since.I loved all my visits and still think the knee ski attraction is one of my favorite attractions at any waterpark.I don't know of another regular waterpark where you can knee ski around a lake on a tow rope.I think this attraction is now an upcharge and only open seasonal but next year I'm making a point to get to this park and do the knee ski again before it closes.

Went several times from like 1993 through like 2004 but haven't been since.I loved all my visits and still think the knee ski attraction is one of my favorite attractions at any waterpark.I don't know of another regular waterpark where you can knee ski around a lake on a tow rope.I think this attraction is now an upcharge and only open seasonal but next year I'm making a point to get to this park and do the knee ski again before it closes.

You are correct in that the Wake Zone area was an upcharge ($12 per day) and open seasonally. Unfortunately, it is no longer open. :/

Too bad,guess I won't be taking another lap around the lake with that tow rope,sure was fun though,and included with park admission.Seems like there's more options and parks are fancier and more expensive today but there's little things like this that get taken away over time.I'm still going one more time next year,I did the same when Watermania closed on 192,but my first visit there was also my last but I had to go try it once before it closed.This park was definitely a notch below even Wet n Wild as it was really small but even so this was where I rode my first flowrider,that was a really unique attraction back then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter