Wet swimsuits after Disney Water Parks?

We just changed at the water park and collapsed back at our resort completely exhausted after being beaten up in Typhoon Lagoon’s wave pool.

One of the reasons we go to the WP's is the constant "play" particularly in the splash zones with very young kids. There is very little riding, sitting and standing in line and that makes the WP's more physically exhausting. Even my very physically fit athletic daughters were wiped out by the end of the day. The wave pool takes a lot of energy to enjoy. We always needed a recharge.

No great answers. Either put them in a ziplock bag and into a backpack or go back to your resort and drop them off.

We actually just walked around in our bathing suits afterwards. It was august and honestly they were dry before we got on the bus to leave TL. We went over to DS and did a bunch of shopping.

For reference here's what we were wearing, although if its a cooler month, maybe you won't dry off as fast.

PhotoPass_Visiting_WDWRESORTSANDMORE_412908187671.jpg

I have not been to the Disney water parks, but that''s how we feel about any other water park. We barely have enough energy to shower and eat dinner. The sun and water really wipes up out!

I think this is why we haven't been to a Disney water park since DS19 was 3. Water parks just wipe us out. When we do water parks at home that's all we do for the day. Then we come home, change and order out dinner because I'm too tired to even cook or go out to eat.

So if we are WDW Resort Guests, we can get free towels at TL and then take those towels with us back to the GF?

We went to Blizzard Beach today. It was in the lower 80s partly cloudy mid day. While we were waiting to dry off, we got drinks at the bar. It only took 30 min until our swimsuits were dry.

So if we are WDW Resort Guests, we can get free towels at TL and then take those towels with us back to the GF?

By "free" they mean WDW resort guests don't have to rent them anymore. At TL and BB, they will give you plain, white towels to use during your day at the water park and then you put them in the used towel bin when you are finished. It's not like they are handing out free souvenir beach towels.

There are lockers near the entrance to each park, you could put your wet stuff in a plastic bag in a backpack, store it in a locker and enjoy a park.

I agree with the others, after a day of fun in the sun we're usually wiped out. My plan for our next trip is to still change at the WP into regular clothing before heading back to the resort though, I hate wearing wet suits unless I'm actually at a pool. I always travel with a back pack at WDW anyway so it's just a matter making sure to toss in a few Ziplock bags.

We did just that in September from TL. We were taking an Uber back to the BC so asked the CMs if we could take two towels with us since we were still a bit damp and wanted to put them down on the seats, and they were more than happy to let us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter