Wet, Sweat, Fun & Sun But You Have HOW Many Snack Credits Left?

We were getting ready to move on and the Matsuriza Taiko Drummers started their show. Totally worth staying to watch!!

A few more pictures from the Japan area.

The globe they use in the Illuminations show.

Morocco was next on our tour of the different countries.

The Kidcot was located inside one of the shops.

Just a small taste of a couple of items available for purchase.

Another look across the lake.

The kids look like they're having lots of fun at the kidcot stations and wow I'm now craving goodies from Karamell Kuche :goodvibes

The kids look like they're having lots of fun at the kidcot stations and wow I'm now craving goodies from Karamell Kuche :goodvibes

I think they really did enjoy doing them!!

I brought some of those goodies home from Karamell Kuche....but more on that later in the report.

You are so right about the bakeries. You def can't be on a diet when you go ANYWHERE in DW. WAY too many goodies LOL. Nice update. Brings back so many memories!! Oh and I was going to say before love the pics of the sombreros. I think I have pics of the girls with those from all 4 trips LOL

You are so right about the bakeries. You def can't be on a diet when you go ANYWHERE in DW. WAY too many goodies LOL. Nice update. Brings back so many memories!! Oh and I was going to say before love the pics of the sombreros. I think I have pics of the girls with those from all 4 trips LOL

I actually didn't gain any weight on the trip....which was shocking with all the food & goodies we ate....I guess the walking counter-balanced things. I've gained weight since I've been restricted on movement and I'm beyond frustrated.....I worked so hard to drop weight and now I've gained 13 lbs back and all my clothes are tight and uncomfortable (I got rid of all the "big" clothes). Now having surgery on the 25th and then being restricted for another 6 weeks after that....I'm afraid of ballooning even more! :o

I love all your photos from the Japan and Morroco areas! Morroco is quite possibly my favorite Pavilions, maybe because I spent a lot of time in Kazakhstan with many of the same architecture and art styles. Makes me a little homesick. :) And I love Morrocan pop music!

ANyway, the drummers are a cool thing to stop for for a bit. Especially if you can find a place to sit and rest a little. Keep up the good work! Love it all!

I love all your photos from the Japan and Morroco areas! Morroco is quite possibly my favorite Pavilions, maybe because I spent a lot of time in Kazakhstan with many of the same architecture and art styles. Makes me a little homesick. :) And I love Morrocan pop music!

ANyway, the drummers are a cool thing to stop for for a bit. Especially if you can find a place to sit and rest a little. Keep up the good work! Love it all!

The Moroccan Government is the only country that sent over people to help with the design & construction from what I understand, so I imagine the attention to details is even more so then the other countries (which are fantastic)!!

We ended up standing for the drummers, but it was worth it! Shyann was drumming along.

We made it to our last country for the day.....France. Les Chefs de France restaurant is where we would be dining for dinner later on.

We went and watched the Impressions of France film. I love these films and wish all the countries offered them. It's nice to see what they look like, what kind of things they are famous for, the food, etc. For people like us that will never travel to these places, it's nice to get a small taste of them.

The kids did the Kidcot, leaving just 2 countries to finish them up (U.K. and Canada).

I have no idea what Mike & I were doing, but Derek got these pictures of the kids.......lol

Some pictures from around France.

We finally found a Photopass photographer in one of the countries and did pictures in front of the fountain in France. These are a couple of those pics.

We noticed that Aurora had come out, so we got in line to see her. These are the Photopass pictures.

Michayla just chilling.......

We checked in at Les Chefs de France at 7:30pm and had just a short 10 minute wait until we were called to go inside. These are some random pictures of the restaurant.

The Menu.

Our waiter took a family picture for us. Unfortunately, Michayla was sitting on the end of the table (close to me) and he couldn't get her in the picture too.

Here are the appetizers that we got for the people that ordered the Prix Fixe Meal. French Onion Soup, Salad & Lobster Bisque.

The entrees of Bouillebaise de Fruits de mer, Short Ribs, Macaroni & Cheese, Braised Salmon on Lentils & Kid Cheeseburger.

Another restaurant picture.

Our meal dragged on what seemed like forever! The plan was to have the meal & then run outside & catch Illuminations, but we didn't even have our entrees eaten before the show started outside. We could see & hear occasional fireworks as we continued to eat. (so if you remember, we were seated at 7:40 and it's now after 9.......) Here is the Dessert Menu.

Crème Brulee

Profiteroles

Strawberry Crème Cake

Berries

When it was all said & done from sit down to walk out was just over 2 hours. The meal was amazing but it just seemed slow paced and a lot of waiting.

We made our way back through Epcot to get a couple pictures of Spaceship Earth & the fountains at night.

We also were able to get another Photopass picture done before leaving for the day.

I wasn't happy that these were done.....Michayla gets lost....what if this happened to be a good picture of all of us?? They don't offer it with out their movie advertisement on it.....ugh!

We went out to catch the bus and back to Pop Century to call it a day.

Great photopass pics! I love the ones with Aurora. Very cute.

I can't believe your meal took that long :crazy2: You would think sitting down at 7:40 would be timed perfectly with the start of Illuminations at 9. Bummer! Your meal does look delicious, though!

I am irritated for you with the Inside Out cover up- looks like a great picture of all of you except you can't even see Michayla. As the oldest of 5 kids, it's not every day you get all 7 family members smiling and looking in the same direction for a photo.. lol.

Nice update and sorry to hear you are having surgery. I know what you mean. I have gotten SO out of shape and overweight, more than I have ever weighed, but for me I think it is a combo of stress, hormones/menopause, and just not being able to exercise. I keep hoping to get back on the wagon and then every day something comes up but now that Labor Day is over and things are hopefully getting back to a normal pace I can start back in. With the girls and all their sports though and running around like crazy it makes it hard to eat good. We end up getting fast food way too much and I try to eat the healthiest I can at those things but I am also trying to really force the issue with the girls of eating at home. But I am sure you will get back on the wagon quick. I had my hysterectomy with the full incision like a C section and I was already driving by the end of the first week and doing quite a bit. My 6 weeks isn't till this Friday but I have already mowed the lawn and done quite a bit. Not sure what you are having done but I think most of that is just a precaution. I wouldn't go hog wild and I have still been cautious but def not laying around doing nothing either.

Loved the pics of France and we have eaten there twice I think. I didn't really like our food but it has been a long time ago and I am sure they have good stuff. We loved the Mexican place and we really love Biergarten. Not even the food so much but it is so fun. I personally loved Morrocco although I know it is not everyone's choice and we love Canada. Have never done the Chinese or Japanese places nor Italy. I think when we were there they didn't even have a restaurant or if they did it was not that great. That is a bummer they kept you so long but glad your food was good.

Great photopass pics! I love the ones with Aurora. Very cute.

I can't believe your meal took that long :crazy2: You would think sitting down at 7:40 would be timed perfectly with the start of Illuminations at 9. Bummer! Your meal does look delicious, though!

I am irritated for you with the Inside Out cover up- looks like a great picture of all of you except you can't even see Michayla. As the oldest of 5 kids, it's not every day you get all 7 family members smiling and looking in the same direction for a photo.. lol.

Thank you!!

I was surprised it took that long it was well over the 2 hour mark....which if we were looking for a way to unwind at the end of the day, this would have been perfect....but with kids (3 of them special needs & 2 with A.D.D.) the pace of the meal was dragging for them. It wasn't full in the restaurant and by 8:30 it had emptied out quite a bit, so not sure why the food took so long. I was afraid that we wouldn't get to see Illuminations, we'd have one more chance at it....but who knew what the weather would be doing or how the family was holding up that late into the trip.

I wouldn't mind the "magic shots" over the top of the pictures if they would include the original one too. That wasn't the only one that Inside Out ruined for us at Epcot.

Nice update and sorry to hear you are having surgery. I know what you mean. I have gotten SO out of shape and overweight, more than I have ever weighed, but for me I think it is a combo of stress, hormones/menopause, and just not being able to exercise. I keep hoping to get back on the wagon and then every day something comes up but now that Labor Day is over and things are hopefully getting back to a normal pace I can start back in. With the girls and all their sports though and running around like crazy it makes it hard to eat good. We end up getting fast food way too much and I try to eat the healthiest I can at those things but I am also trying to really force the issue with the girls of eating at home. But I am sure you will get back on the wagon quick. I had my hysterectomy with the full incision like a C section and I was already driving by the end of the first week and doing quite a bit. My 6 weeks isn't till this Friday but I have already mowed the lawn and done quite a bit. Not sure what you are having done but I think most of that is just a precaution. I wouldn't go hog wild and I have still been cautious but def not laying around doing nothing either.

Loved the pics of France and we have eaten there twice I think. I didn't really like our food but it has been a long time ago and I am sure they have good stuff. We loved the Mexican place and we really love Biergarten. Not even the food so much but it is so fun. I personally loved Morrocco although I know it is not everyone's choice and we love Canada. Have never done the Chinese or Japanese places nor Italy. I think when we were there they didn't even have a restaurant or if they did it was not that great. That is a bummer they kept you so long but glad your food was good.

I'll message you about my surgery.

The food was great at Chef's but just a very long meal. We haven't eaten at any of the Mexican restaurants (well later on we do eat at the quick service) or Beirgarten....we did eat at Germany's quick service and you get a lot of food! Chinese & Japanese food isn't really on my "must do" lists for eating and I do love Italian food but have never eaten at ANY Disney Italian restaurant (Disneyland or WDW).....not sure why, just want to eat other places....no reason other than that.

August 11 ~~ Disney's Hollywood Studios Day

Our day started early with Shyann throwing up. We figured she got overheated & overtired....never a good combo. It's not a Disney trip if I don't have at least one person throwing up........ We put her in a bath & she seemed to feel better. We got everyone up and dressed and out to the bus. We got to DHS around 8:30, not realizing they weren't open yet. Shy got off the bus and threw up......oh yikes, I hope that's it!!

We stopped to do a couple Photopass pictures.

Mike took some pictures as we got in line to wait for opening. We decided to rent a stroller, so Shy could take it easier today. After she throws up, she seems to feel fine.....but we want to help her rest and finger's crossed it will work.

About 8:55am, they started letting us in. Mike got more pictures, as Derek & I took the twins over to get the rental stroller. **The strollers have sun shades that DO NOT flip up. So if you have a tall child, the top will be hanging on their heads while in the strollers.** I can tell you that 8 year olds are way too big for these.

After getting the stroller & Shy as comfortable as we could get her, we headed to Rock-n-Roller Coaster for our first FP+ selection. Now with that said, NO we didn't all ride this. Mike had no interest in riding this, so he stayed out with the twins & Jasmin as Derek & I took Addy & Tony.

Mike took these pictures of the area while we were in line & riding.

LOVE LOVE LOVED IT!!!! What a thrilling blast.....that lasts like just under a minute! I believe there are two inversions & 3 corkscrews. The whole ride is in the dark with Aerosmith blasting, you know you're doing all sorts of twists & turns but it wasn't until the last corkscrew that I actually knew it was the corkscrew. (which I had never done before). So glad I got the chance to ride this.....we didn't in 2013. Here is the Photopass picture. (love Tony's face.....ha ha!!)

After rocking out on the ride, we decided to go to the Voyage of the Little Mermaid show next. Mike took these as we wandered in that direction.

We stopped to do another Photopass picture. (you can see how the stroller was too small for Shy and that she didn't look very happy)

We went in waiting area for the Voyage of the Little Mermaid show. Shy had to get out of the stroller, and so she wanted to sit on the floor....Mike got down with her. These pictures are from the waiting area.

While we were waiting, Shyann threw up again. (Protein Spill) Derek had seen the show before & offered to take Shy back out to her stroller and find some shade & water for her. Now we're getting worried about her........

It was time to go inside the theater for the show. It was a neat show but the story is so butchered to get it in the time frame that if you didn't know the story from the movie, you might be a tad lost. I also wasn't impressed with the singing of the Ariel (I'm a singer) and she was always just flat on the notes and it was driving me bonkers!! There were some neat effects but overall, I'm not sure I'd go back to see this show. These are the pictures Mike & I were able to get from the back row (and dark theater).

We had heard rumors of Walt Disney's One Man's Dream closing but luckily we were able to go once again. We couldn't take the stroller in but they had a courtesy wheelchair they let us use for Shyann. (who was still trying to hang in there). These are the start of the pictures.

Loved the update. This is probably my least favorite park but have to do RR and TOT. I do love the great movie ride also and a few other things but def not my fave and I could probably do the whole place in half a day if no waits. No TOT or was that later? You probably already know this but that one is cool cuz the elevator actually comes out and moves into the shaft. I love it. I prefer the drop sequence though in CA because I think it is longer. That is such a bummer that shy was sick. Must have made it hard to do much as you were probably afraid of her getting sick again. I am amazed Voyage of the Little Mermaid is still there. We did it on our very first trip when the girls were tiny. It was ok and the girls liked it but I don't think we have done it since. I agree too that it's a bummer that one man's dream is leaving and esp the area in the back with the characters. Got some great unusual ones there. I am so bummed too that we won't get to see Baymax at either park. We love him and would love to see him. I am glad we got Olaf at least and esp Oswald!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter