• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wet Play in Theme Parks

Ally&Alec's Mom

Earning My Ears
We are taking my DS (4) :earsboy: and DD (8) :earsgirl: to MK and DS in October and I know especially in MK there are places for them to "get" wet aka...pop jet fountains, etc. Do you all change your kids into their swimsuits then change them back into their clothes after or do they get wet in their clothes then you change them into another outfit? Just wondering how many changes I should bring into park, and if I should pack towels to dry them, or just let the Florida Sun take care of them! :sunny: Last time we went DD was 2 1/2 and I remember her playing in the little mermaid area in a dress but I cant remember if I changed her after or if she just dried out! Are the bathrooms far from "wet" play areas? Thanks for your ideas! :)

We brought bathing suits and towels for the areas in Epcot. The kids played in water jets near Mission Space. There are bathrooms nearby to change. I think this is a great break from just going on rides/shows. The kids can just play and be kids.

I actually just let my kids wear their bathing suits and sandles and just brought a towel. They thought they were cool walking around the park wet. Kept them cooled off!!:sunny:

Instead of packing a large towel you can easily stow a chamois (sp?) in a ziploc...the kids can dry off and no big wet towel to lug around.

:umbrella: My 2 1/2 yr old son loves to get wet!! Last time we went I just took a bag(like walmart or target) and a couple of extra outfits and let him just get wet and change after. Then I put the wet things in the plastic sack. My older girls(12 and 8) just like to walk around wet. They say it cools them off!

I let my kids wear their bathing suits into the park and then pack a dry set of clothes if they want to change. Usually, my daughter wants to put on a dry outfit and my son doesn't. They loooooove to play in the water and they have a lot of fun.

I just bring another set of clothes and change them. They LOVE the water play areas at MK, Epcot and DTD!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter