Wet 'n' wild.........

USA_mad02

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone!

I will soon be going to florida and plan on visiting WET 'N' WILD. The problem is I can't swim and wondered what rides/slides there was that didn't come into a pool of water? ( if u know what I mean!) Thanks!

Hi :wave:

~~Welcome to the Dis!~~

I have only been to Wet'N Wild once but did not really swim as it was really cold. DH and DD did a couple of the flumes and bounced around on some of the big rubber rings and I know the ones they did came down into a pool. Not being too much of a swimmer or into that sort of thing I didnt take too much notice, but I am sure that some of our regular posters will be able to help.

Are you going to visit any of Disney's Water Parks too? Typhoon Lagoon is superb and we had a wonderful day here - lots of fun :)

Hi US Mad02 :)
All the rides are ok for no swimmers
And at the large wave pool you can make use of the free life jackets
Have fun :)

HI USA-02 and welcome to the boards

Don't worry too much if you can't swim as most of the rides are ok for non-swimmers. The one exception is the blue twirly one (maelstrom or something like that:confused: ). This is a slide that shoots you almost verically down a 50ft drop and into a banked circle where you spin around for a couple of times before dropping (usually head first) into a six foot plunge pool. It can be quite disorientating when you come up as the exit is on only one side and you have to swim against the force of rushing water. I definitely would not recommend this one for non-swimmers!
Two that are terrifying but OK for non swimmers are called the 'Bomb bay' and Der Stuka which are both side by side and involve freefall!
You have to be certifiable to go on these - needless to say I did both;) .

Kieran

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter