Westjet world elite Mastercard?

TraceyDisney2008

Mouseketeer
Anyone have any reviews on this credit card, I normally wouldn't use a credit card for a fee, but the perks might make it worth it. Free baggae, $99 companion fee and 250 welcome dollars. Whats the catch? I don't carry balances on my cards so the interest rate doesn't bother me. Pros cons?

I have one as well and am really pleased with it. Didn't take advantage of my 99 dollar flight last year, but will get to this year.

Of all the credit card reviews I've seen this one has been the number one card rated

It's a great card. They have also announced new companion flights. $299 to Mexico, the Caribbean and Hawaii. $399 for Europe (anywhere WJ flies). The free checked bag is a great bonus.

How soon do you get to utilize the $99 companion fare and the $250 WJ dollars? Can you use both on the same booking? i.e., Use the $250 towards my flight and the $99 companion for my hubby? Then just need to pay for DD?

Can you cancel any time without penalty once you have used the promotions?

How soon do you get to utilize the $99 companion fare and the $250 WJ dollars? Can you use both on the same booking? i.e., Use the $250 towards my flight and the $99 companion for my hubby? Then just need to pay for DD?

Can you cancel any time without penalty once you have used the promotions?
yes yes and yes
so the 250 covers the 99 companion fare and they do have a 99 yearly fee that you have to pay too. BUt still good deal.

I noticed in the fine print for ads for the card that the $99 companion voucher takes about 4-6 weeks to show up in one;s WestJet rewards account.

Questions:

I understand you get one companion ticket a year. Does the flight have to be reserved within the year or flown within the year ?

e.g. if the voucher is received 1 June 2016 does one have to actually fly by 31 May 2017 to use it, or could one make a reservation on 15 May 2017 for say Sept 2017 ?

Thanks.

SW

I noticed in the fine print for ads for the card that the $99 companion voucher takes about 4-6 weeks to show up in one;s WestJet rewards account.

Questions:

I understand you get one companion ticket a year. Does the flight have to be reserved within the year or flown within the year ?

e.g. if the voucher is received 1 June 2016 does one have to actually fly by 31 May 2017 to use it, or could one make a reservation on 15 May 2017 for say Sept 2017 ?

Thanks.

SW
It is my understanding that you just have to book the flight while the voucher is still valid - in the example above, your travel dates can be after May 31/2017. I just found this on the West Jet web site that supports this claim:
https://www.westjet.com/guest/en/help/creditcard-voucher-details.shtml

I used this card recently and it helped us save a lot on our flight. There was no problem using the $250 bonus plus the companion voucher. For the $99, I think the benefits were worth it.

1) Trip insurance is included if you pay using the Master Card.
2) 1st checked bag free (for each person, up to 8 ppl).
3) Using the bonus dollars and the companion voucher our flight from YYZ to MCO was approx. $500 for 2 people.

We didn't have the income to qualify for the Elite card (I'm self employed from home, so my income tends to look lower with the household write-offs) but we do have the Westjet Mastercard that earns me Westjet dollars. I think I've had it a year now? And I'm up to $100 in Westjet dollars already. And that is with not using it huge amounts.

I plan to pay for flights when my girls and I go in 2018, so if it takes me a while to even get one of the three flights covered, I'm cool with that!

I have only used the card once in the 3 years I have had it so it might be hitting the "not so cost worthy" point for me. I have almost $500 WJ and I did use it when I first got the free 250 and companion flight. What I don't like about it is that you can't use WJ$ to pay taxes or seat selection. Going from Ontario to BC would have cost something like $60 each way for seat selection so we just took our chances and selected seats at the 24 hour check in mark instead. The free check bag is nice though.

I love this card. Used my $99 last year on a WDW trip and I'm doing the same this year. The Westjet dollars have got me a flight to Hawaii. So worth the annual fee. The free bag also applies to your companions booked at the same time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter