Westjet at MCO

Anjiebaby

Mouseketeer
Does Westjet have their own check-in desks at MCO? For anyone who has flown them was it a good experience at MCO?
I made a lot of mistakes booking flights for our March trip last year. I missed the fact that Jetsgo flew into Sanford and AC out of MCO. I hated flying AC out of MCO as they do not have dedicated check-in desks and we had to be checked in by the TED air guys and they definitely took 4 of their customers for every one of the AC customers. We waited one hour to check in and thought we were going to miss the flight.
Which is the best Car Rental company at MCO, as in most convenient, closest to gates etc?
Thanks for everybody's help. I swore last time I would not make any decisions without checking with fellow disers. ;)

When I flew Westjet from Orlando in November 2004, they had their own check-in area staffed by Westjet people. I didn't find them quite as friendly as the West-jetters in the airports here in Canada though, but it may have been because service was still fairly new to MCO at that time, and they were still learning the ropes.

I just flew them in December. They have their own check-in counter but I'm pretty sure they're staffed by generic airport workers...ie, they're not West Jet employees.

Flying out of MCO was no problem at all. We had no problems whatsoever. There was a small line that we had to wait in but it probably took about 10 minutes to get to the counter (two ticket agents were working at the time).

All of the car rental places are in the same area so the only thing you should be looking at are costs rather than location. We usually rent from National when we're in Orlando...book early, check often...that's how you get the good rates.

My only complaint about West Jet was that both times that we checked in (Toronto and MCO), we were really early (I mean, we were between 2-3 hours early) and yet they still seated us at the back of the plane. I was kind of annoyed by this. Others who seemed to arrive about 30 minutes before we boarded were at the front of the plane. What's with that?

The two cheapest car rentals out of MCO always seem to be alamo.com or lmcarrental.net

We use lmcarrental most of the time but lately their rates have been way up there with the rest.

I am not a Westjet fan. We flew out of Pearson last February and the whole experience was atrocious. You can read my departure report here if you'd like:getting there
The return flight from MCO on the other hand, was uneventful. I agree with pxlbarrel though that the employees are generic MCO staff. In my case that was a good thing

We flew Westjet from Ottawa to Orlando (with a plane change in Toronto) in early December.

They do have a separate check-in counter in MCO. It's at the far end of the terminal.

On the legs from Ottawa to/from Toronto the planes had the TV's --- on the Toronto to/from Orlando they didn't. So on the long flight when you really would like the TV for the distraction it wasn't available. A bit annoying.

The biggest issues we had were on the way back. The plane from Orlando to Toronto was about an hour late arriving (crew was late arriving). No big deal --- but then it took over an hour before the bags from our flight made it to the luggage pickup in the customs area. Since we still had to clear Canada Customs before making it onto our connecting flight to Ottawa we weren't too pleased. As it turned out the flight to Ottawa was then delayed about an hour (plane was late arriving) so we made it but not without some extra stress.

Would we fly Westjet to Orlando again? Probably.

Somefunmum said:
I am not a Westjet fan. We flew out of Pearson last February and the whole experience was atrocious. You can read my departure report here if you'd like:getting there
The return flight from MCO on the other hand, was uneventful. I agree with pxlbarrel though that the employees are generic MCO staff. In my case that was a good thing

haha...I just read your departure report. It was eerily similar to our flight down to MCO last month. The big snow storm hit on a Thursday and we thought we might get delayed or cancelled on the Friday. We woke up and the sky was clear....and our plane was in Toronto at the gate....but our flight crew was stuck in Montreal...where the snow storm was now raging. We were first told we were delayed by 30 minutes (I saw that on the internet before we left) but we were actually delayed by 3 hours. We cheered the flight crew as they arrived.

Sound familiar? :rotfl:

and we didn't have tv's on the plane either (both ways). Oh well...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter