Westgate Palace...anyone?

codimouse

Over 60 Trips to Disney from San Antonio, Tx!
I found a good rate for a 2bd/2ba at Westgate Palace.
Web site state is is 13 miles from Disney.
After looking at a few condos, etc I have come to learn (mostly by asking here) that most do no tpost accuracies in distance.

Has anyone stayed at Westgate Palace recently? How long was your trip to WDW? Were the accommodations okay?

Any help would be appreciated!!

i know this resort is very close to wet and wild so i think the drive to WDW may be around the 20 minute mark depending on traffic - just be careful westgate is a time share and they are relentless

i was just reading a few threads here on the DIS.
i dont think i want to be harassed during vacation so
i will just keep looking.

I just got back from staying there but we were on a non Disney vacation this year (Daytona 500). From our room we could see Wet n Wild within walking distance and Universal was less than a mile away. The accomodations are fantastic :thumbsup2 2 bedrooms, bathrooms and a Kitchen/Living area. Very clean. We did not have to attend a presentation. Look for this requirement when booking, it will say clearly wether or not you have to attend a presentation when you book. I hope to use them for our next disney trip.

Also GREAT shopping is only a few miles away as well!

Good Luck in your decision! :goodvibes

Search around for the standard warnings about Westgate sales pitches. Avoid those and the actual properties can be OK, not at all outstanding, to stay at. If you rent the time with no tour required then you have NO obligation to attend any sales meeting (not that they won't try) so avoid that & enjoy your trip. The Palace is an old, partially finished Hotel that sat mostly empty for years now remodeled into so-so timeshare units. Not bad to rent as a cheap home base if you can get a good price.

I visited the WORLD in october 09' we satyed at Wesgate Lake Resorts right next to Wet and Wild and very close to universal. it was SUPER!

the key is to book your room reservation through travelocity, expedi. or hotels.com. the reason is when you check in the agent knows you are there for vacation and room only rental. you will not even be asked about timeshare or seminars etc. we where not hassled the entire trip. very nice resort. the drive to Disne was between 10-20 minutes depending on what park you are attending.

from my understanding when you book through wesgate website you are automatically cued to recieve the timeshare info etc.... and then they ask you at check in which tour you would like etc...

--hope that helps

Just checked in yesterday for our 3rd stay at WG Villas and we love it. 2bdr room with Mickey shaped pool 20 ft from back door. No pressure sales pitch ever. I trade my Orange Bch condo through II every year. 1st yr we did the presentation at my decision for Univ tickets. Told the salesman up front that I WOULD not be buying, only wanted free breakfast and tickets. In & Out in 1 hr. Only issue I hated was $50.00 per week charge for SPOTTY wi-fi. As soon as we got in the room yesterday I sat up laptop and guess what? Free wi-fi that is fast. The villas we get every yr are always in excellent condition.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter