Western Way Open and very nice

ScottNBecky

DIS Veteran
OK let me say that we travel to WDW from Illinois so we hit the turnpike and used to take I-4 to WDW. But this time we tried 429 to Western Way. I took about 20 minutes from the turnpike (429)to AS Sports parking lot. $1.00 in toll on the road as well. From a distance on one hill in the road, you can see Space mountain and the castle in the background. (no pics though of it). Once on Western Way Everest is very visible and seems huge. If I knew how to upload pics I will try to do that soon, so if anyone can tell me how to do it, LMK and I will post those. Anyway a great road and very easy access to WDW.

I will be going that way in 9 days. How long were you on the Turnpike? Did you pass the first Oasis or do you get off before that? I can't wait. :banana:

RHONDALEE said:
I will be going that way in 9 days. How long were you on the Turnpike? Did you pass the first Oasis or do you get off before that? I can't wait. :banana:
TURNPIKE ENTRY IS EXIT 309, GO TO EXIT 267A. YOU WILL PAY A 2.50 TOLL AT EXIT 288. I BELIEVE THE SERVICE PLAZA IS 299. SO YOU WILL BE ON THE TURNPIKE FOR 42 MILES BEFORE EXITING SOUTH ON SR 429. I THINK WHEN YOU GET ON SR 429 THE NUMBER IS 22. THE NEW WESTERN WAY ENTRANCE TO WDW IS 8. THERE IS A 1.00 TOLL SOON AFTER YOU GET ON SR 429. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CORRECT ME IF THIS INFORMATION IS NOT CORRECT.

No that info seems correct. I only listed the $1.00 toll on 429 not the turnpike toll also. It is a great road though and if anyone knows how I can upload pics LMK and I will try to do that. thanks, ScottNBecky

So once you get on 429, there is just the one $1 toll? I had asked this a couple of weeks ago and someone thought there would be two $1 tolls. Great if there is just one.

Also, where exactly does it come out in WDW? I am staying at CSR, so I was trying to determine which way to turn once I get to the end of the road.

Thanks!

ssdeverell said:
So once you get on 429, there is just the one $1 toll? I had asked this a couple of weeks ago and someone thought there would be two $1 tolls. Great if there is just one.

Also, where exactly does it come out in WDW? I am staying at CSR, so I was trying to determine which way to turn once I get to the end of the road.

Thanks!
It comes out at WDW right next to CSR. In fact Western Way goes just south of CSR. When you come to the intersection between Western Way and Buena Vista Drive you will want to make a left. CSR will then be immediatly on you left.

ssdeverell said:

Thanks!

I haven't been there yet, but the description is that Western Way connects to Buena Vista Drive between CSR and Blizzard Beach, so you would turn left onto Buena Vista to get to CSR.

yes only ONE $1.00 toll on 429 not two of them. And Western Way comes up right next to CSR! You will love that entrance then. We stayed at AS Sports and it was very convinient as well.

I used to take the turnpike to I-4. so now, i just take the turnpike and look for the Western Way exit to WDW, about 40 miles once i get on the turnpike? How much time does it take off from the I-4 route, anyone timed that yet?

just trying to get this as simple as possible:)

thank you!

RGood look up at Kianga's post that gives the specifics. you take the turnpike to exit ? (it is SR 429) then stay on that south for about 15 minutes, then you will see the exit for Disney Western Way off of 429. The Disney road is about 3-5 minutes and you come out right next to CSR.

Has anyone taken it coming from the South yet? I leave in the morning and thinking of taking this. Thanks for the info ScottnBecky

We used the new way also coming in from Illinois - anything to get us there faster! :)

Mary

Piglet not sure from the south but I will say that the road is so nice and.....calm is the best word I can describe vs. I-4

I am directionally challenged so please forgive the dumb question.

We get on the FL Turnpike just past Ocala. Am I to suppose that there will be markers telling us where to get off the turnpike onto the new road going directly to DW?

As much as we will enjoy bypassing 92 I am sure the locals will be happier to get rid of us.

Slightly Goofy

SlightlyGoofy said:
As much as we will enjoy bypassing 92 I am sure the locals will be happier to get rid of us.
The locals on 192 will be disappointed to have fewer cars with potential customers going by their businesses.

Coming down past Ocala and onto Florida's Turnpike, you pass Rte 50 and Oakland and take the Rte. 429 interchange. On 429 (I think) the Western Way interchange is marked Disney World / Hartzog Road.

The second $1.00 toll is (or will be) between Western Way exit and 192.

The locals on 192 will be even more disappointed to have even fewer cars with potential customers going by their businesses since so many took the Western Way exit to avoid the second $1.00 toll.

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

This is how I have it written down, so hopefully this is straightfoward enough:

I-75S to Florida Turnpike - Exit 328 (exit on left)
Florida Turnpike to FL-429S - Exit 267A (after 2.50 toll booth)
FL-429S to Western Way exit (1.00 toll)
Western Way to W. Buena Vista Drive

seashoreCM, I had not thought of that. OK, the business owners and their employees will be sad but many others who drive that way will not. No matter what the change it always affects people in different ways. Now I feel a bit bad in spite of the fact that I do not spend any money in that area. I would guess that there will still be many who will be staying off property and they will still drop money there. Maybe only the on site people will stay away and that will not be so great a loss? :)

ssdeverell, bless your little Disney loving heart. That is easy enough even for me to follow. :rotfl2: I will be thanking you as I wend my way in September.

Slightly Goofy

SlightlyGoofy said:
ssdeverell, bless your little Disney loving heart. That is easy enough even for me to follow. :rotfl2: I will be thanking you as I wend my way in September.

Slightly Goofy

You are so very welcome!! Perhaps you can just wave at me on the way down, because I will be there in September, too. :banana:

ssdeverell, who knows we just might meet in person. We will be at the AS Sports from September 20th thru Oct 10th.

I will be the large grandma with the big smile on her face as I will not have to do any cooking at all for nearly three weeks AND someone else will be making my bed. I will be living just as my dh does every day of the year!!

Slightly Goofy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter