Western Scuba Trip Reports

scuba diver

Always looking for a dive
Just got back from 12/21/02 Western. DS & I are both AOW & Nitrox cert so we booked independent scuba trips at all three ports.

In Key West we used Key West Divers. They are only a 10 minute cab ride from the ship. We had plenty of time getting there before their 1:00 check in time. We cut it a little close getting back from early dinner, but made it. Since it is an afternoon dive we did two reef dives.

In GC we used Eden Rock Divers. We did a morning boat dive and then did a shore dive so three dives for the day. They lead the first dive which was a wall. Gave us plenty of time and allowed extra time at the mooring line if you have air. We did. The second dive was a wreck/reef and we chose to go with the guide since they did a fine job. When we got back to their office we did a shore dive that had plenty of swim throughs. It was a fine dive. Not much sea life, but DS enjoyed the swim throughs. It is only a 5 minute walk back to the pier.

At Cozumel we had reservations to dive with Scuba Du. It was to windy and all diving on the island was called off. Scuba Du was only 10 minutes via cab. We had no problem getting there and getting back.

You can easily book independent dive trips. All of these accepted early reservations so there was no problem. If you want to do your own diving you can do it with these three dive shops which gave us a great experience.

Scuba diver, thanks for the info. DH and I are both open water certified but our son is too young (8) -- he has done snuba, though. On our western cruise next year, he'd like to do snuba again. Did any of the dive shops you used offer that? And where was it, if so?

Did you think about diving with the stingrays on Grand Cayman?

Where was the best sea life you saw? What was the best dive you had? What would you do again if you were to return?

Thanks!

DW did snorkle at Stingray City and from what she told me it is not a scuba trip. It was very shallow, 4 ft or so, and they were not able to wear fins. It is a place where you stand around while the stingrays swim around your feet.

I'm not aware if any of the shops did snuba since I had no reason to check.

We did see a couple of spotted eagle rays and all the trips where good.

There are two places to see the rays, the stingray city sandbar, 4 ft of water...or the original stingray City, 10 ft of water and you scuba dive there. Its quite an amazing experience as you can sit on the bottom as it feels as though they are flying all around you. We've used Diver's Down and they were great.

The sandbar is a different experience as you stand in the water and they swim around you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter