West coast DVC?

Frances999

DIS Veteran
DVC is looking more attractive to us recently. Previously it was a no because we knew we would want to spend the majority of time on our trips at The Polynesian. With the Hawaii announcement and the DVC at the Contemporary (although not sure how appealing that is, yet....) it is looking more like we should consider it.

The clincher would be if there were any definitive plans for a west coast DVC at DLR California. I know you can use DVC points for the hotels there, but I gather it isn't particularly cost effective. Does anyone know anything about a potential addition to Disneyland California, and any timescales?

Thanks!

:wizard:

Hi Frances,

They are building some DVC units at the Californian Resort right now. We are going to California/LA in August this year and I know the units won't be ready at that time but it probably won't be too long after. I can't remember how many units were being built but 200 rings a bell for some reason. I'm sure someone else on here will know more.

Hope you join us!!

Ian:thumbsup2

OK...quick update on above. Only 50 2 bed units are currently being built near the Paradise Point Hotel. Presale is likely autumn this year with occupancy starting Autumn 2009. Hope that helps.

Ian:)

Thanks, Ian! I will keep a look out for the pre-sale. I think we would want the DLR California DVC to be the "home" resort. Thanks again for the info! :thumbsup2 :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter