West coast cruisers . . .

pclaire

Mouseketeer
Any thoughts about how long it will take to debark? Will it be as fast as florida, or more like other cruise lines, since disney wont have its own terminal and probably not as much room? Mty real question - how early an we schedule flights out of LAX?

i've only cruised once, and that was w/ dcl...so what do you mean "more like other cruise lines"? is it really bad?

anyways, it may take around 45 minutes to get to lax from port, i believe...of course, give or take...depending on traffic, etc. and you'd want to get to lax maybe 2 hours before flight time...

i know this doesn't really answer your questions...but as soon as someone post their "observations" after the first couple west coast cruises, you can plan from there? :flower:

I have gone on RCL out of the same berth as DCL and personally I would not make air reservations before 1pm. I was the first group off last time and after going through customs, we were not physically in the car until 9:30am. (We were like number 25 in line when we got off the ship.) Please plan 45 mins to get to the airport, LA has traffic on Saturdays too. Also check in atleast 2 hours in advance. LAX in the summer, weekends, and holidays are VERY busy. Please take this advice from past travel.

I hope this helps.

In the printed material received from DCL - they are not advising flight times before 1:00 PM :flower:

My only other cruise experience was with RCCL . . . boy, did it take a long time to get out of there!!

Yes, LAX is very BUSY!! The security inside the terminal can take a lot of time too. I flew out of LAX with American last summer. The line for the security check point was very long. The security personnel is excellent and they take their time to inspect everything. As for traffic, every time of the day is now busy around LA. I would rather be early than be late and miss a plane.

Just curious...Do you have to fly out of LAX? Long Beach is a lot closer, smaller, and less hassle. :earsboy:

Stinasmom said:
Just curious...Do you have to fly out of LAX? Long Beach is a lot closer, smaller, and less hassle. :earsboy:

....and going just a little farther south, John Wayne Airport seems to have improved its security/check-in process, too.

I called DCL and they told me not to book a flight before 12:30pm. My flight leaves around 1:20 and they told me that was 'perfect'. Hope this helps!

Personally I would avoid LAX at all cost. Even if it means spending a little more time on the road. Lucky for me I will be able to drive home, which is 3 hours away with traffic.

We have to fly in sunday morning before the cruise, which of course makes me nervous, and there are a lot more flights from Denver to LAX than to John Wayne. I want to have as many alternatives if something goes wrong with my flight. I think I'll book the 2:10 pm flight going home rather than the 12:45, just to be safe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter