Were you ever on vacation on the 25th

One year when I was in high school, but it was unplanned. My family went on a short trip to Williamsburg, VA, before Christmas, and my grandma broke her hip in the hotel room. We spent Christmas in the Williamsburg Hospital. Since then, we've stayed home until after Christmas. We've left on a couple if WDW trips in Dec. 26.

Right now I am in Orlando, Florida right now.

(December of course)

nope, but twice left on the 26th

Twice, but they were house hunting trips in another state because of dh's job transfers. They were totally optional times (on our part), but we wanted to go while our ds was on school break. It was company expense, but this was a few years ago, and almost 'nothing' was open in the form of restaurants - had lots of snacks, cheese as that was all we brought as road snacks - forgot about closures! :)

Once. We spent Christmas in Maui. On the 25th, we had a wonderful Christmas buffet dinner on the patio of a very nice hotel restaurant. There was a beautiful view of the ocean. It was the best Christmas ever. My entire immediate family was there to enjoy the day.

I haven't in the past but plan to in the future. A combination of pics on FB from people enjoying christmas in tropical destinations and extended family driving me nuts. I told DH we're going away next year and he's 100% on board.

Yes, twice. Christmas is also my birthday so when I turned 21 as soon as we finished opening gifts and eating lunch my parents and I flew to Las Vegas while my older siblings cleaned up.
And last year for my 39th birthday my husband had planned with my mom for another Las Vegas trip, they told me Christmas morning and my mom and I headed to the airport after we ate.

As a child, we always traveled to the grandparents' house on Christmas day and stayed for about a week. Since trips to the grandparents' were really the only trips we could afford at that point, we considered them vacation.

As an adult, this is only the 2nd year in the past 18 that I have not worked on Christmas. Unfortunately my hubby still works in public safety. So he still works on Christmas. I would love to go to WDW on Christmas - just once. I know it is crowded and crazy. But I'd love to do it just to say that I did.

Last year DH's sister, partner, and two daughters drove down from MA and we spent three days on the Florida Keys. We actually spent Christmas Day on Key West. None of us had ever been there before and it was a very different holiday.

DH and I want to take another few days on the Keys and explore some things we saw but didn't have time to visit on that last trip.

Christmas, once. Went to my FIL's in Texas. First time my wife had been with her dad on Christmas since she was 7.

Left for our Disney Cruise in 2003 on December 26, departed December 27.

Left for Disneyland in 2000 on December 26. I have never seen sooo many people at Disneyland in my life.......of course, it was 85 degrees every day.

Once. We were in Florida, and were suppose to fly home late afternoon on the 24th. Due to being delayed getting to Florida, we changed our flights to early afternoon on the 25th. Gave us an extra day with my dad, and were able to spend Christmas eve with him looking at lights.

Twice. One year we took the kids to SoCal during the holidays. We did both Christmas Day and New Years Eve at Disneyland. This was many years ago, and the parks were markedly less crowded then. I wouldnt dream of doing it now.

A few years ago we were living in Germany. It was our first Christmas as empty nesters. We spent the holidays in London. It was absolutely fabulous.

Almost always vacation on Christmas Day and usually at a Disney park. I was in the Magic Kingdom yesterday (the 25th). We are not Christian so it's not a special day for us but it is in the middle of winter break for my DD.

About four years ago. I got great deals to, in, and from Las Vegas and flew home on the red-eye Christmas night. Plane had 150 seats and 50 passengers. I had my own three rows at the back of the plane.

Only once, and I'm a Senior. We talked about it yesterday with ds ddil, and dgs.

Plan on going to warm & balmy spots when our other son, and his family are with his dw's family like yesterday.:beach:'s on the 25th every other year! :goodvibes

More often than not as an adult. We try to be.

Right now we are in Zagreb, Croatia which has been a WONDERFUL choice for the holiday. I couldn't have asked for better :goodvibes

I spent several Christmas Days in Florida when I was a kid. The last time I was away on the 25th was 26 years ago......until now! :yay: Yesterday I spent Christmas Day in MK with robinb and a million of my other friends. :rotfl2:

Several years ago we went to WDW for 2 weeks over Christmas and New Year. We had a great time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter