Were you closer to your Mom or Dad

low-key

14001, 60056, 224
My Dad, but the 10 years my mom lived after my dad we become a lot closer

My dad, he "gets" me and I have more things in common with him

My mom, just because she out lived by dad by 46 years.

My dad, he just gets me. My mom, she doesnt get me. In fact, I dont even think she likes me. We always fought.

My mom. My dad worked a lot so me & my mom hung out twice a week, going shopping or out to eat. I always made my mom laugh so she was kind of like my audience. After she died, I got to know my dad a lot better. I cried a lot after my mom died but after my dad died, I would just cry out of the blue, didn't really do that before.

My mom growing up for sure. She was a stay at home mom, volunteered at school, drove the carpools to swimming and softball. My dad worked A LOT. When my dad retired about 15 years ago, he mellowed out quite a bit and we got closer. When I had my daughter 12 years ago, he softened up even more. My DD adores him. My mom passed about 18 months ago and now, at 42 years old, I'm closer to my dad than ever.

My mom. She passed away at 68 in 2004. Now my dad lives with us and it is NOT easy but I would never turn my back on family. He's a good person and Would do anything for his kids, just not easy to live with because he still thinks his kids are 12 years old.

My mom. My dad has always been one of those distracted dads that doesn't know how old you are and doesn't listen to you when you talk.

My Mom. My Dad was, well difficult to say the least. My Mom and I look alike, talk alike, and think alike.

I never really bonded with either of my parents.
We are very different people
I love them both very very much (in fact my dad just passed away last week), but I never felt that real best friend bond with either of them.
It's not because they are bad people, or are bad parents - they are wonderful!!!
We are just not the same at all.

If I had to pick though, it would be my mom:flower2:

Pops definitely. I lost my first mom when I was a child. I loved my dad's long time girlfriend though, called her Big mama.

I've definitely been highly blessed in the family department, sure a bunch of them are bat crap crazy but they definitely loved the kids and gave us a wonderful childhood

I never really bonded with either of my parents.
We are very different people
I love them both very very much (in fact my dad just passed away last week), but I never felt that real best friend bond with either of them.
It's not because they are bad people, or are bad parents - they are wonderful!!!
We are just not the same at all.

If I had to pick though, it would be my mom:flower2:

I'm so sorry for your loss. :grouphug:

I am close with both but I would say my mom, mainly because I just talk with her more.

My Mom. My Dad was, well difficult to say the least. My Mom and I look alike, talk alike, and think alike.

Same here though we do not look alike, I look more like my father. Without going into details, my dad was and still is a very difficult man and I've never felt close to him. On the other hand, my husband and him get along great. I think my husband is the son my dad always wished he had. But, I will say he makes an awesome papa and my son adores him. At this point in my life, that's what matters.

Hmmm...I don't think I can choose. My mom is 11 years younger than my dad. He was retired by the time I started college. Since my school was local and I lived at home, Dad was there when I came home everyday while Mom was still working. Dad is very intelligent and very well-read. We would have long conversations about things I learned in my classes. He is an excellent proofreader and read all of my papers for me (which were considerable for my PR major). When I had my boys, Dad became very close to them. He's always available to talk to them. My oldest who is 19 and has Asperger's calls him almost daily to discuss NASCAR and world events. Dad is now 89 and his health is not the best, but he's still as sharp as ever and I enjoy our almost daily conversations and weekend visits.

On the other hand, Mom is the one who gets things done. She's a retired nurse. She was always in motion. If I needed something like a tuition check, a permission slip signed, etc., Mom was on it. She was a huge help when my kids were born, at my house almost everyday cleaning, shopping, encouraging me to rest. Several years ago when I sprained my ankle and was ordered not to put weight on it for six weeks, she was over five days a week. She did all the daily chores, picked up the kids from school, and kept my spirits up because she was afraid I would get depressed. She also used her medical training to make sure my ankle was wrapped appropriately and checked it everyday to make sure the swelling and bruising were going down. Mom's not a phone-talker as much as my dad is, but we talk at least weekly, shop together, and catch up on General Hospital.

So, I'd have to say both of my parents are awesome and I'm equally close to both of them, in different ways.

My mother. I never really knew my father. My parents divorced when I was 2 years old and my father and I stopped speaking when I was 14 (for MANY reasons - he was a complete you-know-what). He refused to obey the court order as far as support/health insurance/who could claim me as a dependent on taxes. He put all his bank accounts in my name and SSN so that my mother had to pay the taxes on them (and later, me). If you add up all the time he actually spent with me in my life, you get 6 months. And that's just the tip of the iceberg. Heck, he didn't even think I was his kid - except I look just like him. I didn't even know he died - 10 years ago, the day before my 31st birthday, I was playing around on the internet and that's when I found out.

No regrets. I grew up with my mother and grandparents, so I had my dear Grandpa for a "dad."

Dad, but not by much. I feel pretty close to both, but in different ways.

I never really knew my father because he left my life when I was little. My mom and I never really clicked. I know she'd be pretty upset to know I said that, but we have very different personalities. I have a tough time getting along with her, unfortunately.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter