• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Were you born in Jersey City, New Jersey?

BethC1952

DIS Veteran
If you were born in Jersey City, New Jersey and have a copy of your birth certificate that you are planning to use for identification to get a passport, please be aware that it may not be accepted. This applies to ALL birth certificates issued there (or in Secaucus), regardless of how old you are.

Our local newspaper (The Link) has an article this week that says that ALL Jersey City birth certificates have been declared void (due to some kind of investigation regarding terrorism). I have little faith in this newspaper, but if you're planning on using that birth certificate, please call the Department of Vital Statistics in Jersey City and verify the information. Apparently, you can use your birth certificate to get a driver's license, but will be unable to use it for ID for a passport!

Thank goodness I already have a passport, and have plenty of time before I have to renew it!

Beth

Had to send to Trenton to get my DW a new one so that she could get her passport for our July 28 cruise

Is just jersey city or all of new jersey? i know of people who have to get them soon. i guess this is what you get for living in the most pouplated state... :sad2:

ChadOKW - Would you happen to have the address and/or contact information for Trenton? I will need to do the same. Any information is greatly appreciated...Thanks.....

It was just Jersey City, Hudson County. They said that someone there was making up birth cert. so they took all the documents to Trenton. Went on line at http://www.vitalchek.com/ to start the process. They charge you $4 in think for the birth cert, but hit you big for shipping. Took about a month to get it.

It's actually Jersey City and Secaucus. Hmmm...I wonder if I can take a few years off of my age now that there are no records of my birth? :rotfl2:

Beth

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter