Were to start?

etwinchester

DIS Veteran
boy oh boy...I'm not sure what W.I.S.H. stands for or is for that matter but I've come here for help. I've noticed it thru another thread.

I would love to love around 50 lbs but don't know where to start. My biggest problems is that I don't eat. I NEVER eat breakfast, maybe have lunch and maybe have supper. Heck, I could eat a bowl of cereal for lunch and be good.

Any help would be appreciated...

Well WISH stands for We're Inspired To Stay Healthy and it is just a place that those of us who are looking to be healthier (whether we want to lose weight or not) can come for tips and encourgement.

The best place to start is to find a weight loss plan that will work for you. There are lots of people here doing all kinds of plans. I like Weight Watchers but other follow low-carb diets, calorie counting, etc.. Try to learn something about them and try to find one that will work with your lifestyle and then keep coming here for encouragement. :)

Good Luck and welcome to our little group of losers! ;) :teeth:

From what I understand, skipping meals is a BAD idea if you're trying to lose weight. In fact, I just got this from an e-mail newsletter (from http://www.hungry-girl.com):

Think you're doing yourself a favor by not eating breakfast? Think again. Studies show that breakfast-skippers actually take in MORE calories by the end of the day than people who have a morning meal. Why? When you bypass breakfast, you end up so hungry that when you finally do eat, you're likely to eat too much. And, when you let yourself get that hungry, you're more likely to grab whatever is convenient (which is often processed, high cal, high fat foods) instead of looking for something healthy. Furthermore, by missing your morning meal you're also slowing down your metabolism. Skip breakfast and you'll have a slugglish metabolism until lunchtime. Bottom line? ALWAYS EAT BREAKFAST!

Weight Watchers and exercising is working for me. I need to lose about 100 pounds total, and I've lost a little over 50 so far.

Hi, Tracey! :wave2:

I agree with Becka, the first step is finding the plan that is right for you. IMO that is the key to losing weight and keeping it off. Another key is to take baby steps. Start with changes that you can live with and go from there. There is a great thread here that will give you some ideas. :flower:

WISH is a great place to come for advice, encouragement and even that occasional kick in the pants we sometimes need to keep us going! :rotfl: Hope to see you around often.

You have found the best place ever to be! My initial reaction is to try to write down everything you do eat. Your body needs a certain amount of calories and good food choices. You might try using fitday.com to record your food intake and see what you are giving yourself. You must eat. You need to make wise choices in what you intake though.

Exercise is another thing that will help to get you going and tone up what you have.

Good luck with your journey.

Come often, post lots.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter