Were There WDW Discounts Last December?

Wendi2000

DIS Veteran
Just wondering... we went last year in Sept/Oct and got the free Dining Plan - which was GREAT!!! I sooooo wish I could take advantage again this year, but my son will be starting kindergarten and I just can't justify taking him out of school for 2 whole weeks... so we are trying to pull together a trip for December 16 - 26. Does anyone remember discounts or special offers from the same time last year (figured they might be the same again this year since the Dining Plan is just about the same time frame again).

TIA!!! :love:

There was a package discount for stays 10/23 - 12/15 with blackout dates during Thanksgiving. I tried to do a search on the DIS to see if I could tell what the code was for but couldn't find anything. I know that it wasn't free dining. Probably a room discount of some sort. No room-only codes.

There was a package discount for check ins 10-23 to 12-25. The dates it was available for booking was 9-29 to 10-23. This was a general public code, found the info on Mousesavers.

Thanks! Sounds promising at least... does anyone remember what the actual discount was? Was it just a straight percentage off, or was there some special deal like inclusion of water parks or something similar? I'm not interested in the waterparks... so I'm hoping it's not that type of deal.

We went last year at that time. The discount code saved us about $300 on the room rate. We originally booked at rack rate to get the dining plan. When the sale came out our TA changed our reservations and we saved on the room rate. It was great! ;)

I've been searching for the same info - hope someone can post what the savings really were. We went in Oct2005, and the free dining is SOOOOOOOOOOO tempting, but I can't tolerate the summer weather, so trying to wait til December! :woohoo:

Princess mom of 4,
I just checked my old emails. The discount was announced 9/29 and it saved us $359.45 on the room rate (the rack rate was about $135 a night for value season, since we checked in on the last day of value season). We had a package for 3 adults, 1 child at Port Orleans Riverside 12/19 to 12/27. The package included dining and 7 day park hopper tickets. Hope that helps.

princess mom of 4 said:
I've been searching for the same info - hope someone can post what the savings really were. We went in Oct2005, and the free dining is SOOOOOOOOOOO tempting, but I can't tolerate the summer weather, so trying to wait til December! :woohoo:

hi,

What do you mean by Summer weather? How hot was it in October? We will be there the first week in October & I'm hoping for cooler weather than summer. Did it not cool off at all, even at night?

Thanks! ~

:teeth: Anyone know if the discount was room only? We want the dining plan but would also LOVE a discount! Was the discount for a package?! :goodvibes Do I dare to hope!!!?

An even dumber question... could I nab the discount if I already have packages booked?

Brooknwdw said:
hi,

What do you mean by Summer weather? How hot was it in October? We will be there the first week in October & I'm hoping for cooler weather than summer. Did it not cool off at all, even at night?

Thanks! ~

We were there the first week of Oct. and it was HOT. I'm from the south, and know what hot is, and it was HOT. The mornings were bearable, but by 1 or so, we were melting!

WE were there the 9-12th of December and it was HOT!!! Sweating buckets hot.

I mean, it was nice, but I can't imagine it in say August!!! UGH!!!

I got a room only discount offer for november thru about December 20th that I did not use.

IwannaseeMickey said:
We were there the first week of Oct. and it was HOT. I'm from the south, and know what hot is, and it was HOT. The mornings were bearable, but by 1 or so, we were melting!

I agree... we were there Sept/Oct 2005 and it was very hot, very humid... constantly felt like there was grime all over my skin and I was in desperate need of a shower. The mornings and nights were pleasant though. I'm really looking forward to it not being so bad in December.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter