We're Staying OFFSITE! An October '14 PTR!

I forgot to mention, I'm going to go ahead and order my AP MBs! :thumbsup2 Only problem is, what color? I had green first, then pink in May ... it's between red and blue!

Red is my favorite color, but I like the way the blue ones look much better. I don't want to get a color I already had, so I'm definitely going with one or the other. Favorite color, or looks? I want to decide soon so that the band arrive with plenty of time for me to stare at it wistfully while I finish planning this vacation!

I wish they had character ones!

The blue is very pretty and my favorite! I got pink in March, red and yellow in May (split stay-ending up only wearing red), blue for this trip in August and pink again for my AP band.

Seriously they need more choices...cough, cough, purple, cough! ;)

The blue is very pretty and my favorite! I got pink in March, red and yellow in May (split stay-ending up only wearing red), blue for this trip in August and pink again for my AP band.

Seriously they need more choices...cough, cough, purple, cough! ;)

I don't even LIKE purple and I would choose it over some of those colors. I can't imagine ever wearing the orange or yellow, even though I like them. I just need to pull the trigger on the blue, but then I keep thinking "but the red is MICKEY red...."

Hey there, I'm late to the party but I'm here to join in too! :goodvibes

Haven't had a chance to read all 5 pages yet, but I'm definitely looking forward to reading about your offsite adventures. Your have picked one AWESOME resort :thumbsup2 . An October trip has always been on my wish list....I hope to make it happen in 2015!

Now, off to read........:coffee: .

Just wanted to say I've been reading along and really enjoying the idea of a trip just a mother and daughter loving on some Disney! No kids necessary to keep me reading ( I have enough of my own, 4)! It's fun to read about adults enjoy Disney!

Hey there, I'm late to the party but I'm here to join in too! :goodvibes

Haven't had a chance to read all 5 pages yet, but I'm definitely looking forward to reading about your offsite adventures. Your have picked one AWESOME resort :thumbsup2 . An October trip has always been on my wish list....I hope to make it happen in 2015!

Now, off to read........:coffee: .

Thanks for coming over! :cheer2: I am really excited to try the SVR, thanks to you and the SVR thread! It's been so long since I've been offsite I'm a little nervous, especially about traffic and navigating to the grocery stores and to US/IOA. I've definitely been researching what's closest and best ways to get places. I'll need to navigate since Mom will be driving the highways! I'm ok on "regular" roads, but I just can't do highways yet. Maybe I'll be better by October!

Just wanted to say I've been reading along and really enjoying the idea of a trip just a mother and daughter loving on some Disney! No kids necessary to keep me reading ( I have enough of my own, 4)! It's fun to read about adults enjoy Disney!

Hi and :welcome: !

Mom and I definitely enjoy Disney, and have since I was little. I remember when I was about 14 (and very teenager/defiant), we went for Thanksgiving and ate at Crystal Palace on Thanksgiving Day - I had chicken fingers. :laughing:

Now, I've been five times since 2010 (6th time will be this October trip, but before 2010 I hadn't been to Disney in 10 years), and mom has joined me for VERY limited times on two of those trips (I think it's been 2 3 night trips for her, plus one 1-night MVMCP last year!), but we're both looking forward to not only having a full week in Orlando but also to having a full kitchen and bedrooms for both of us - because she SNORES. :rotfl:

Thanks for coming over! :cheer2: I am really excited to try the SVR, thanks to you and the SVR thread! It's been so long since I've been offsite I'm a little nervous, especially about traffic and navigating to the grocery stores and to US/IOA. I've definitely been researching what's closest and best ways to get places. I'll need to navigate since Mom will be driving the highways! I'm ok on "regular" roads, but I just can't do highways yet. Maybe I'll be better by October!

Getting to the grocery store from SVR is pretty easy. There are a Publix, Walmart and Target within a pretty easy drive (the Publix is super close). The I4 is the easiest way to get to Universal, but it can be pretty busy at certain times of day....it will definitely be one of the roads you want your Mom to be the driver on!

Getting to the grocery store from SVR is pretty easy. There are a Publix, Walmart and Target within a pretty easy drive (the Publix is super close). The I4 is the easiest way to get to Universal, but it can be pretty busy at certain times of day....it will definitely be one of the roads you want your Mom to be the driver on!

I just spent like, 20 minutes looking at Google maps figuring out where everything is! Is the closest WalMart where you make a right out of SVR and follow down and it's on the right? Is that Publix right by the SVR the best one to go to, or is there a better one... ? I know we'll take 1-4 to get to US/IOA, and I know Mom will drive it. I just won't be able to do it I think. Even as a passenger on the highway I get jumpy, but I know it has to be done - so I'll do it. :sick:

I just spent like, 20 minutes looking at Google maps figuring out where everything is! Is the closest WalMart where you make a right out of SVR and follow down and it's on the right? Is that Publix right by the SVR the best one to go to, or is there a better one... ? I know we'll take 1-4 to get to US/IOA, and I know Mom will drive it. I just won't be able to do it I think. Even as a passenger on the highway I get jumpy, but I know it has to be done - so I'll do it. :sick:

We usually go to the Super Walmart on Turkey Lake Road, but the one in Kissimmee is closer and through less traffic. I have no idea why we continue to go to the Turkey Lake one vs. the Kissimmee store, except that its familiar to us (we vacationed at Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa, just down from the Turkey Lake Walmart, in 2012....and its been our go-to stop every since). Might have to try the Kissimmee store on this next trip :thumbsup2 .

We thought the Publix near SVR was incredible, but remember....up here in our little corner of Canada, we don't have any grocery stores of the same magnitude as the Orlando ones. Perhaps, then, we are easily impressed? :rotfl: I can say we got some of the nicest produce there.....fresh fruit that was soooo good. It certainly had everything we needed for grocery basics and tons more.

For the record, I am no fan of driving either. Its a necessity, so I do it, but if either of my boys will do the driving (which they are always happy to do), then I'm happiest as a passenger. I doubt I'd even attempt it in Orlando, so you are officially braver than I!

We usually go to the Super Walmart on Turkey Lake Road, but the one in Kissimmee is closer and through less traffic. I have no idea why we continue to go to the Turkey Lake one vs. the Kissimmee store, except that its familiar to us (we vacationed at Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa, just down from the Turkey Lake Walmart, in 2012....and its been our go-to stop every since). Might have to try the Kissimmee store on this next trip :thumbsup2 .

We thought the Publix near SVR was incredible, but remember....up here in our little corner of Canada, we don't have any grocery stores of the same magnitude as the Orlando ones. Perhaps, then, we are easily impressed? :rotfl: I can say we got some of the nicest produce there.....fresh fruit that was soooo good. It certainly had everything we needed for grocery basics and tons more.

For the record, I am no fan of driving either. Its a necessity, so I do it, but if either of my boys will do the driving (which they are always happy to do), then I'm happiest as a passenger. I doubt I'd even attempt it in Orlando, so you are officially braver than I!

I didn't even SEE a Turkey Lake Road on the map that I can remember. Will have to start a thread when it gets closer to time that we're leaving.

Good to know that Publix has the basics - we are only going to need about three dinners and three lunches but we'll do breakfast every morning. Of course, we'll want snacks to take with us and fruit to supplement meals. We'll try that Publix since it's so close first!

I seem to be very good on side roads. I live in a congested area and have to commute every day but I don't get on the highway. The worst part about driving now is that I always feel like I'm going to be rear-ended. I will get a sudden image when I'm stopped of the person behind me slamming into my car. I get very nervous about semi's where they used to not bother me at all. As long as my mom stays away from them I should be ok riding with her! If it looks too busy we'll just take side roads but leave very early. I was already planning a 7:30 departure for a 9 a.m. opening at US/IOA.

I love the idea of doing tea at the GF! Its so nice and lovely and darling! Okay I have never done it but I have read TR's doing it and I think its great. (I have done teas elsewhere and loved it! ) I'm sure they have decaf tea if its after 2pm.

I also like Hoop-Dee-Doo! Or maybe the Spirit of Aloha at the Poly, but remember the Poly might still be under construction so you might lose out on the awesome lobby experience. My vote is still for the tea! Or if you like horses you can do a horse trail ride at the ranch by Wilderness Lodge !

Good work on the highway driving! A little bit at a time is good! :hug:

I love the idea of doing tea at the GF! Its so nice and lovely and darling! Okay I have never done it but I have read TR's doing it and I think its great. (I have done teas elsewhere and loved it! ) I'm sure they have decaf tea if its after 2pm.

I also like Hoop-Dee-Doo! Or maybe the Spirit of Aloha at the Poly, but remember the Poly might still be under construction so you might lose out on the awesome lobby experience. My vote is still for the tea! Or if you like horses you can do a horse trail ride at the ranch by Wilderness Lodge !

Good work on the highway driving! A little bit at a time is good! :hug:

Duh, why did I never even THINK about the fact they'd probably have decaf? :confused3

I'm so conflicted about taking time away from the parks. This is definitely shaping up to be a much different trip than we're used to.

I didn't know they had a horse trail ride!

Thanks for the kudos; it is HARD forcing myself back out there. I'm just so darn scared!

I came to a decision about my MB. See, I'm a STL Cardinals fan since birth, and it just hit me today - if I get the red MB, I can wear it with my Cardinals gear! It's the perfect red for my Redbirds! I'm going to look around for a good Cardinals temporary tattoo and try to customize it too; if I find anything, I'll be sure to post my attempt. This way, I can get some additional use out of my MB; I'm so glad I finally thought of it!

Mom will be buying a band at MK on our first night; she just has to have one. She's chosen pink as the color she wants!

Also, after some discussion, it looks like I am going to be on the lookout for a 1900 Park Fare reservation for Mom and I! I know that more will open up the closer we get to the date as people cancel, so I'll just keep looking when I can and hope for the best. :surfweb:

We are definitely going to TRY to do some tie-dyed Mickey head t-shirts, probably the second week of September, so I'll be posting about that as well.

I've been driving my Mom nuts calling her all the time to talk Disney. I know she likes to talk about it, but I'm so bored lately that I call almost every night. I'll be glad when August rolls around; things will really start happening then for me and I won't have so much down time.

Other than that, here's an emoticon of a dancing banana, because banana: :banana:

One last thing - I'm also trying to decide between using my phone only for photos or bringing along my camera this time. Last trip it rained so much and I was terrified my phone was going to get wet and stop working. I'd like to avoid that headache this trip if I can. I wouldn't be as concerned about a camera!

Ugh, I'm so stressed right now. I can't wait to be here again:

And on the monorail! The DISNEY monorail:

Oh and I DID forget to mention - I got my flights! All booked on SW points, so it only cost me $30 ($2.50 911 fee per flight, plus $12.50 Early Bird per flight) plus the cost of the card, which was $69. $99 for roundtrip to WDW is not bad at all, given that the regular flights were over $400! And now Mom and I are on the exact same flights; I haven't flown with anyone else in years, since I went to WDW in 2010 with my ex DBF (who is still my close friend; he just stopped by today!), so I am looking forward to having someone to talk to on the flight!

They do do (Hee) horse back riding at Tri-Circle-D Ranch! I was pretty tempted back on our 2010 trip, never happened but it will happen eventually I hope! (As well as a list of other things, agreed it hards to pul yourself away from the parks!)

I think red is a good choice! That's what I'm going with myself. Blue is my favorite color but I gave DBF dibs and thats his choice. I'm happy with red though. I'll be bringing my gold glitter/sparkle nail polish to jazz it up a bit(Being in Canada they don't mail them out to us).

1900 Park Fare will be be fun! Are you aiming for breakfast or dinner? (They are open for dinner right?)

Congrats on the flights! Thats awesome you could do them on points! More money to spend at the parks now! :cool1:

They do do (Hee) horse back riding at Tri-Circle-D Ranch! I was pretty tempted back on our 2010 trip, never happened but it will happen eventually I hope! (As well as a list of other things, agreed it hards to pul yourself away from the parks!)

I think red is a good choice! That's what I'm going with myself. Blue is my favorite color but I gave DBF dibs and thats his choice. I'm happy with red though. I'll be bringing my gold glitter/sparkle nail polish to jazz it up a bit(Being in Canada they don't mail them out to us).

1900 Park Fare will be be fun! Are you aiming for breakfast or dinner? (They are open for dinner right?)

Congrats on the flights! Thats awesome you could do them on points! More money to spend at the parks now! :cool1:

They do do it? :laughing: Seriously, that's pretty interesting; I had no idea that horseback riding was a possibility in WDW resorts anymore.

Yes, I admit - now that I've thought of a secondary reason to use my band, I'm very excited about red!

We're looking to do dinner at 1900 Park Fare. Good luck to us - I'm starting the ADR game very late. I think something may come open the week before, when everyone is cancelling. If not, we can keep checking; my mom will bring her iPad and she has a data plan so we can check any time!

The money I saved on the flight is paying for my Ultimate Tour! So I consider it money well-saved. :cloud9:

I had to share with people who would care, because pretty much no one but Mom and I are excited about this.

I got a dinner at 1900 Park Fare for us!

tumblr_mubrdsqUTo1s2wio8o1_500.gif

It's at 4:45 p.m., which will be PERFECT, since it's on Saturday we can take a break from a busy park and go back for our 4/5th FP+ after we eat. Or maybe I won't even MAKE FP+ reservations until after 7 that night. We will probably be at MK that day, so it will be AWESOME! I have never been there but I've heard people go on and on about how perfect Lady Tremaine and the step sisters are, so I am really looking forward to it.

I also found that it appears I can get a BOG FP+ for lunch, even though I'm not staying onsite. Maybe it's because of my AP? I will try when we get closer to the trip; I'd really like another turkey sandwich and I REALLY want my mom to see the inside - will they just let you go in and look around? Probably not, huh?

Yay!! Congrats on the ADR!! Nice to have that booked and out of the way!

I was just reading a TR and their dinner at 1900 PF was really awesome with character interactions!

As far as I have read you are not allowed into BOG without an ADR, FP+ sitting and eating. I wish you the best of luck in getting a lunch FP+! Those things are like gold!

Yay!! Congrats on the ADR!! Nice to have that booked and out of the way!

I was just reading a TR and their dinner at 1900 PF was really awesome with character interactions!

As far as I have read you are not allowed into BOG without an ADR, FP+ sitting and eating. I wish you the best of luck in getting a lunch FP+! Those things are like gold!

We are actually excited. I have always heard about the strawberry soup and never got to try it myself! I can't believe I got an ADR and with our PERFECT time! I did try to snatch a Garden Grill reservation as well, but I thought about it for too long and someone else got it. :(

I am subscribed to Missyrose's TR and she just posted an update with 1900 Park Fare too - I did a search today just to read about the experience. We're not expecting delicious food, but those characters better be on point. :laughing:

I read the same about BOG. Booooo. I have lucked out so far with FP+ BOG reservations - I've had three so far and I'm really hoping I can get another. The site would let me book for next week, but not for our dates. Maybe it's a glitch that will be fixed and the ability to book one will be taken away from me since I'm not onsite.

When we used to go to WDW when I was a kid, we camped. We drove from IL and took our pop up camper and camped at the Yogi Bear campground (anyone know if it's still around? Would love to go back just to see it). Here's a early 80s picture of my mom and I between theme parks when I was just a kid.

Back when the characters used to roam around (that's me holding Pluto like I'll never let him go - still my favorite!):

Before my trip in 2010, my last trip was in 2000. I went with my mom and two VERY unenthusiastic travelers (my mom's boyfriend and my best friend at the time), and so while my mom was allowed only to go to Epcot and then taken all over Florida via car instead of visiting the MK or HS (her boyfriend despised the parks), I was at the parks with my BFF who very clearly hated every moment and didn't want to ride anything. Mom found out about the Leave-A-Legacy, and she was insistent that we do it.

It's hard to believe that I didn't go to WDW for 10 years, and now I've been 5 times since November of 2010.

Finally, I don't think I've posted about this guy:

He's my 13 year old rescue kitty. I got him when he was about 6 months old and he was so little! Now he's a huge cat, but not fat - just long! I'm so glad that on this trip he will be watched over by someone the whole time instead of me leaving him to be checked on every few days.

I'm still toying with the idea of staying a few days longer but I haven't decided for sure yet, now that so much is up in the air. The flight would still be free on points, which is great, but should I be spending the money if I'm not employed? Of course, the other question is - what if I don't get as good of a job as I have now and I'm not able to go to Disney anymore, wouldn't I wish I had stayed a few extra days for minimal cost? Still deciding on this one.

Awww! I love the retro pics! A Disney addict from day one!

I so wish they still had a Leave A Legacy nowadays! Thats pretty awesome.

Sooo, whats your kitty's name?

Thats a tough call, extra days or save the money. :scratchin Extra days are so tempting! I wish you all the luck in deciding!! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter