We're off to see the World! A Wish TR w/ pics from BigGive, Days 1-7, and PhotoPass!

What is your favorite Walt Disney World park?

• EPCOT

• Hollywood Studios

• Magic Kingdom

• Animal Kingdom

Results are only viewable after voting.
OMG I loved those pictures they were great and Clay with princesses is so cute.

becca

I have been reading your TR for about 2 weeks now and realized just tonight that I have not even posted on it yet!

I just LOVED all of the pictures! We just got chosen for the Big Give this week :) We are so excited! Our trip is at the beginning of October and we are SOOOOOO excited!

You have inspired me to take LOTS of pics and do the photopass! :) Awesome report! :)

Amy,
I just finished reading your whole TR and I LOVED it!!!! :) Makes me so excited about our trip coming up!!! Your kids are so cute! :) I got really teary eyed when reading about Clay's magical moment with Fred... :sad1: :) So touching! :) You've taken so many amazing pictures too!

OMG I loved those pictures they were great and Clay with princesses is so cute.

becca
Thank you. I never dreamed I would love seeing Clay with the princesses as much as I do! But he was so shy, I thought it was totally hilarious.

I have been reading your TR for about 2 weeks now and realized just tonight that I have not even posted on it yet!

I just LOVED all of the pictures! We just got chosen for the Big Give this week :) We are so excited! Our trip is at the beginning of October and we are SOOOOOO excited!

You have inspired me to take LOTS of pics and do the photopass! :) Awesome report! :)
Thank you! I guess you are gone right this minute! I hope you are having a wonderful time!!

Amy,
I just finished reading your whole TR and I LOVED it!!!! :) Makes me so excited about our trip coming up!!! Your kids are so cute! :) I got really teary eyed when reading about Clay's magical moment with Fred... :sad1: :) So touching! :) You've taken so many amazing pictures too!
Aww, thank you! Now that we've been back for two months, the moment that is most prominent in my mind is still Clay's moment with Fred. A note about him coming up....

If you've read this TR, then you will recall Clay's magical moment with Fred Jones from the Scooby Doo Gang! Also, I've spoken often about how impressed we were with the way we were treated at Universal Studios. My friend Alison (twinmum), being the excellent researcher that she is, found a great contact for me to write a letter to--the CEO of Universal Studios Orlando. So I wrote him as eloquent a letter as I knew how and sent him an excerpt of my trip report so that he could read firsthand what Fred did for us and see his picture. Also, I asked him if there was some type of employee award that I could nominate Fred for. Well, several weeks passed and I had just about given up. I know CEOs are busy people, and I figured my letter had ended up in the trash can. Well, actually it was a packet several pages thick, sent in a large envelope!

Well, late last week, guess what I received in the mail!! A letter from the CEO of Universal Studios Orlando, himself!! Here is what he said:

Thank you so much for your letter and trip report. I read it more than once, each time with a great mixture of pride, enthusiasm and humbleness; pride in our 14,000 team members who really do try each day to create a special memory for each guest they encounter; enthusiasm for how well they do it, and how lucky we are to be in the business we're in; and humbleness, that we were able to have such an incredible impact on Clay and your family, just by trying to be the best we can each day.

From the moment we interview prospective team members, through training and orientation and then out to our parks and venues, we stress one theme above all others; we are in the business of creating special moments and memories for our guests. There is no better confirmation that we are on the right track than a letter such as yours. For you to offer such high praise makes us collectively blush, but also fills us with a sense of accomplishment and purpose.

Thank you for letting us be a part of Clay's special trip and his wonderful memories.

As for Fred, please rest assured that I will personally see that he receives recognition from both his peers and his management team. In addition, I intend to personally nominate Fred for our Bravo Award, the recognition program for our "creme de la creme".
Once again, thank you for your kind words, and we hope to see you again!

I am SO excited to know that Fred will get the recognition he deserves!! He is an awesome person!

Just thought you'd want to hear about this. Hugs to all for reading and for all the kindness you bestowed upon our family last summer. :grouphug:

And that, my friend, is a wonderful and meaningful way to wrap up your trip report. It takes us all back to exactly why these trip reports exist, why Wish Trips exist - to give back a little bit of childhood to our cherished children who have been through so much. Our wish granters have given(or will be going to give, in our case...26 days to go!) our families an opportunity to put aside adversity, forget about needles and surgeries and hospitals and physio and walkers and g-tubes...and to spend time together focusing on being a family, loving each other and having fun. Our wish granters give our children a chance to be special not because of their medical condition, but because they have shown courage and grace in facing challenges from which we wish our children could be spared.

Clearly, the CEO of Universal gets that. I was so impressed by this letter. I don't care if he wrote it himself or had a little help from PR. It reflects what I've talked to you about "the tone at the top", the leadership tone that reflects the essence of the organization. You can feel his pride in his people. It made me cry, and I am so glad I was able to help you say the "thank you" that Fred truly deserves. It is so much more special than a note to Guest Services.

I know that moments like these are truly unique, and we'll keep our own expectations realistic for our trip. Still, we'll be looking out for Fred ourselves...if we find him, I want to remind him of the impact he had on your family...and perhaps get an update!

Blessings,
Alison

Wow, that is such an awesome letter!!! I totally agree with you, Alison! And I'm so excited that that Fred is getting the recognition he deserves!!! :woohoo: Maybe this will all impact him too! Thank you for sharing!!!

that is absolutely great. i am so glad to hear that your letter was received so well and that an employee who made your trip so special will be recognized

Amy,
What an awsome letter you wrote and the response brought tears to my eyes. Sometimes employers only hear the bad about their staff. It was great of you and Alison to track down a name and address to send a letter. I'm happy that he will be recognized. I don't think some people "get it" when kids are on a wish trip. All the hardship the child and family have gone through, and to have one week to just put it aside and enjoy. But when you run into someone that does, boy what an impact it has on everyone. Does Clay still talk about his meeting with Fred? It was nice to hear from you again :)
Robin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter