We're late for a Mickey date!!! An Oct. 11TR with an update GASP!!! 2/10

Leleluvsdis

DIS Veteran

Happy Halloween
Thanks for joining me on my trip report. If you haven't read the begining... well you really don't need to before you read the end, but if you would like, there is a link in my siggy to my PTR. Anywhoo.... On with the Show!!!:3dglasses

First and formost... what is a show, or as this may turn out, circus:upsidedow without an introduction of the cast and crew... shall we..

First and foremost we have muah.. the trip planner extrodinare
IMG_0362.jpg

Can anyone guess where this is?? You'll have to stick around to see the rest of the pictures... they are rather humerous:laughing:, and a little disappointing:sad2:. I was the brains of the operation so to speak. I did all the trip planning, which is now at the bottom of the Sassagoula River... ok not literally, but well never mind... you get the picture... Anywhoo! I was so scared I our trip was going to be in peril since I got a new job about 2 months before we left on our trip. Luckily I have an awesome boss, and fabulous new job and was still able to go, although there was a scare. About 2 weeks before our trip, the new schedule came out, and it only had me off for 2 days of the week we were supposed to be in disney world, me=instant panic mode:scared1: I sent an email letting our workforce manager know the problem, and the responce I got back was "oops... bet I scared ya there for a minute! It's fixed." Swooh... One crisis diverted... now onward and upward!!

So I'm beginning to think I should have titled this... "How many cheesy sayings can I include in one trip report":laughing::lmao:

Up next DH... The quickly becoming disney fanatic
DSCF0553.jpg

Dontcha just love it!!! Bless his heart... he tried so hard on this trip, but by the middle of the week gave in... but nothing several doses of disney medicine can cure!!! and a full day of sleeping:sad1:

And without further ado... the one... the only... the King and Queen live in person... my Mom and Dad!!
IMG_0177.jpg

I cannot begin to say how much I love my Mom and Dad, ok so maybe I am a little biased since they are mine, but they are truely the best parents I could ever ask for!!:cloud9: Seriously, this trip would not have been possible without them. They have both been retired now for over a year and love every minute of it. They travel so much now DH and I often say we are going to sell our house and move into their we house sit so much haha

Well folks that's it for the cast and crew... but stick around! Up next... It's full steam ahead.

Sorry folk for the delay, but I do have mega news...

We are going to see the Lion King on Broadway!!! :dance3::banana::dance3:
I am so excited I can hardly contain myself!!!!!!!

Day 1
Yup! That’s right folks, it’s an update!

We left when I got off on Friday, well, sorta…

We had all intensions of leaving when I got home from work at 6pm. Mom and Dad were in the driveway, and DH was bringing down our bags to go in car. We went down to the basement for something, which is where our garage is, and when we went to close the garage door it wouldn’t close. Hum…. That’s interesting well just hit the button again right… sure unless there is a snake that stopped the door!!! :scared1:EEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKK:scared1:

I really wish I had pictures of the garage after DH saw the snake. He is not afraid of anything, except… snakes. Needless to say there was nothing that wasn’t unturned or out of place, or as most of it was, in the driveway lol. After that fiasco, and even worse, we never found the snake… we were off a whopping 2 hours later at 8pm!! We drove to Sumter, SC and stayed at Holiday Inn for the night which was about 5 ½ hours of driving so we would only have a little 7 hours the next day.

The hotel was so nice and clean, obviously only a couple years old if that, but lacking hugely on the customer service end. Lucky for us it didn’t cost anything because Dad had points, but he even fussed about how bad the service was when we checked out the next morning. We booked for 4 people, and only had 2 full sets of towels. We called when we got there a 2am and asked for more towels, the response was housekeeping was not there, so we offered to come to the desk to get them, and were told someone would be up within 15 minutes, well 1 hour later another phone call and still no one so we went to bed. Mom and I were trying to take our showers at night so it wouldn’t take so long for all of us to shower and get ready the next morning so we could get on the road early. When we checked out, Dad complained about it, and the girl at the counter said, well sir you could have called. His response was I called twice, and she followed it up with, well; there are no accommodations that can be made because it doesn’t look like your room cost you anything:mad:. I’m really glad no one was in there with Dad when he was told that, because I’m pretty sure between DH and mom she would have gotten more of a response than she bargained for thanks to that comment lol

Needless to say, I didn’t take any pictures of this hotel. They didn’t offer breakfast which was sort of disappointing but there was a McDonald’s next door so that did the job. :goodvibes

We were on the road at 9am Saturday morning, and we were Old Key West bound!! We didn’t have a bad drive at all. Traffic was surprisingly light for a Saturday I thought, until we got to Orlando. The GPS tried to take us in a back way around universal, and Dad who didn’t know that way so I’m not listening to the GPS, got back in I-4. :headache:HUGE MISTAKE!!!! One day he will learn lol Well it took about 30 minutes of rolling to get to the exit we needed and we were finally at DTD.
IMG_0173.jpg

Yeah… horrible picture I know… but we were officially here!!!

Up Next… Check in and OKW!

We originally had dinner reservations at Whispering Canyon Cafe, but everyone was tired, so I called and cancelled those and we stuck to our tradition of DTD and Earl of Sanwich on the first night. We arrived at OKW about 4:30 or 5
c92b.jpg

101_0221.jpg

and Dad and I headed to check in.
OldKeyWestsign-day.jpg

No one was in the lobby and we were greeted by about 6 welcome homes. Can I just say, this was the most welcoming feeling and so exciting and relaxing at the same time. I cannot wait to stay at another DVC. We transfered in our RCI week, so I hope that partnership will continue for many many many years to come. Once we got checked in we headed over to our room in building 45. We had a 2 bedroom on the 3rd floor with a "canal" view. We had 2 trees that had grown completely into and infront of our balconcy, so this is the best view we had of the canal
IMG_0174-1.jpg

I will have to admit, I was horrible about not taking pictures this trip. Mainly because my camera does not take good pictures at all, and DH and I didn't do anything special this year. The only characters we saw were at the halloween party. This was a riding trip for sure, and enjoy the think we don' normally take the time for. We weren't worried about seeing and doing everything this trip. We most definetly had a very slow paced trip which was a nice change, although I do not know that I would want to have a trip this way every time.

Anywhoo... After we got checked in, we headed off to DTD via bus. It was a super short ride. Although we used the bus stop a lot of times, if we just missed the bus, we many times just walked up to HH. It was a little bit futher, but we normally caught the bus that was leaving the bus stop when we came out of the condo so not a bad thing at all.

We ate a EOS where I have no pictures of :guilty: and walked through WoD and the other stores in DTD. It was super crowded, seriously I have never seen it so crowded EVER! We stopped a long while and listed to some prefomers. There instruments were amazing. There was a cello, violin but there was no wood. It was just the brackets and the stings which was amazing, and then a flute and i think a keyboard. They were really good! After we listened to them for probably 20 minutes or so, we loaded the boat for back to OKW. For anyone who has never taken the boat at night, it is a must do! I was so relaxing and just an overall nice way to end the night.

Up next... dinner with the animals and fireworks in the sand!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter