We're Home From the Road!! 17 Days of Travel with Tons of Pics~COMPLETE!!

Have fun!! My dad is a huge Angels fan. I'll be 20 at the time of the 60th Anniversary. Here are the ages I was at each anniversary:

40th (1995)- almost 2 months
45th (2000)- 5
50th (2005)- 10
55th (2010)- 15
60th (2015)- 20

Oh, and I was there yesterday too. I was with my mom, sister, my mom's BFF, their DDs, and their next door neighbor

Have a great time at the game. Not sure if I posted this before, my son went to high school with Chris Ianetta, the catcher for the Angels. Chris was 2 years behind my son.

I love how you are doing your name on the scoreboard. That is so awesome.

Beth

Have fun!! My dad is a huge Angels fan. I'll be 20 at the time of the 60th Anniversary. Here are the ages I was at each anniversary:

40th (1995)- almost 2 months
45th (2000)- 5
50th (2005)- 10
55th (2010)- 15
60th (2015)- 20

Oh, and I was there yesterday too. I was with my mom, sister, my mom's BFF, their DDs, and their next door neighbor

Fun....do you plan on going to Disneyland next year for the anniversary?

Have a great time at the game. Not sure if I posted this before, my son went to high school with Chris Ianetta, the catcher for the Angels. Chris was 2 years behind my son.

I love how you are doing your name on the scoreboard. That is so awesome.

Beth

Awesome....I don't recall you telling me about Chris!

Is pretty cool to look up and see your name!!

It was a long day of sand, sea, baseball & packing.....it's 1:42am and I should have been asleep hours ago.....it is on the agenda next!!

Tomorrow we move to Hollywood!! .....or should I say....today!

Wow -- what a cool thing to do for the family (the Angels sign/board with your name on it!).

Without going into specifics of how much it cost (if you don't want to), was it terribly expensive to arrange for that? It's a great idea -- I'm sure many a man has proposed to his girlfriend that way!

Have fun at Universal -- was today the Universal and CityWalk day?

I am sorry that I will miss you tomorrow morning at Farmers Market, but you will barely have any time at the Farmers Market anyway. It would have been too rushed. I think that the last time you tried to work FM into your plans, you only had a tiny sliver of time for it (and then it got bumped from the plan entirely).

One of these days when you venture up to L.A. and can go back to the Farmers Market, and when you don't have to rush off to be somewhere else within an hour, and when I'm not busy, I can meet you and lead you directly to some of the better, interesting places to eat, things to see, etc. That's really how Farmers Market should be experienced -- just doing a big ol' food crawl from one stand or counter service place to another, then grabbing a table at which everyone can sit down with their goodies and chow down!

Hopefully Du-Par's is still good!

Tried to quote everyone but the connection is bad in our room right now......so I will wing it!!

Everyone was surprised by the scoreboard welcome. It cost $30......a fun thing to do and way cheaper then a lot of other major league sport fields/arenas/etc. Sometimes those things can run in the hundreds if not thousands of dollars.....so when I found out it was only $30, I jumped on it.

Universal was a bust but will go into details when I'm back.

Tomorrow is breakfast at the Farmer's Market and then off to Walt's Barn for their 15th Anniversary!! I will also get to see my brother tomorrow evening.

Unable to upload to photobucket for a daily pic too......sorry!

:wave2: Hi! I'm here too! Such a great idea, taking a nice road trip! We may have to do that one day, but we're sick of driving from KS to Las Vegas (where our family lives) and then to Disney. Colorado is treacherous (with Vail and the windy mountain roads) and Utah is a snooze fest (and we always hit construction)! Can't wait to see all the details, I hope you guys are having a great time!

Great report

Thank You!!!

I hope everything is going well

We're doing good!!

:wave2: Hi! I'm here too! Such a great idea, taking a nice road trip! We may have to do that one day, but we're sick of driving from KS to Las Vegas (where our family lives) and then to Disney. Colorado is treacherous (with Vail and the windy mountain roads) and Utah is a snooze fest (and we always hit construction)! Can't wait to see all the details, I hope you guys are having a great time!

:wave2: Sometimes road trips work but sometimes they don't. I guess you could always fly to Cali and then rent a car to do some adventuring!!

Started our day at the Farmer's Market with friends and ended in Torrance with family before driving to Westminster for the night. Tomorrow it's off to San Diego for 2 nights!! Excited....haven't been since I was a kid!! (like at age 10)

San Diego sounds like a lot of fun. I went there in 1998, went to the zoo. I've never been to Sea World there but have been to the one in Orlando. Have fun!

Beth

$30 for the scoreboard thing!!! That is totally awesome!!! I would have never imagined it would be that cheap! Hope you have a great time in San Diego!!

How was the food at Dupars? We went there in March but only had pie. We didn't spend a whole lot of time looking around the farmer's market or grove either. We are taking a big tour that includes it in November so hoping to spend a little more time there this time.

Will be interested to see what you think of Sea World. It's been probably 7 years or more since we have been. You will LOVE the zoo

San Diego sounds like a lot of fun. I went there in 1998, went to the zoo. I've never been to Sea World there but have been to the one in Orlando. Have fun!

Beth

Thanks Beth.....wish I had more time to explore at the zoo.

$30 for the scoreboard thing!!! That is totally awesome!!! I would have never imagined it would be that cheap! Hope you have a great time in San Diego!!

It just depends on each park on how much they charge.

How was the food at Dupars? We went there in March but only had pie. We didn't spend a whole lot of time looking around the farmer's market or grove either. We are taking a big tour that includes it in November so hoping to spend a little more time there this time.

Will be interested to see what you think of Sea World. It's been probably 7 years or more since we have been. You will LOVE the zoo

The food was good.....and not horribly priced. I envisioned the market to be much bigger then it was. We didn't spend lots of time there, but did go up & down the rows just to get an idea of what was there.

I haven't been to San Diego in ages.

I haven't been to San Diego in 40 years.....now that's a long time!!

Did the zoo today but needed much more time than we had. Late getting there & needed to leave early for our homemade dinner at a friends house. At least I got a feel for what was there so I can plan better next time.

Tomorrow we'll be at Sea World!!

Can't get a photo uploaded again tonight.....boooooo

Yea we were really surprised that the Grove was so small. On tv I thought it was bigger. Plus those stores are way above our price limit so we didn't spend a whole lot of time there either. We glanced at the farmers market and we had time but we didn't see all that much but I am sure when we go in November the girls will want to check it out a bit more.

That's a bummer about the zoo but you are right it takes ALL day to see that place. Did you guys do the bus tour first to get your bearings? Plus it has a LOT of hills and it is a lot of walking but it is so neat and we love it.

I hope you enjoy Sea World!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter