• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

We're here!!!

My parents are there right now and no reports of flies. They said it is H-O-T. Have fun! They are in the 700 loop somewhere.

We check into a cabin tomorrow! My memory is bad, don't recall cabin we were in last time, but think it was in loop 2400. Only request I made this time was not to be on the end of the loop like last time. It was too noisy when we were trying to sleep in with the traffic, garbage trucks, etc. I rather be on the inner part of the loop farther away from the street.

We are in the 500 loop and no flies yet, but yes it is HOT! Air cond. Is running nonstop during the day but we are at the Ft.

We checked in on June 3 and the yellow flies were HORRIBLE!!! While setting up camp I honestly did not realize they were biting me - I had heard how bad it hurts and I wasn't feeling any pain. The next morning I woke up with my legs covered in WELPS! It looked and felt awful. I then had a reaction to the bites and kept getting new welps. It did not make for an enjoyable stay.

We were on loop 1800 and the flies stayed around all week! We did notice there didn't seem to be as many when we were leaving this weekend, but they were still around. I honestly feel that it is because loops 1600-1900 turns into a swamp when it rains and the flies thrive in the water.

Ellen

Good Lord, How did you get through the cobwebs of signing on and posting? Does this mean we should steer away from your loop so that only you deal with them?

Ha ha. You know those dang kids keep me busy at the end of the school year. I have 3 different schools going on this year. Plus I had to run satellite in my bunk room for the kids. Whatever, I am here now and all I have to do is watch my boxer play in her pen and take Logan swimming. Easy restful summer!

We're in loop 800 & have seen several yellow flies. I forgot about the welts they leave...YIKES!!!

We finally saw a yellow fly today (1) but it made the mistake of bitting my wife and it died.... After she swatted it of course.

If you aren't seeing the yellow flies it is because they are having a feast on my legs. I've stopped sitting out by my RV except mid day when they aren't as bad. I got over half a dozen huge welts on my legs from those blasted flies..on my first day here.:sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter