• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

We're here - crowd pictures included - UPDATED 5/6 in first post

donaldsgal

DIS Veteran
ETA: I'll be including crowd pictures in my TR, which is live. You can follow the TR by clicking on the link in my signature. I'll post pictures of Epcot crowds there. Thanks! I figured since the mods moved this thread to the TR board anyways, I'd just direct everyone to my TR. :)

We arrived yesterday (May 4) and are staying until the 16th. This morning, we were at the MK, and I took some crowd pictures for my fellow obsessive DISers since I know the subject of May crowds has been met with great interest this year (keep in mind we were there for rope drop and left for a break around 2 PM):

The TTC around 8:30:
IMG_2701.jpg

Bag check:
IMG_2706.jpg

Entering right at 9 AM:
IMG_2724.jpg

Walking down Main Street USA (it was not this crowded, just the congestion of people filing in):
IMG_2725.jpg

From the train station overlooking the entrance plaza around 10 AM:
IMG_2764.jpg

Fantasyland by Peter Pan around 10:45:
IMG_2770.jpg

Main Street as we were leaving around 2 PM:
IMG_2778.jpg

Same time, just looking toward the castle:
IMG_2779.jpg

Oh, and regarding ride wait times. We did the following:
Carousel
Snow White
Winnie the Pooh
it's a small world
Tea Cups
Barnstormer
the Railroad
Splash
Haunted Mansion
PhilHarmagic
Pirates

Everything was under 15 minutes. Our longest wait was for Winnie the Pooh, actually, at around 8 minutes. Big Thunder was 20 minutes around 10:30, and Peter Pan was 15 minutes around 9:15 and then got longer as is typical, up to 35 just before we left. We used FP just to pick up FPs to use on Big Thunder when we go back tonight.

Hope this helps! :)

Thank you for the pictures. My vacation is the second week in August but I like looking at the crowd pictures or any pictures of WDW. That is my kind of crowd. I have my fingers crossed for moderate crowds in August.

Lucy

That was almost exactly what it looked like yesterday too.

Frontier Land got busy starting around 11:30 but at 10am was empty.

I LOVE Disney in May. Wish I was there! The crowds are always perfect and so is the weather. :cloud9: Of course any weather is nicer thatn the weather here at my desk at work :rotfl:

YYIIPPEEEE for the great May crowds. I'll be there on the 16th and I'm going crazy trying to keep myself busy so these next 11 days will fly by.

Awesome, thanks. We will be there Friday.
How hot is it?

My car's temperature gauge said 95 degrees at 2:15ish. That said, I don't find it humid in the least. it's certainly warm, but it's not sweltering, nor is the air as thick as soup. Perfect for me! :thumbsup2

What a relief!! I was saying to my DH these crowd predictions are going to be hard to stomach. We were last in WDW the last week of Jan and it was a ghost town. Before that it was early Oct and was pretty empty then as well. I'm not a "9" kinda o' girl!!!! Thanks for the positive vibes.

YYIIPPEEEE for the great May crowds. I'll be there on the 16th and I'm going crazy trying to keep myself busy so these next 11 days will fly by.

11 days for me too!! Yippeeee :banana:

These pictures are fantastic! Thank you so much for sharing :goodvibes

We'll be arriving on Saturday!

Great pics. Thanks!

I was a little worried about the crowds when the UG predictions went from 5-7 to 8-9 for next week. However, my husband and I don't mind the crowds really, except at parade time when people get pushy to get in front of you.

Last summer we waited in line for Space Mountain at Disneyland for 1 hour and 47 minutes with 3 adults and 6 kids between us! It was nuts! :rotfl: We went in July, there was an earthquake the day we were there :scared1: so the rides were closed for a long time, then when they finally opened Space Mountain the "posted" wait time was 45 minutes until someone lost their glasses on the ride and they closed it down again! We almost jumped ship but I am soooooooooo glad we stuck it out in line until it reopened! Especially since Space Mountain is closed at WDW this year! My kids all loved it, even my 3 year old. Anyway, the point is we have fun at Disney even with 10 crowds. It is just funner when there is not so many people!:yay::yay::yay:

Oh and we went to customer relations at the end of the day and they gave us free 1 day park hopper passes just for sticking it out through the day with all the closed rides and chaos! Gotta love Disney!!!:wizard:

Thanks for posting! I love the small crowd pics :goodvibes We'll be arriving tomorrow morning!

On the one hand I want to say Great!,but continued low crowds mean less revenue for Disney,which leads to fewer new rides or attractions plus raising prices more plus fewer employees......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter