We're Gonna Need Some Cocktails! ~ A Sept 2017 PTR ~ Updated 10/2: All the Resort Drama

Elevationist

Princess No-Pants
::MickeyMo:butterfly::MinnieMo
We're Gonna Need Some Cocktails!
(Counting Down Until Our Mother/Daughter Adventure!)
:hug:
A September 2017 Pre-Trip Report

Hey, ya'll! Thaaaat's right, it's time for another @Elevationist pre-trip report!

This is going to be one MOTHER of a vacation! That's right, after years of asking, begging, pleading, bribing, crying, and really just general patheticness... My Mama has FINALLY agreed to a short mother/daughter trip with me to Walt Disney World! She's always saying how much she likes Disney and how much she likes rides, but anytime I would suggest us going together, she'd turn up her nose at the idea. But he's finally on board, albeit pessimistically. But that's okay! I'm going to make a believer out of her yet, by gawd!

And, like all things potentially awkward or disasterous... my goals here will be aided and abetted by alcohol. We're talking many many many cocktails here. I figure eventually either she'll get tipsy enough to loosen up and enjoy herself, or I'll drink enough that I just don't care anymore. Either way, bring on the booze!

THE DETAILS:

Who: Me and my Mama!
What: My 14th visit to Walt Disney World!
When: September 14-18, 2017
Where: Disney's Grand Floridian Resort, Outer Building Garden View
Why: A mother/daughter adventure, and celebration of Mama's birthday!

THE CAST:

princessday.jpg

ME: Billie, 35 years old princess:
WDW planning is my life. I work as a travel agent and my favorite part of my job are my Walt Disney World clients. I live in South Carolina, a mere 5-hour drive from WDW, but despite that fact I typically can still only do 1-2 trips each year. Because, like, bills and responsibilities and adulting and stuff. I am a single gal (bordering on old cat lady status), but I don't let that hold me back from going "home" and enjoying the one place on the whole planet where I feel truly content and in my element... DISNEY WORLD! :hyper:

mama.png

MAMA: Darla :hug:
She hasn't been to Walt Disney World in probably 30 years or so, not since the one and only trip we took there when I was a little girl. Her idea of vacationing has always been going to visit family with my stepfather, preferably staying in their 5th wheel camper trailer that she calls her "second home." So she's stepping well out of her comfort zone to have this adventure with me! She likes to sleep late, nap in the afternoon, and be home early. And HATES being in photos. (Sooooo... I've got my work cut out for me to make this an enjoyable trip for both of us!) Also, she loves Cinderella, and Anna from Frozen.

Last edited:
:flower1: {PROGRESS} :flower1:

Trip Dates? :thumbsup2 September 14-18, 2016

Resort? :thumbsup2 Disney's Grand Floridian Resort, Outer Building Garden View

Park Tickets? :thumbsup2 Squeezing one more trip out of my Annual Pass!

Disney Dining Plan? :thumbsup2 Always!

Memory Maker? :thumbsup2 Don't need it this time because unlimited PhotoPass downloads are included with the Annual Pass!

Booked Package? :thumbsup2 Locked in and good to go... with discounts!

Package Payment Progress? :upsidedow 9%

Additional Savings Progress? :sad2: 0%

Car Rental? :thumbsup2 Booked a Mid-Size through Enterprise (and they usually upgrade me)!

Scooter Rental? :headache: I still need to make these arrangements, as we're both going to need one!

Itinerary? :thumbsup2 Built and planned out, at least as much as I can until the park hours are released.

ADRs? :surfweb: On 03/18/17.

FastPasses? :surfweb: On 07/16/17.

Packing? :laughing: I still need to finish unpacking from the last trip!

Last edited:

Okay, I will settle for third...

I so want to go at this time...but does not look like that will happen. The good news is Matt starts a new job on October 10th.

How exciting! Your mama is so precious and pretty!!!

I think mom/daughter trips are THE BEST. I'm lucky enough to go to Orlando multiple times a year to see my parentals, and some of the most fun days my Mom and I have are making ADRs and FP+s the night before and then going to a park for lunch or Happy Hour and some rides and fireworks.

In fact, she's been blowing up my phone ALL DAY today with pictures of her solo on Test Track, trying some of our F&W favorites and enjoying a slushie martini before tonight's Eat to the Beat concert.

Can't wait to see what all you have planned!

I'm here and excited to read about the mother/daughter fun planning!
30 years ... I think your mom is long overdue for a Disney vacation!

I'm in! I love following trip reports of people going around the same time frame as myself, it makes me even more excited!

I absolutely looooove the little progress portion you have. It's genius!

I can't wait to read more!

I'm in for this too (of course)! Grand Floridian - how did I miss that? I'm jealous! We keep saying we're going to stay there, but with DVC rooms the studios are basically always booked :/ One of these days, maybe if we buy more points :P

Yes, I'm FIRST to post!!
You're so speedy!

I'm in Billie!
YAAAAY!

Okay, I will settle for third...

I so want to go at this time...but does not look like that will happen. The good news is Matt starts a new job on October 10th.
You'll make it happen, girl!

Grand Floridian - so swanky!

200.gif
That's actually what my first post is going to be about, whenever I get around to making it!

Another one eh???
Yes. Because, you know, I do SUCH an amazing job at managing just one PTR, I figured why not have THREE going at once?

Hooray!

I have to join in on this one as well! I've also been begging my mom to come with us to Disney, she says she'll come once I give her grand-babies to go with. o_O
Yeah, my Mom has accepted that she's never getting those. I'm an only child, and I've made it extremely clear to everybody in my life for years now that I am very much looking forward to my continued child-free existence on this earth.

How exciting! Your mama is so precious and pretty!!!

I think mom/daughter trips are THE BEST. I'm lucky enough to go to Orlando multiple times a year to see my parentals, and some of the most fun days my Mom and I have are making ADRs and FP+s the night before and then going to a park for lunch or Happy Hour and some rides and fireworks.

In fact, she's been blowing up my phone ALL DAY today with pictures of her solo on Test Track, trying some of our F&W favorites and enjoying a slushie martini before tonight's Eat to the Beat concert.

Can't wait to see what all you have planned!
Dang. Can I run away and join your family? Sounds like me and your Mom could seriously hang.

I'm here and excited to read about the mother/daughter fun planning!
30 years ... I think your mom is long overdue for a Disney vacation!
She really is!

Here and ready my little Face-painting, Fashionista friend! Let's do some Mother-Daughter TRing!!
YAY! I'm glad you made it here!

I'm in! I love following trip reports of people going around the same time frame as myself, it makes me even more excited!
I feel the same way!

I absolutely looooove the little progress portion you have. It's genius!

I can't wait to read more!
Steal the little progress portion for your PTR, if you like! I totally stole it myself from somebody forever ago!

I'm in for this too (of course)! Grand Floridian - how did I miss that? I'm jealous! We keep saying we're going to stay there, but with DVC rooms the studios are basically always booked :/ One of these days, maybe if we buy more points :P
You missed it because I'm being quiet about it so far. I'll explain in my first post (whenever I get around to writing it) just how such an indulgence came to be!

Your Mom looks like Paula Dean!!!
Ummm...

nope-paula.png

No. You're wrong.

I'm in again! I'm planning my trip for Sept 2017 too! I love reading PTRs for the same time.
Hooray! And so do I!

pixiedust:Work your magic girl!
I'mma try, girl!

Beautiful mama!
I wish she knew that. It's a fight to get her to take pics with me. I told her she's going to have to knock that crap off before our trip.

I'm here. This trip sounds like it's going to be great. I might be a little biased though because the Grand Floridian is me and my moms mother/daughter bonding place. I'm curious though, you already found a discount for that far out? That's awesome! Do you mind sharing where, because I would love to have my trips locked in early.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter