We're gonna love it after all...

mikedoyleblogger

DIS Veteran
My partner and I are heading back to WDW after three years, for our second adult trip together, and we're really looking forward to it! You may not believe that, because we're the DLR vets who had an icky time at WDW over Memorial Day/Monsters University weekend back in 2013 and wrote a blog post that lots (and lots and lots) of folks took exception to. But in the post I said we wanted to come back and give WDW and especially Epcot a second chance. So we're finally doing that!

This month (8/25-8/30) we're taking a last-minute trip back to the World. And we're committed to having an awesome time! How committed? We're staying next door to Epcot at Yacht Club and we have faith that the vibe of the Epcot resort area/Crescent Lake is exactly what we were looking for the first time around: the best pool and the best resort area at WDW! We really intend to let the second time be the charm, and and follow the advice of our WDW Whisperer friends.

And the only thing that may stop it from being awesome is that I already know I will never, ever, ever (ever, ever) get my partner out of Storm-Along Bay...

SAB is the best pool for sure! The water slide is fun too:-) We will be at the Beach Club this August (part of a triple resort split stay). Love this area. We like to walk to Epcot / boat to DHS as well as just walking around Crescent Lake. :cloud9: It does have great vibe! A favourite memory of mine is swimming in SAB at night and watching the fireworks from Epcot's Illumination while in the pool - very magical pixiedust: Hope you have a magical trip:goodvibes

I'm eating my words a little, because we'll no longer be staying at Yacht Club :-( But not for a bad reason. Actually, an unexpected really good one. We're six days out from our trip and found an amazing deal at CSR---which was on our short list in the first place--that cuts so much out of our resort bill, we're going to bridge our PHs to APs. Which I was going to do anyway--but now I don't have to do it as a surprise. My partner (usually very touchy about our Disney expenditures) is totally into it. So, maybe next time Yacht Club, but yay yay yay, now there's definitely going to be a next time!
:dancer:

Congratulations on the APs. My DH and I stayed at he CSR for one night this spring and loved it. Have it on our list to return My DD and I just planned a trip last Wednesday for August 25 thru August 29. If I see you in one of the parks I will come up and ask how your trip is going. Have a magical vacation.

Lucy

Congratulations on the APs. My DH and I stayed at he CSR for one night this spring and loved it. Have it on our list to return My DD and I just planned a trip last Wednesday for August 25 thru August 29. If I see you in one of the parks I will come up and ask how your trip is going. Have a magical vacation.

Lucy

Thanks! You too!

I'm not sure if I'm going to Trip Report here or just post on my blog (my TR wouldn't be as long as most here write) but...our mulligan WDW trip was like night and day. Three years ago we felt no magic and we thought we'd never set foot in WDW again. This time...we returned so eager to return, totally get it now, had to be scraped out of CSR and back on DME to head back to the airport. I'm totally in love with MK, DHS, AK. MK above all. Just plant me there and collect me a week later. We never did manage to love Epcot, but we don't dislike it anymore either and had a good time there. And we did come back with those annual passes, after all. So this time two Disneyland vets absolutely loved five days at Walt Disney World! (And we're going to have to expand our definition of where our home parks are about 3,000 miles wider now, too, because our hearts now want to be in both places.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter