We're going to Disneyland PARIS!!

GrowUp2BaPrincess

Mouseketeer
Hi,

We are going to Paris in three weeks, and we decided to bring the kids along. Being the Disney-loving family that we are, we can't imagine not visiting Disneyland while we are there. But, I don't have much time, and I know NOTHING about it. So, of course, I've come "home" to the boards where I plan and help others plan their trips to Florida and California...hoping to learn what I need to know...quickly! Thanks in advance!

We will be staying in Paris. It looks like Sundays and Mondays are pretty busy days (Louvre being closed on Monday, weekends typically busy, etc) so we can choose to go Tuesday or Wednesday.

We will take the RER from Paris (Luxembourg station). It looks like the trip takes an hour. So, how early do I need to be at the turnstiles?

How late does the RER run to get us back to Paris? I'm thinking that is the biggest need-to-know because we wouldn't want to be stranded!

We are huge planners when it comes to disney, so this is way out of my comfort zone. What one restaurant is a Must Do?

I'd love to hear the experience of someone who traveled to Disneyland from Paris central just for the day, what they accomplished, how it worked with the trains, etc.

Any information is greatly appreciated!!

Christy

Sorry, I can't help with travel from Paris - someone will be along to help with that soon I'm sure :goodvibes

There are some hints and tips on another thread here . If I had to do just one restaurant, then I'd choose Bistro Chez Remy in the Studios park. It is fantastically themed and has delicious food. Although you may need to book this when you arrive to be sure of a table.

Also check out www.dlpguide.com - lots of good info on here too.

Hope you have a lovely day and come back to tell us how you got on :thumbsup2

We just got back! Paris was amazing! We are also big Disney fans and decided that we were so close that we at lease had to check it out. Kids loved it! We loved it!

I plan everything for Disney; right down to the last detail but for this we just winged it and it was fabulous.

We took the Metro to the RER to Disneyland. It took us 1 hour and 45 minutes but we were at the end of the #9 at Port St. Cloud. Luxemborg is much closer. But it did take longer than google maps thought it would take. I'm not sure when the last train leaves the station for the return trip. We left the parks around 9:30. Disneyland was open until 11 that night/ Hollywood Studios closed at 9).

We booked our tickets on a Thursday for a Saturday at our hotel. We booked them on the French Disneyland site because they have an amazing deal....2 parks for 59 euros (52 for 10 and under). We used our hotels address and phone number and they printed them for us at the hotel. To get the rate you have to book at least 1 day in advance. The ticket gets you into both Disneyland and Hollywood Studios. If you haven't bought tickets yet this is a great deal!

The security bag check line was long. Took about 20 minutes to get through at 10:30am (parks opened at 10). Anyone without a bag can scoot through a "no bag" line with no waiting.

As far as eating, we wanted to make the most out of the day so we did quick service places (a taco place near Thunder Mountain and burgers in Hollywood Studios). There is also a great ice cream place on Main Street. We ate lunch at 11am to avoid crowds at the counters. We were glad we did this.

Our plan was to hit all the big rides in both parks ( we knew there was no way we could cover everything in one day). We did not fast pass because we didn't want to split up and race to the other side of the park to get a FP (had already done 2 full days of sightseeing..tired). So we just went from ride to ride and waited (or didn't..space mountain only had a 10 minute wait).

Just my opinion.....
Thunder Mountain - longer and better than Magic Kingdom ( line moved fairly fast)
Space Mountain - has loops and starts off like rock n roller coaster where you are launched from a stopped position; awesome
Pirates of the Caribbean - super cool; has more drops than MCO
Indiana Jones ride - so fun; has loops
we totally skipped Fantasyland as we wanted to hit fast rides in both parks
Star Tours - fun; line wasn't terrible.
It's a Small World was closed for renovations.
Rock n roller coaster - 10 minute line; I skipped but my family said it was a lot rougher than one in MCO
Studio tram tour - very short but had one cool special effects area that the kids loved
Crush's coaster - you might want to FP this one. Line was always crazy long! We skipped it
Ratatouille - absolutely loved this ride! Probably favorite in park. The line was crazy long so we all went in the singles line and basically rode at the same time since they put 6 people in a car and 4 cars go together.
RC Racer - kids loved this.
Tower of Terror - very long line. Might be a good one to fast pass. By the time we got to HS all fast passes were gone. A little different from MCO.

Train ride home was easy. You basically walk out of the park and the train is right there. It's packed on the way home. But the kids loved the double decker train. Took about 45 minutes to the center of Paris.

Have an amazing time!

Unfortunately crushes coaster doesn't have a FP line it's been tried and tested a few times and never worked so I'm afraid a 60-90 min wait is usual for it

Thanks for sharing! I'm happy you had a lovely visit!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter