We're going back! Wait, you're parents are coming?! A Sept 2012 PTR! Update 9/10!

Yeah we'll definitely check out the seas. We'll probably ride Nemo just for the heck of it because we really like the movie and everything, even though I think Matt thought it was really lame last time! LOL! I dunno if him and my parents will like Turtle Talk though. :sad2:

I keep hearing about the Grey Goose slushies and I'm torn between trying one of those or a jalapeno or maybe even an avocado margarita! However I'll have to take it easy on the alcohol because I get awfulll motion sickness and combining alcohol with rides probably isn't a good idea, even with the meds!

One more last update before I hit the hay for tonight! I forgot to mention that on our last night I changed our dinner plans around a bit.

I wanted to have one dinner to ourselves and let my parents have a dinner to themselves. SOOO I kept our ADR @ Tokyo Dining because that was the one place Matt and I ate at in 2010, and we had a really nice dinner there. I made an ADR for my parents at Via Napoli. I keep reading pretty good reviews about it on here so I think they're really going to like it! My mom is italian and they really love eating pizza so I think they'll really enjoy this meal!

Okay, that's all for now!!

Just peeking in letting you know I'm still hanging around :)

How about an update? Okay not really an update.. more like things I want to see/do/eat at each park! We'll start with Magic Kingdom since that will be our first stop on arrival day!!

I know I'll be using a snack credit on one of these bad boys!!

DoleWhip.jpg

I love almost ANYTHING pineapple, so I'm sure I'm going to LOVE the Dole Whip! I think I'm going to try the float, and probably the pineapple/vanilla swirl!! :cloud9:

The pineapple float if my absolute favorite thing to eat/drink at the World

As far as rides, we'll probably ride almost anything EXCEPT mad tea party and astro orbiter. I get really bad motion sickness, and while I take meds to help with it, going around and around and around for a few minutes just doesn't do it for me! :crazy2: I MIGHTT ride Dumbo to check out the new queue and everything. We'll see!

We skipped a few things in 2010 that I wanna see this year, or things i've never seen period..

Stich's Great Escape (skipped in 2010, and never seen)
CoP (skipped in 2010, and never seen)
Enchanted Tiki Room (Closed in 2010)
Small World (Skipped in 2010)
Philharmagic (Skipped in 2010)
Jungle Cruise (Skipped in 2010)

We did pretty much all the other big attractions in MK and I plan on trying to do that plus all the stuff listed above! I hope we can squeeze it all in!!

On to Epcot!
Test Track will be closed on our trip unless they finish it up ridiculously early and we get some crazy early soft opening!!! :genie: :laughing:

Okay, okay.. I know.

We love Spacheship Earth so that's a must...
along with..
Captain EO
Mission Space
Journey Into Imagination
Grand Fiesta Tour
Maelstrom
Soarin'

and mostly touring the World Showcase! We love Japan and looking at all the cool little snacks they have!
Daytona2010057.jpg

Daytona2010056.jpg

Yummmy! Little toasted fishes and crabs! :rotfl2:

Yuck! :crazy2:

(I'm not a fan of anything that lives in water...at least as food :p)
I've never done Ellen's Energy Adventure and hear it's about 45 minutes... If I think we have that kind of time to sit and do it we will but otherwise it's a skip again.
Also never been in Innoventions. Might go in there to check it out this time also but probably won't be a big chunk of our time.

We have an ADR for dinner at Coral Reef here and we're hopefully going to try Sunshine Seasons and/or La Cantina de San Angel!

Anything else I'm missing at Epcot?
I think you got pretty much everything in there :p, though you ARE missing Living with the Land, which (strangely enough) has always been one of my favorites. I'd also recommend the Behind the Seeds tour, if you were spending a little more time there. It's a great little tour (and pretty cheap too), but with such limited time, I don't see taking an hour out of the day for that.

I've actually never eaten at Sunshine Seasons, but I do love Cantina (of course, I'm a fan of Mexican food in general).

Yeah I do want to do Living with the Land this year! I forgot about that! I don't think we'll be able to do the behind the seeds tour though. Even though it is pretty affordable. I sprung for a surprise fishing trip for everyone so I'm paying for that for everyone! :boat:

Hi there! I have enjoyed reading all your plans. Sounds like a really great trip - and I'm sure your parents are thrilled to share the time with you and your DBF! (Speaking from my position as a mother of 3 grown children of course!)

You have given me a great idea for my DH next month - the fishing excursion! DD and & have made all the plans that include girl stuff but I think I need to surprise him with a morning of fishing! ;)

I have to say those fish & crab snacks look scary! I think I've seen the crabs (they're "candy" right?) but not the little fishies. :scared:

I look forward to reading more about your plans.

Hi there! I have enjoyed reading all your plans. Sounds like a really great trip - and I'm sure your parents are thrilled to share the time with you and your DBF! (Speaking from my position as a mother of 3 grown children of course!)

You have given me a great idea for my DH next month - the fishing excursion! DD and & have made all the plans that include girl stuff but I think I need to surprise him with a morning of fishing! ;)

I have to say those fish & crab snacks look scary! I think I've seen the crabs (they're "candy" right?) but not the little fishies. :scared:

I look forward to reading more about your plans.

Yay! Welcome!! Yeah, I think my dad and Matt are really going to enjoy the fishing! They both really love fishing so I think it will be a hit for sure!

Yes, I think the fish and crabs are supposed to be candy! They were so freaky I had to take a picture. Matt actually wanted to get some!! We like crazy, adventures food and all, but :crazy2:

And, yeah at 26 I spend TONS of time with my parents. Not only do I see my mom at work like 3-4 days a week, I see them every weekend because we live about 30 minutes away. We just got back from a hour and a half long bike ride then lunch! LOL!

Yeah we'll definitely check out the seas. We'll probably ride Nemo just for the heck of it because we really like the movie and everything, even though I think Matt thought it was really lame last time! LOL! I dunno if him and my parents will like Turtle Talk though. :sad2:

I keep hearing about the Grey Goose slushies and I'm torn between trying one of those or a jalapeno or maybe even an avocado margarita! However I'll have to take it easy on the alcohol because I get awfulll motion sickness and combining alcohol with rides probably isn't a good idea, even with the meds!

Other than WS- Turtle Talk is all my DBF talks about when we talk about Epcot and what we want to do! He and I loved it- it was so funny! I'm really surprised that he lists it as one of his favorites! He still remembers everything the kids said verbatim almost three years later.

I am so on board with you when it comes to the margaritas, although I'm a little afraid to try the jalapeno- but this is a must-stop on my trip :thumbsup2! And I'll second that- going easy on the alcohol and then riding, I get crazy motion sickness too, so I can relate :(

Other than WS- Turtle Talk is all my DBF talks about when we talk about Epcot and what we want to do! He and I loved it- it was so funny! I'm really surprised that he lists it as one of his favorites! He still remembers everything the kids said verbatim almost three years later.

I am so on board with you when it comes to the margaritas, although I'm a little afraid to try the jalapeno- but this is a must-stop on my trip :thumbsup2! And I'll second that- going easy on the alcohol and then riding, I get crazy motion sickness too, so I can relate :(
It's not spicy at all, just has a very peppery (vegetable pepper, not herb pepper) taste. I had one over at Maya Grill last year and it was pretty good (it was part of a margarita flight). I'm too big of a fan of the "classic" or "traditional" margarita though to order a jalapeno one over it though.

Hum.. I actually prefer spicy peppery too vegetable peppery (I don't really bell peppers) so I may not try the jalapeno one! Tough call!! We'll see!

On to Epcot!

One thing I definitely want to do here is Pick a Pearl!

pickapearl.jpg

I think the pearls are so pretty and I really like the gamble! :rotfl: I can't wait to see what I get! I'm not sure on the setting i'll pick out yet, maybe a ring? I don't want to get a necklace because Matt bought me an amazing diamond necklace for x-mas that I always wear on special occasions so I want to keep that necklace as my special one. I don't have any rings I wear so I'm thinking that will be cool if I can find something tropical looking, or Mickey themed even!

Test Track will be closed on our trip unless they finish it up ridiculously early and we get some crazy early soft opening!!! :genie: :laughing:

Okay, okay.. I know.

We love Spacheship Earth so that's a must...
along with..
Captain EO
Mission Space
Journey Into Imagination
Grand Fiesta Tour
Maelstrom
Soarin'

and mostly touring the World Showcase! We love Japan and looking at all the cool little snacks they have!
Daytona2010057.jpg

Daytona2010056.jpg

Yummmy! Little toasted fishes and crabs! :rotfl2:

I've never done Ellen's Energy Adventure and hear it's about 45 minutes... If I think we have that kind of time to sit and do it we will but otherwise it's a skip again.
Also never been in Innoventions. Might go in there to check it out this time also but probably won't be a big chunk of our time.

We have an ADR for dinner at Coral Reef here and we're hopefully going to try Sunshine Seasons and/or La Cantina de San Angel!

Anything else I'm missing at Epcot?

Ahh great update! :)
I'm so excited for pick-a-pearl! funny thing is, i have the opposite situation as you, my boyfriend gave me a ring for xmas so i need a necklace! hahaha

and i'm SO sad about test track :( i'm still hoping the fantasy land expansion will be done... REALLY EARLY :rotfl::lmao::rotfl2: just kidding :) it would be nice though...

those toasted fishies and crabs look so scary :p have you eve tried them?! :crazy2:

your plans sound great so far! :) I'm loving your updates!

60 DAYS!!!

:cool1: :yay: :dance3: :cheer2: :jumping1:

Woo Hoo! I feel like it's really getting close now! I'm paying off the balance tomorrow on both mine and matt's, and my parent's reservations, so it will really feel official then!

Not a whole lot is going on.. I went to a women's motocross appreciation event over the weekend. The company I work for (The Motorcycle Safety Foundation) donated some riding gear and a free class. A lot of women riders showed up so it was pretty cool!!

010.jpg

009.jpg

I'm in the black tank top (blonde) directly behind the little baby sitting on the motorcycle! Excuse my rough look, I had been riding all day and on top of that had a terrible migraine!

Another thing I wanted to share is I have a nest of baby birds outside our garage! They must of just hatched because they are very tiny! These pictures were actually taken last Wednesday, and they are already much bigger, looking around with their eyes open and very alert so they're probably ready to fly away soon!!

004-1.jpg

003-1.jpg

They're just too cute! I had to share!

Anyways, back to Disney stuff??

So The next park we'll be visiting is Animal Kingdom..

I've only been to this park one time on my graduation trip in 2004. On this trip, Dinosaur was closed for some reason, and EE was not even finished being built yet! SO it was a pretty boring visit for us. I'm pretty sure we got soaked on Kali River Rapids and then the rest of our day was ruined! LOL!

On my list for this trip:

Dinosaur
Primeval Whirl (I'm not sure how I didn't get sick on this, but I cracked up the whole time on this ride, so we'll ride it again!)
Expedition Everest
Finding Nemo the Musical
It's Tough to be a Bug (Even though I remember something jumping out of the chair and scaring me last time!!!)
Kilimanjaro Safari
MAYBE Pangani Exploration Trails (Depends if everyone feels like walking around!)
Kali River (IIFFFF we wear bathing suits and board shorts!!)

And we're definitely going to be getting some QS at Flame Tree BBQ!! I keep hearing great reviews about it on here so I think that's my choice for the day!!

And that's probably it. I doubt we'll ride the wildlife express train out to all the stuff that's out there. None of the stuff out there really interests me.

I'm sure this park will be a half day for us so he'll hop over to the MK, spend some time there, then ride the monorail over to the Poly for our ADR at O'hana, which I'm REALLYY looking forward too! PLEASEEE don't disappoint me O'hana!! :goodvibes

Not a whole lot has been going on around here. Pretty much the same old stuff. Work during the week and then I taught a class yestrday (Saturday) which makes today my only day off. :( Oh well. Not a big deal. If I teach a class it's more than TWICE what I make in one day at my regular job so it's lots of extra Disney money!! :yay:

I guess I'll just move on to the last park, DHS!

I have never ridden the infamous TSMM!! It was not there on our trip in 2004, since it didn't even open until 2008, so when we went in 2010, it was still the mad house wait it is today and of course Matt wanted to skip it! I'm realllyy hoping everyone will be down with RD for this park and we can get fastpasses for this early and maybe even ride it standy by when we grab fastpasses! We'll see how it all plays out.

Also on the list will be
Muppet Vision 3D
Rock N' Rollercoaster
Star Tours (I haven't ridden this since 2004 b/c it was down in 2010 for the rehurb!)
Backlot Tour
Great Movie Ride
Tower of Terror
Voyage of the Little Mermaid (Never seen this!)
Matt won't want to sit through the other shows like Lights, Motor, Action, or Beauty and the Beast. Even Indiana Jones can't get his attention and he LOVESSSS Indiana!

I also want to go to the Animation Academy. Matt used to draw all the time when he was younger and he's AMAZING at it so I think he'll really like this!! My parents however, can't draw a stick figure so I'm sure they'll get a kick out of it!

We'll prob eat QS at Pizza Planet cuz we like Toy Story and I think it's cute even though I keep hearing it's not very good. Unless anyone knows a good QS?

I know my snack credit for the day will be a cupcake from Starring Rolls. Hands Down. I have seen so many pictures on here and I can't stop drooling!!

I suspect this park won't take all day for us so we'll probably head out early and I'm hoping we can head out to DTD! We'll have to eventually cuz our ADR is at Bongos!! :laughing:

Well I think that's everything I wanted to do/see at Hollywood studios..

What?!? You've never ridden TSMM? Ahhh nevermind ... I haven't either! :lmao: Your DHS day sounds great - wonder if since we switched our schedule around if we'll be at the same parks on any days? I'd love to have a meet-up! :thumbsup2

Crazy question--is the girl in the front right in black named Nicole/Nikki? She looks like someone I graduated with.

Loving your trip report so far! This is the first time I'll be on the dining plan, so those dining cards are a great idea! Do you just cross off each credit as you use them with a sharpie or something?

Also, I'm in the midst of writing my own first pre-trip report and so I might have to steal your idea of park/trip must-do's! I love those!

Loving your trip report so far! This is the first time I'll be on the dining plan, so those dining cards are a great idea! Do you just cross off each credit as you use them with a sharpie or something?

Also, I'm in the midst of writing my own first pre-trip report and so I might have to steal your idea of park/trip must-do's! I love those!

Yeah I think some people punch them out with a hole punch but i'll prob just use a sharpie cuz a hole punch is a pain to carry around!!

And steal away any ideas! That's why I made the PTR, to share!

And Fantasyland Mom, the girl in the front, far right is Stefy Bau. She's a professional women's motocross racer! She had two broke ankles that day and was still riding to get ready for a national race coming up! :rolleyes:

Your day at DHS sounds like a blast! :)
you definitely need to ride TSMM and the voyage of the little mermaid.. i feel like i've told you that before already though :lmao:!

I can't waaaait to try a cupcake from staring rolls.. can you believe I haven't yet? i'm drooling just thinking about it :yay:

Not much is going on but I feel like I need to make some kind of update! I started a running/walking program. I was trying to run/walk before but I always had an excuse not to do it! I just started Couch 2 5K and got the app on my phone and I'm on day 2 of that! I'm hoping i'll be able to lose a couple extra lbs before our trip and then continue from there. My long term goal would be to run a 5k soon and then hopefully work up to run a race at Disney to give me another excuse to go!!!

That's pretty much it right now though... 47 days to go and I sort of started soft packing. Just threw some toiletries together and some other small things i bought at Target like ponchos! Not much else to do but sit and wait I guess!!! :hourglass

I'm joining! Haven't had a chance to read through your whole thread yet but I'm about too!

You are so close! You must be very excited

Congrats on starting the C25k program - that's great! :yay: I know I need to be walking more, too. Promised myself I would start last Monday (that didn't happen). :rolleyes1 Threatened myself with no more new clothes for our trip unless I start today. We'll see. :laughing:

Yay for 47 days! :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter