We're goin' back

MikeJ

Retrait is finally here...
Just got off the phone with DVC Member Services and booked 6 nights in a 1BR at OKW for late August. With our oldest hitting high school this year we're a little more reluctant about pulling him out of school for a week. In the past late August was never an option; DS played competitive soccer, and DD had competitive hockey tryouts. Well, the soccer team folded (lack of interest) so he'll just be playing house league (which finishes mid-August) and the hockey tryouts are in May, rather than August this year.

WDW, here we come... :p

- Mike

Any room in your suitcases for 2?LOL

Have fun!

Scratch
:smooth:

Sounds great Mike. We were thinking late August next year also because our oldest is also hitting high school so let me know what you think of that time of year. On another note how is hockey going? My gold medal winner isn't even going to make provincials this year, oh well. My oldest DD is there in the bantam "BB" division. Our tryouts will also be held in may this year, maybe something new everyone is trying out.

The Free Press had a very nice article about the girls last week. They went 12-2-2 in league play and have lost 4 tournament finals to hated Brampton. They're in the midst of playdowns right now with 2 of 3 teams in our group going to the provincials (this is PeeWee AA). They beat Bluewater 5-1 last night and one more win either Thursday or Friday will get them in.

I think we were in the same hotel last year, so we'll have to do a better job of holding a mini-DIS meet at this provincials this year. And it will be a bigger crowd if the Peterborough contingent was able to find a hotel room that weekend. :)

- Mike

I'm a little jealous,Mike.After you stuff scratch in your suitcase,maybe you can find room for me,hehehe.I was a little reluctant about pulling my DS out of high school(we are headed down there on Dec.15 for Christmas)but he goes to a high school where the learning is self paced so he will be able to get himself ahead before we go(he will be in grade 10)plus he will be bringing his units to do in the car to keep himself busy.;)

That's great news, Mike. I know what you mean about not pulling the kids out of high school. We've always taken our holidays during the kids vacation periods. For this trip they weren't sure whether they were coming with us or not so we booked during March Break. Even though they decided to stay home, I still feel better not having to worry about them getting to school on time. Maybe one day, I'll be able to stop worrying about them! :rolleyes:

Mike we are at Stage west again this year. Glad to hear your DD is doing so well. You will be playing against a Ptbo Peewee "AA" team also so I will definetely try to catch that game. If you get your schedule before you head down let me know where and when and if not I will check it out in the program.

In the past we've been broken into a number of pools, so there's no guarantee we'd be in the same pool as Ptbo. Once we get a copy of our schedule and know where we'll be staying I'll send you a PM.

You know, it's funny how a discussion of our upcoming trip to WDW has been hijacked by a hockey thread. Sigh. :eek:

- Mike

But mike what is more important than Hockey and Disney to a mouse crazed Canadian how about a hockey tournament @ WDW now that would be a great idea.

Oh Mike one more question have you stayed in a 2bdrm @ either OKW or BWV we are debating the 2 of them for Dec we like OKW because it is alot less points but love the proximity of BWV to MGM and Epcot let us know what your thoughts were on the 2 places. Congrats on the trip in August to.

We stayed in a 2BR at BWV last Christmas with 4 adults and 2 kids aged 10 & 12. All the 2BR at BW are lockoffs, so I can compare the 1BR portion with a 1BR at OKW (we've never stayed in a 2BR at OKW). The biggest difference is the size of the kitchen/dining area - it's tiny at BW compared to OKW. It was difficult to get 4 people to sit at the table in BW let alone 6. Your kids are younger so it may not be as much of an issue for you. But we walked to both Epcot and MGM from BW which is very convenient (we also used the boats). The only drawback to OKW as far as I'm concerned is the distance/travel time to some of the parks.

That having been said, we will continue to primarily use OKW because we really like the more laid-back atmosphere there as well as the larger units.

- Mike

Thanks Mike that was very helpfull and much appreciated. We will be traveling with 9 people Myself Lisa and the 3 kids plus my dad and my brother and sister brother 13 sister 20 and her boyfriend 21 they are getting the lockout half of the room. Our ids will only be 1 21/2 and 7 so they don't take up much space for the larger side of the room. Do you have any pics of the rooms at all you could send to us if so let me know.
Darren

I'll look through the pics and see what we have. We're off to Vermont to do some skiing over March Break (we leave tomorrow) so I won't get to it until we return. Send me a PM in case I forget. :)

- Mike

No problem thanks Mike BTW can I come skiing with you hehehe.

No. :teeth: :teeth:

We had to take the back bench out of the van, so there's only room for four. Sorry. :cool:

- Mike

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter