We're Doing Disney Again Someday...Plus One! ~ Come Read my Trip Report!!!

Ok. I can't figure out how to break up a quote so I just wrote inside the quote :D
I do it by putting the "end quote" thing (bracket, slash, "QUOTE", bracket) at the end of each quoted section and copying the "begin quote" thing at the beginning of each new section (bracket, "QUOTE=", username; #, bracket). Hope that makes sense. Hard to do it without actually doing it. :lmao:

----It would be so fun! Maybe one day we'll end up there at the same time and can hit a few rides together! -----
That would be so fun! Maybe someday! :goodvibes

----Haha yeah, Caden decided for a while that he needed to stand or ride in the back of the cart. Super annoying. I finally just had to put my foot down, strap him in, and deal with a screaming toddler at the store. Only took a few minutes of me ignoring him scream for him to realize that his cart surfing days were over. wasn't fun though. And if I don't strap him in now he flips around as soon as he realizes that I didn't use the straps. Little stinker! Haha---
I'm going to have to work on tightening straps. I had both the cart strap and the cart cover strap around her, fairly tight (but not like car-seat-strap-tight) and she still was able to repeatedly wriggle around backwards and then she could stand. If that doesn't work, I might be able to use one of the two-seat carts with a 5-point harness if there are extras (don't want to take them from someone who actually has two kids). Hopefully she gets over this phase quickly.

---it's really awesome. Though we're right at a year from when he was the most fun. Looking back at his 6 month photos make me miss baby Caden. However toddler Caden is just so smart and funny and I love getting to know his little person. He's not a baby anymore, he has opinions and ideas. It's just so cool.
I agree with that already. Getting to know her actual personality and such is so fun. And will get more so, I'm sure, as her communication gets better.

I will say, when he hit about 15 months we had a few weeks of a rough patch. He finally hit toddlerhood and I was still treating him like a baby. I had to totally reassess my parenting to allow him some choices and freedom. One thing we do every morning now is let him choose his shirt. I pick 2 out and then hold them in front of him and he picks the one he wants to wear. Just little things like that have given him the feeling of having some control and things got a lot easier once I realized that. I found the book "secrets of the baby whisperer for toddlers" and it really helped me figure out how to relate to Caden as a miniature person instead of just a baby. I highly recommend it! ----
Thanks for the recommendation - I'll keep that in mind! That scares me about the 15 month rough patch, as Dug Baby baby will be 14.5 months in WDW. I guess I can let her choose which ride next. :)

Yep! Jan 2015. He'll be 2 yrs 9 months. I'm already planning in my head. It's so much fun to dream about it. And I've been reading TR about toddlers and kinda figuring out what reasonable expectations are. I'm a planner and like to have a good idea of what to expect! :-)
Nothing wrong with planning ahead! I saw your other update, by the way, so I'll respond there when I can. Loved it!

I just read through your 1 YEAR update OMG! She is so stinking cute how is she a year old. Wow. This time last year we were almost off on our FIRST adventure to Disney with aria. Wow how time has changed things!
Amazing how fast time changes things with a little one! I feel like I was just reading about Aria being born and look at her now...she's a WDW veteran! :rotfl:

I love the professional photos. And your monthly ones - reminds me of those good times.

Sorry I haven't been around much but love your updates and can't wait until your trip!!
Thanks so much! :goodvibes

Hi, all! Hope everyone's had a good weekend! I have a couple stories to share before I get into our updated plans:

I'm still a bit freaked out by our drive home from the in-laws' tonight. But so thankful that everything was fine. We were on a 55 mph 2-lane highway that has a lot of little hills (so, not great visibility at all times). Normally not an issue. However, tonight, we were coming over a little hill and I saw the car in front of us hitting their brakes, so I did too. Once we got over the hill, we saw a bunch of cars completely stopped (both directions) and some people in the middle of the road running after a tiny dog. Yikes. :scared1: However, I wasn't just scared for them...I was absolutely terrified that we were going to get rear-ended at 55 mph. We were JUST over the top of the hill and an approaching car would have no idea there was a stopped vehicle there. We were trying to figure out what to do and hoping things would move quickly. There had been nobody right behind us, but I didn't think it would be long before someone would come along. In retrospect, I probably should have turned around and gone the other way. But that would have been risking having my driver side (and the side Dug Baby was on) exposed. But I hated having her in the backseat with a very real risk of a major accident looming. There had been a lot of cars on that road today, it was just a matter of time. However, while we were panicking and inching forward, the people got the dog scooped up and traffic started moving forward right away, thankfully (while the people were still walking down the side of the road holding their dog). In all, we were maybe there a couple minutes tops, but it felt like forever. No cars caught up with us until we were moving along again. We were so, so lucky nobody was within a couple of minutes behind us. :worship: No real Disney point to this story (unless I claim "Disney magic" :wizard:), but sure shakes you up. Not sure I'll take that route as much anymore. We'll see. It's not everyday that someone is chasing a dog in the middle of a road like that, I guess.

Anyway, the much cooler story of the day was from this morning. We went to a church "harvest festival" and were sitting at a picnic table enjoying our hot dogs. Another family joined us and we noticed they had a WDW resort mug. We got to talking and they are big Disney fans as well. Very in favor of bringing young kids. Currently saving for a Disney cruise. But, the coolest thing is that the woman's sister won a contest and they all got to stay in the Cinderella castle suite overnight! :cool1: She told us all about it and how they also got a private guide as part of the prize. Sounded amazing! I can't believe we met someone who stayed there...that's got to be a pretty small group of people who can claim that. I thought it was funny when she was talking about the awesome bathtub with the star lights on ceiling and all...and they were giving the kids baths in it. She was wishing she was there by herself to really enjoy it.

So, moving on...we spent our Friday night updating and revising our Disney plans. Here's what we've got now (bearing in mind that, if we get Fast Pass+, we may modify some things a bit):

Day 1 - Sat. 12/7/13:
Get to airport around 11am for 1pm flight
Hope Dug Baby gets good nap on flight
Arrive MCO around 5pm and take Magical Express to the Poly
Check in and unpack, if time
8:10pm ADR for dinner at Kona Cafe (7:10pm Central time - Dug Baby usually goes to bed around 7-7:30pm, so this may be pushing it a bit, but we'll hope for the best)
If MK stays open late, Dug OR Dugette goes to MK after Dug Baby goes to bed

Day 2 - Sun. 12/8/13:
Take monorail over to Grand Floridian Cafe for 7am breakfast ADR (I'm a bit concerned, because this is early after a slightly late night)
Maybe check out GF holiday decorations/gingerbread house, if time
Get to MK for 8am rope drop, if possible
Enchanted Tales with Belle
Peter Pan's Flight
Little Mermaid
Meet Ariel
Dumbo
Meet Fab 5 at circus tent
Try for 11am lunch at Be Our Guest
Check out the Casey Jr. splash pad, if Dug Baby is interested
Return to Poly for break/nap and maybe swimming
Around 3pm, back to the MK
Maybe grab a waffle sandwich to snack on from Sleepy Hollow
Haunted Mansion
It's a Small World
Philharmagic
Carousel
Winnie the Pooh
Mad Tea Party
Around 5pm, have dinner at Cosmic Rays
After dinner, take a boat to Ft. Wilderness and take a sleigh ride at 7pm (need to reserve this still)
Return to Poly for Dug Baby's bedtime and maybe Dug goes to Kona for sushi

Day 3 - Mon. 12/9/13:
Get to 9am rope drop at Epcot
Epcot character spot
Breakfast at Sunshine Seasons - trade off eating and riding Soarin'
Living with the Land
Seas with Nemo and Turtle Talk
Figment and Image Works
Test Track (rider swap)
Around 11am, head into World Showcase and walk through Canada, England, & France
Have lunch either at the new French bakery or new restaurant in Morocco, if open
Improvised naptime for Dug Baby this day (I should mention that she's been alternating between one and two naps lately, so we're thinking she'll probably be at one nap by the time we go two months from now) - nap in stroller while walking through Epcot or at the Beach Club solarium (where we once napped)
Maybe grab a No Way Jose at Beaches 'n' Cream
Check out Epcot resort holiday decorations
Around 3pm, head to DHS
Meet up with friends at DHS (husband and wife and 3 young kids)
Grab dinner or snacks somewhere (a bit undecided on where...DHS doesn't have a lot of good quick-service options)
Honey I Shrunk the Kids Playground
Osbourne Lights
Toy Story Mania, if we get Fast Pass +
7 or 8pm - return to the Poly for Dug Baby's bedtime
Dug OR Dugette goes to the MK for EMH (whoever didn't go the other night)

Day 4 - Tues. 12/10/13:
7:30am ADR for breakfast at Kona Cafe
Get to Animal Kingdom for 9am rope drop
Safari
Animal trails
Flights of Wonder
Jungle trek
Everest (rider swap)
Boneyard
Triceratop Spin
Meet Goofy and Pluto?
Maybe rider swap Dinosaur?
Festival of the Lion King
Meet Holiday Mickey and Minnie
Meet Russell and Dug
Check out other trails, oasis
Head to Kidani Village for lunch at Sanaa at 2:15pm
Return to the Poly after lunch
Nap and pool time
7:50pm dinner at 'Ohana
Bedtime

Day 5 - Weds. 12/11/13:
Get to MK early and take pictures in front of empty Main Street/castle
8:35am ADR for breakfast at Crystal Palace
Pirates
Jungle Cruise
Tiki Room
Aladdin's Magic Carpets
Meet and greets: Fairies, Aladdin/Jasmine?, Chip 'n' Dale
Country Bears (Dug Baby is very into teddy bears lately)
11:30am lunch at Columbia Harbor House
1pm - return to the Poly for nap/swimming
3:30pm - Photo Shoot on Poly Beach (need to reserve this still) - mini session (in addition to having PhotoPass for the trip)
6pm - dinner ADR at Boma - check out animal viewing areas
8pm - return to Poly and Dug maybe gets sushi again

Day 6 - Thurs. 12/12/13:
8:30am - bus to Downtown Disney
9am - breakfast at Wolfgang Puck Express
Rather than buying all our Christmas gifts at WDW as we did in 2010 and 2011, we'll just browse and only get gifts if something jumps out at us. Less stress.
Christmas Store (maybe an ornament to commemorate Dug Baby's first visit?)
Mickey's Pantry (to restock our spice supply)
Lego Store (Dug Baby may enjoy)
World of Disney
Once Upon a Toy
Lunch at Earl of Sandwich
Maybe a treat at Ghirardelli
Return to the Poly around 1pm for naps
We talked about going to Artist Point for dinner, but they open too late to get to the Christmas Party. Maybe go to the Wilderness Lodge anyway to check out the holiday decorations and grab food in the Territory Lounge instead?
MVMCP - not positive we'll do this, but we'll see how Dug Baby is about sleeping in her stroller and decide while on the trip, probably

Day 7 - Friday 12/13/13:
7:30am - breakfast ADR at 'Ohana
Head to DHS for 9am rope drop
Toy Story
Star Tours and maybe watch Jedi Training
Maybe Muppets
Maybe Little Mermaid
Disney Jr. (Dug Baby doesn't watch TV yet, but she loves characters and music and dancing, so she'd probably enjoy this)
Meet characters in Animation Building
Noon - lunch ADR at Brown Derby for Cobb Salad
Around 1pm - leave to go back to Poly for naptime
Around 4pm - take monorail to Epcot
Disney Visa Meet & Greet, if line isn't too bad
Maelstrom
Epcot Storytellers
6pm - light dinner at Tutto Gusto
Voices of Liberty? Listen in to Candlelight Processional?
Mexico boat ride
Stop by Cava del Tequila?
8:45pm ADR at Hacienda to have apps/desserts and watch Illuminations, depending on what's best for Dug Baby at this time

Day 8 - Sat. 12/14/13:
8am rope drop at Magic Kingdom
Meet Mickey & Minnie and princesses
Breakfast - maybe Starbucks?
Buzz Lightyear
Maybe Speedway, but she'll probably be too short still
Maybe Laugh Floor?
Peoplemover!
Maybe get Dug Baby's first haircut this morning (she still has minimal hair)
11am - return to the Poly and have lunch at Captain Cook's
Around 1pm - Magical Express for 3:55pm flight home
Arrive MSP around 6:30pm and head home and go to bed - rest up the next day

So, there we go. More relaxed schedule than before. Still subject to change, of course. Any feedback?

What a scary driving moment! I have a ton of those type of roads where I live, and people are usually nuts on them. Thank goodness that's all there was to that story.

How cool that you met someone who stayed in Cinderella's Castle! You know there are people who have, but you never expect to actually meet them! :rotfl: I wonder how staying at a regular Disney resort compares after that? Or how it must be to walk down Main Street, knowing you've slept in there...

Your plans for your trip look good. You didn't overload yourself with a lot, and you're going with the understanding that all those things could change as the trip progresses. I'm sure with Dug Baby being over 1 on the trip, you'll have an easier time getting her on some of the rides and meeting characters.
Plus, I think starting off with several breakfasts, where she can get some fresh fruit and such will put her in a good mood, not to mention starting her day off gradually. First with the restaurant crowds, then moving up to park crowds.

And just as a heads up, the 7th is when the MK will be filming the Christmas Parade (supposedly) so the park might be crowded that evening, so if one of you do decide to drop in for a bit, just be aware of that.

Looks good!! I tried to read it and pretend I was doing all that with Caden at this age (though he's 2 months older now than dug baby will be). The only thing I think might be hard(ish) is your dtd day. I would just mentally prepare to take breaks while shopping and let her run around. Caden is pretty content to hang in his stroller especially with lots to look at but after shopping that long he would need to let off some steam. And I wouldn't be letting him down in the store cause he'd pull things off the shelves! Lol So just remember to be on the lookout for fun places for her to run around a bit in between stores.

Otherwise I think it looks awesome!! And I betcha she naps fine in the stroller, the resort breaks might end up being more for getting away from all the stimulation. The other day we were at the mall for a long time and Caden knocked out in his stroller and slept 2 hrs (his normal nap length). I was surprised but happy to know he can take a full nap in his stroller. He did last an hour longer awake than he does at home. (If we had been at home we would have taken his nap at 1, he didn't crash in the stroller til 2). So if she's not crashing in the stroller right on time maybe just give it a little longer. Or go into a darker attraction (hall of presidents?).

You're gonna have so much fun!!! This makes me wish I could take Caden now! He would love it!!

Oh and the time change is something that scares me for our trip next year. I'm eager to see how it goes for you!!
I know I'll be able to keep him out late (bedtime is 8 central time so 9 Florida time and he does fine being kept up a little late) my worry is with trying to hit rope drop and waking him up early every day. We may just have to be choosy about what rope drops we do.

I can't remember if I've posted here or not, but Hello either way! Your DD is so cute!! I love all of the pictures. And you can never have too many Minnie Mouse outfits!

The Poly is so amazing, I really hope that the construction isn't a bother for you while you are there.

Day 1 - Sat. 12/7/13:
8:10pm ADR for dinner at Kona Cafe (7:10pm Central time - Dug Baby usually goes to bed around 7-7:30pm, so this may be pushing it a bit, but we'll hope for the best)

In our experience - don't push a nap because hte only time Aria has gotten cranky on a flight is when we try to make her nap! As long as we gave her enough to do (ipad, books, toys, etc) she was content. Might be a bit late of an evening - might depend on how her nap goes!

Kudos to you guys for planning to split up to spend baby free time at the parks!! I couldn't stay up late LOL but I wish I could!

Day 2 - Sun. 12/8/13:
Take monorail over to Grand Floridian Cafe for 7am breakfast ADR (I'm a bit concerned, because this is early after a slightly late night)
Peter Pan's Flight
Little Mermaid
Meet Ariel
Dumbo
Haunted Mansion
It's a Small World
Philharmagic
Carousel
Winnie the Pooh
Mad Tea Party
After dinner, take a boat to Ft. Wilderness and take a sleigh ride at 7pm (need to reserve this still)

WOW you have a lot planned for this day!! :goodvibes Sounds like fun! I will say that Aria would nap for 4+ hours after such a busy day so sometimes we had a lot less time than we planned to go back - it's partially why we liked just letting her nap in the stroller bc her naps wouldn't be as long (though this day is probably a good day to be sure Isabella gets in a good nap after her busy day yesterday.

Day 3 - Mon. 12/9/13:
Epcot character spot
Living with the Land
Figment and Image Works
Test Track (rider swap)
Around 11am, head into World Showcase and walk through Canada, England, & France
Have lunch either at the new French bakery or new restaurant in Morocco, if open
Improvised naptime for Dug Baby this day (I should mention that she's been alternating between one and two naps lately, so we're thinking she'll probably be at one nap by the time we go two months from now) - nap in stroller while walking through Epcot or at the Beach Club solarium (where we once napped)
Around 3pm, head to DHS
Grab dinner or snacks somewhere (a bit undecided on where...DHS doesn't have a lot of good quick-service options)
Osbourne Lights

Sounds like a perfect day!! And you can make the walk from EPCOT to DHS while she is napping, too, it is such a nice walk! Be sure to sit on the floor for Turtle Talk, Aria loves being with the other kids and no one bats an eye when i sit down there with her.

Day 4 - Tues. 12/10/13:
Safari
Animal trails
Flights of Wonder
Jungle trek
Everest (rider swap)
Boneyard
Triceratop Spin
Meet Goofy and Pluto?
Meet Russell and Dug
Nap and pool time
Bedtime

Looks like another perfect day! LOVE Sanaa!! And pool time will be great that afternoon maybe between nap and dinner.

Day 5 - Weds. 12/11/13:
Pirates
Jungle Cruise
Tiki Room
Aladdin's Magic Carpets
3:30pm - Photo Shoot on Poly Beach (need to reserve this still) - mini session (in addition to having PhotoPass for the trip)

Why would Dug get sushi after Boma?! LOL. Sounds great, so glad you are doing CP before the park opens. I can't wait to check out the new princess hall, did you say you were doing that some day?

Day 6 - Thurs. 12/12/13:
Rather than buying all our Christmas gifts at WDW as we did in 2010 and 2011, we'll just browse and only get gifts if something jumps out at us. Less stress.
World of Disney
Once Upon a Toy
We talked about going to Artist Point for dinner, but they open too late to get to the Christmas Party. Maybe go to the Wilderness Lodge anyway to check out the holiday decorations and grab food in the Territory Lounge instead?
MVMCP - not positive we'll do this, but we'll see how Dug Baby is about sleeping in her stroller and decide while on the trip, probably

This is the day we arrive! Staying at the wilderness lodge! Though we have 4:30 reservations for HDDR so I'm thinking we'd miss you if you came to the WL beforE MVMCP! It would be fun to meet up though, our plan is to get there around 10 or so, spend some time at the pool before Aria naps in the room, then dinner and then carriage ride around fort wilderness.

Day 7 - Friday 12/13/13:
Toy Story
Maybe Muppets
Maybe Little Mermaid
Disney Jr. (Dug Baby doesn't watch TV yet, but she loves characters and music and dancing, so she'd probably enjoy this)
Maelstrom
Epcot Storytellers
Mexico boat ride
8:45pm ADR at Hacienda to have apps/desserts and watch Illuminations, depending on what's best for Dug Baby at this time

We are going to MK today with California grill for dinner. You NEED to stop at la cava! best margarita i've ever had (need to get the kind but they are all amazing as i'm sure you know). Sounds like a great day, again! Disney Jr. is fun and meeting the characters will be great - I am so hoping to meet Sofia but not sure when we will have a chance in Dec...

Day 8 - Sat. 12/14/13:
Buzz Lightyear
Maybe Laugh Floor?
Peoplemover!

So, there we go. More relaxed schedule than before. Still subject to change, of course. Any feedback?

Another day we will cross paths - we have breakfast at Kona planned this morning but lunch at GFC so we will be over there probably before you get back to the Poly. Oh, here you are meeting princesses! I wish minnie and mickey were together, but the circus tent is fun to meet 4 of them in fun costumes, and mickey up front is sort of a pain! I'm glad we can "say" we got Aria's first haircut at Disney, even though we only had her trim a little hair around her ears. It was a fun experience while still being inexpensive. Id make a reservation though!

My comments are in red :goodvibes

Also I was just perusing Allears and noticed you will be there the same time as Deb's private illuminations party!! 12/8!! Have you considered doing that?? I so wish we could be there for it. :goodvibes

edit - looks like it is 18+ ...

What a scary driving moment! I have a ton of those type of roads where I live, and people are usually nuts on them. Thank goodness that's all there was to that story.
Yes, thank goodness. I still keep thinking about how the odds of not have ANY vehicles for that long behind us had to be very low. And I saw a semi-truck going the other way...what if that had been behind us? Or a motorcycle? No scenario would have ended well. We were just so, so lucky that we were somehow the last in a long line of vehicles.

How cool that you met someone who stayed in Cinderella's Castle! You know there are people who have, but you never expect to actually meet them! :rotfl: I wonder how staying at a regular Disney resort compares after that? Or how it must be to walk down Main Street, knowing you've slept in there...
Yeah, I didn't think commenting on their Disney resort mug would lead to that! I'm sure nothing quite compares! What an amazing memory for them! Although, she did say she wished her kids were a bit older so they'd have more memories of it. It's probably strange to look at the castle and know what's behind certain windows.

Your plans for your trip look good. You didn't overload yourself with a lot, and you're going with the understanding that all those things could change as the trip progresses. I'm sure with Dug Baby being over 1 on the trip, you'll have an easier time getting her on some of the rides and meeting characters.
Plus, I think starting off with several breakfasts, where she can get some fresh fruit and such will put her in a good mood, not to mention starting her day off gradually. First with the restaurant crowds, then moving up to park crowds.
Good points. I hadn't even really thought about that with the breakfasts, but that makes sense.

And just as a heads up, the 7th is when the MK will be filming the Christmas Parade (supposedly) so the park might be crowded that evening, so if one of you do decide to drop in for a bit, just be aware of that.
Oh, that's good to know. Hopefully the crowds will have gotten tired and gone home by the time we get there! :rotfl:

Looks good!! I tried to read it and pretend I was doing all that with Caden at this age (though he's 2 months older now than dug baby will be). The only thing I think might be hard(ish) is your dtd day. I would just mentally prepare to take breaks while shopping and let her run around. Caden is pretty content to hang in his stroller especially with lots to look at but after shopping that long he would need to let off some steam. And I wouldn't be letting him down in the store cause he'd pull things off the shelves! Lol So just remember to be on the lookout for fun places for her to run around a bit in between stores.
Excellent points on the shopping! I can just see her grabbing for everything in the stores! She is generally very content in her stroller for quite awhile, but we'll definitely make it a point to pull her out to play. Maybe in the splash pad area, if it's warm. I think it will help that we don't have a strong must-buy agenda as we have in the past. More just casually looking around, for the most part.

Otherwise I think it looks awesome!! And I betcha she naps fine in the stroller, the resort breaks might end up being more for getting away from all the stimulation. The other day we were at the mall for a long time and Caden knocked out in his stroller and slept 2 hrs (his normal nap length). I was surprised but happy to know he can take a full nap in his stroller. He did last an hour longer awake than he does at home. (If we had been at home we would have taken his nap at 1, he didn't crash in the stroller til 2). So if she's not crashing in the stroller right on time maybe just give it a little longer. Or go into a darker attraction (hall of presidents?).

You're gonna have so much fun!!! This makes me wish I could take Caden now! He would love it!!
Come join us then! ;) It will be so fun when you do take Caden, I'm sure!

Thanks for all the feedback. I hope she does good with stroller naps. I figure it's easier to plan to go back for naps and maybe not have to than to plan on stroller napping and not be able to do it. When we've traveled by ourselves, we've found the resort breaks are great for us too. She's done a bit of napping in her stroller, but we haven't really been out and about all day like we will be at WDW.

Oh and the time change is something that scares me for our trip next year. I'm eager to see how it goes for you!!
I know I'll be able to keep him out late (bedtime is 8 central time so 9 Florida time and he does fine being kept up a little late) my worry is with trying to hit rope drop and waking him up early every day. We may just have to be choosy about what rope drops we do.
Yeah, I'm a little concerned about that too. Dug Baby seems fairly flexible on sleeping and waking, but I don't want to go too far and screw her up and get her over-tired. We'll see how it goes.

I can't remember if I've posted here or not, but Hello either way! Your DD is so cute!! I love all of the pictures. And you can never have too many Minnie Mouse outfits!

The Poly is so amazing, I really hope that the construction isn't a bother for you while you are there.
I know I've seen you around, but I can't remember either! But :welcome: anyway! :rotfl: And thank you! I'm glad we can't have too many Minnie Mouse outfits, because we seem to have more than I'd even think possible!

I can't wait to relax at the Poly! I just hope it remains relaxing and beautiful with the construction going on.

My comments are in red :goodvibes
Thank you so much for all of the feedback!

Yeah, we won't push her to nap on the plane, but I'm thinking that her regular nap will probably fall during that time (she's just been taking one long nap lately from about noon-2 or so). And we'll bring plenty of things to occupy her.

I hope I can still do the late nights! I'm on such an early schedule these days that it's harder than it used to be. It's 10pm now and I'm wiped out!

Wow, a 4 hour nap?! If Dug Baby goes 2:15, I'm surprised.

As for Dug getting sushi after Boma, we'll see. :rotfl: He loves sushi, but I don't know that we thought that part through.

Yes, it would be great if we can figure out a way to meet up...baby DIS-meet for the girls! :rotfl: Our plans are always subject to change, so we'll see how things are looking as we get closer, I guess! Maybe we can cross paths at the right time one of those days.

We did go to La Cava once before and I loved the Avocado Margarita. Mmmm!

Also I was just perusing Allears and noticed you will be there the same time as Deb's private illuminations party!! 12/8!! Have you considered doing that?? I so wish we could be there for it. :goodvibes

edit - looks like it is 18+ ...
Oh, that sounds fun! Too bad it's 18+ (and pricey). We were also super-bummed when we realized, shortly after booking our airfare, that the night before we arrive is a ride-as-much-as-you-can Toy Story Mania party! We totally would have signed up for that!

Day 1 - Sat. 12/7/13:

Does Dug baby sleep well in the car? If she is going to be in her own seat in her car seat then it shouldn't be a problem. I nursed Gavin during take off, then put him in his car seat and he was out in a few minutes. At that time though (9 months old) he did well in the car and it put him to sleep. I know it would be a different story now for Gavin as a toddler, not sure where Dug baby is in that regards. Gavin was a terrible sleeper and we got lucky that he ended up passing out on his own whenever he was tired wherever we were during our vacation for the most part. We also didn't get him to bed at a decent hour each night either. It was vacation, we just decided to deal with the consequences when we got home LOL. It turns out his sleep/naps improved for a short while after we returned. I guess we brought home some pixie dust haha. We just figured he was napping so well during the day and sleeping better at night because there was so much going on. Anyway sorry for the tangent about sleep... Hopefully something similar works for dug baby, if so you should be fine for Kona. If not maybe she will fall asleep after she eats there and you and Dug can at least get dinner in before splitting up. I think its a good idea to split up after she goes to bed if she is going to stay on her normal schedule.

Day 2 - Sun. 12/8/13:
Peter Pan's Flight
Little Mermaid
Meet Ariel
Dumbo
Haunted Mansion
It's a Small World
Philharmagic
Carousel
Winnie the Pooh
Mad Tea Party

Is Dug baby an early riser normally? It's a full day for sure, but with a cooperative baby you should be able to pull it off. I think it helps that lunch and dinner are CS so you don't have to plan around ADRs after breakfast. The sleigh ride sounds perfect!

Day 3 - Mon. 12/9/13:
Epcot character spot
Living with the Land
Figment and Image Works
Test Track (rider swap)
Around 3pm, head to DHS
Osbourne Lights

another full day but I think you can pull it off. If Dug baby is down to one nap/day at that time she still might end up taking 2 naps in Disney from being worn out with everything going on. That was at least our experience, but Gavin was an infant at the time, not a toddler.

Day 4 - Tues. 12/10/13:
Safari
Animal trails
Flights of Wonder
Jungle trek
Everest (rider swap)
Boneyard
Triceratop Spin
Meet Goofy and Pluto?
Meet Russell and Dug
Nap and pool time
Bedtime

Day 5 - Weds. 12/11/13:
Pirates
Jungle Cruise
Tiki Room
Aladdin's Magic Carpets

The poly photo shoot sounds like a great idea!

Day 6 - Thurs. 12/12/13:
World of Disney
Once Upon a Toy

I've never done a party so I don't know from experience, but I think with her being so young it might not be worth the money. It doesn't officially start until 7, and that seems like its her bedtime.

Day 7 - Friday 12/13/13:
Toy Story
Maybe Muppets
Maybe Little Mermaid
Maelstrom
Epcot Storytellers
Mexico boat ride

Day 8 - Sat. 12/14/13:
Buzz Lightyear
Maybe Laugh Floor?
Peoplemover!

We wanted to do Gavin's first hair cut in Disney but he didn't have very much hair and I wasn't willing to part with it. I still haven't been able. DH wants to wait until our next trip to Disney to get his hair cut, but I'm pretty sure he is going to need one before he is 2 LOL. He's starting to get business in the back... I told DH that as soon as it starts looking like a mullet it's haircut time haha.

I thought I commented on this already, sorry. I'm going to go back and add my thoughts in another color below each day.

I thought I commented on this already, sorry. I'm going to go back and add my thoughts in another color below each day.

Regarding the car seat question, Dug Baby sleeps great in the car, but we're not bringing the car seat for the flight. She's flying as a lap baby and there won't be an empty seat next to us. I'm hoping she will get in an in-arms nap or maybe in the Ergo.

That's good to know that having a somewhat erratic sleep schedule on vacation didn't cause Gavin any problems.

She usually gets up around 7am Central (8am FL time), so not super early, but not too bad. We'll see how she adjusts to the time change.

That's good to keep in mind that she may go back to two naps. She's been just taking one for the last week, but I can see WDW wearing her down quicker.

Yeah, regarding the party, we'd probably only do it if we felt she would sleep pretty well in the stroller. Like change her into jammies early on, then let her pass out and transfer her when we get back to the Poly. She does normally go to bed between 7 and 8pm Central (so 8-9pm FL), so she might last for a short while.

I have mixed feelings on the haircut. She really does not have a lot of hair yet. If I knew when our next WDW trip would be, I'd consider waiting until then. Oh, well, we'll see where she's at in 53 days, I guess!

December got opened up for Fast Pass + reservations the other day. Dug happened to be up after midnight that night and was able to jump on it right away. The next day, after learning that we'd only need one Fast Pass for things we were going to Rider Swap, I went in and made some edits to really take advantage of that. I was also able to trigger our Magic Band customization by doing the online check-in. So, we are now checked into the Poly and have Magic Bands on order. It feels like we might actually be going to Disney soon! :rotfl:

So, here's what we did with the Fast Pass + (subject to change, of course):

Day 1 - You may recall that this day consists of us flying in, taking the Magical Express to the Poly, maybe having some time to unpack, having dinner at Kona Cafe, putting Dug Baby to bed, then one of us going to the Magic Kingdom for a bit of solo time (which one of us to be determined....). Well, Fast Pass + allows you up to three attraction per day. Due to our schedule, 2 of these are pretty much a waste. There's really no way we can take advantage of them. However, the third one will probably work for the solo person.
5:45-6:45pm is Space Mountain.
6:55-7:55pm is Buzz Lightyear.
Our Kona reservation is at 8:10pm.
8:55-9:55pm is Big Thunder.
Originally, Dug had Splash instead of Buzz, but it changed the order and times around. It had Space last (which is good, of course), but it was only until 9:40pm. Between gaining us an extra 15 minutes and Big Thunder being cool at night, I thought it best to move to this configuration. I wish it would let us put something in the 7:55-8:55pm time slot, but I can't seem to do that. Because we might be able to take advantage of that. Maybe.

Day 2 - We have a 7am breakfast ADR at the Grand Floridian Cafe. Then we head over to the Magic Kingdom, which opens at 9am. The plan is to spend the morning in Fantasyland/New Fantasyland.
9:10-10:10am is the Little Mermaid ride.
10:20-11:20am is Enchanted Tales with Belle.
4-5pm is Winnie the Pooh (since we'll be back in the MK late afternoon).

Day 3 - We'll be at the Studios late afternoon/early evening.
4-5pm is Toy Story Mania. This is cool - no need to do the rope drop rush to ride Toy Story without a long wait!
5:20-6:20pm is one Fast Pass for Star Tours and one for Tower of Terror. So we can do rider swap on each.
6:30-7:30pm is one Fast Pass for Star Tours and one for Rock 'n' Roller Coaster. Again, rider swapping each. So, that's two rides each on Star Tours, between the two time slots.

Day 4 - We have breakfast at Kona at 7:30am, then head to Animal Kingdom.
9-10am is the Safari.
11am-12pm is Everest.
12-1pm is Dinosaur.

Day 5 - We have a pre-park-opening ADR for breakfast at the Crystal Palace at 8:35am. Then hang out in the Adventureland/Frontierland area for the morning.
9-10am is Jungle Cruise.
11am-12pm is one Fast Pass for Splash and one for Big Thunder. Rider swap both of them.
12-1pm is meeting Cinderella and princesses in the Princess Fairytale Hall.

Day 6 - Nothing. Downtown Disney and possible Christmas Party.

Day 7 - We have breakfast at 'Ohana at 7:30am. Then DHS.
9-10am is Toy Story Mania. Yay, no stampede!!
10-11am is Star Tours and Tower of Terror - 1 each to rider swap.
11am-12pm is Rock 'n' Roller Coaster and Star Tours - 1 each to rider swap.
Then lunch at Brown Derby at noon.

Day 8 - We go to rope drop at the Magic Kingdom to start our last day.
9-10am is meeting Mickey Mouse at Town Square Theater.
10-11am is meeting Rapunzel and princesses at Princess Fairytale Hall.
11am-12pm is Space Mountain.
We also reserved Dug Baby's first haircut for 10:30am this morning.

So, that's the plan for now. We won't necessarily use everything, but can't hurt to have them. I don't believe anyone knows at this point whether the legacy Fast Pass kiosks will still be going by then, but that's a possibility also. Should be interesting with all this new stuff in effect.

Looks awesome!' Can't wait to hear back about your FP+ experience. It all sounds so scary (for lack of a better word) on all the doomsday FP+ threads right now. :( I hope you love them and they make things easier with dug baby! Personally I think they sound like something I can make work for us but I also hate change and I was great at working the FP system before. So we'll see.

I'm glad the system opened for us December visitors. Not because I'm really thrilled about the new process, but because now we don't have to wait around and check constantly. It's a big breather (for me, at least) knowing I've got it taken care of, and all I have to do it wait for my trip to try it out.

I'm interested to see how Rider Swap works with these new FP+.

I've been trying to comment on your thread but always end up closing before I finish! :headache: Here's another try!

Your plans sound really great. You both know the parks well enough that adding Dug Baby shouldn't be much trouble. She sounds like she'll be a great little Disney traveler. Stay open to completely tossing the plan if needed and you'll be great. Love that you've set a time for a haircut!

I don't understand this rider swap stuff, but your FP+ plans look good. We've used our bands on two visits and I'm starting to like them. Having rides set for the evening is wonderful anyway. (So is sleeping in!) I'm hoping the old fastpass sticks around a while longer. We had a fun time using FP+, our APs, and our KTTW during the first test. It would definitely make your visit more interesting. :thumbsup2

I am so glad we were already planning to do the Jungle Cruise. Dug just came across this announcement today: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/10/jungle-cruise-goes-jingle-cruise-for-the-holidays-at-disneyland-park-magic-kingdom-park/ They are doing holiday theming on the Jungle Cruise this year! I can't wait! :cool1: That's all for now! Just had to pop in quick to mention this!
No way!!! That's AWESOME!! Jungle cruise is the best!! And now with new jokes?!? Oh man! I wish I could go!

Your plans look fantastic! So excited for you guys and looking forward to reading about the haircut. Don't want to give too much away, but they were AMAZING for DS's haircut. So gentle and awesome!

Oh my gosh! The Jingle Cruise sounds so cute! Can't wait to hear about that too :cool1:

The Jungle cruise sounds awesome! Your FP+ reservations sound good too. I was skeptical about this whole system when I first heard about it but now it seems pretty cool. I'm just curious what it's going to do to the current FP system and whether or not it will be available to off-site guests as it's looking like we'll be staying off site in the near future.

Looks like a great schedule!:thumbsup2 When our girls were babies at the park, they were always amazing and we were able to hit all the attractions, there were and still are troopers at the parks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter