We're booked! So why am I nervous about Pop?

We've stayed at Pop twice and we love it. My boys and I (ages 19 and 14) love the food court and love the buses. We have only had to wait more than 10 minutes for a bus once.

The noise has only been an issue one time. We were in a preferred room right outside the pool. One night around midnight, there was a group of 5 or 6 middle aged women drinking and laughing very loudly. I eventually fell asleep. Other than that, noise has not been an issue.

I hope you have a great time at Pop!!!

:rotfl2: Middle aged women and not a bunch of tweens !

We are staying at Pop for the 1st time this Sept, I read there are no bellhops, so, when Magical Express shows up with your luggage, do you have to retrive it in the mail lobby?
Thanks!
Jill

Magic Express will deliver your luggage directly to your room after you have checked in. You do not need to be in the room when they bring it. So just check in, and hop a bus to one of the parks. Enjoy!

DisGal
:cool2:

hey I own DVC too - but will stay at Pop - this year doing the free dinning at Pop.

other years - fri/sat at Pop - refuse to pay the weekend nights in points.
oohhh, she vacations like I do. I own at BWV but if I'm not there, you'll usually find me at POP!!! I love it there. The food court gets busy but not any busier than the food court at POR got whenever I stayed there. I love POR, I really do. It was my first Disney resort...DxL back then. But....I don't use table service restaurants at the resort, I don't have to have a pool slide and I never use communal hot tubs. So...why pay to stay at a moderate? No reason. For the money I save by staying at POP, I'm able to go to WDW more often.
Noise? Not an issue, not once in my four stays at POP. Buses at POP are terrific. I like the whole que concept they have..wish they would put it at all the resorts. Sure, the bus back to the resort at park closing can get very crowded. But if you plan accordingly, you can avoid that.
Nope, there is nothing I don't like at POP. It's bright, colorful, fun, clean, and a great value.

We're staying @ Pop in May and we're super excited. Yeah, it's not as nice as AKL but it's a heck of a lot cheaper. Cheaper is good b/c you can spend that extra money on souvenirs. :yay: We stayed at Pop 2 years ago and were very pleased.

I am a little nervous too....Sept will be My first value stay but I am surprising daughter and granddaughter who is 13 yrs. and never been to WDW. But I thought DGD would enjoy the Pop experience more than a moderate. Just excited that I get to go back...2 times in one year:goodvibes !

Hi-

I had never stayed at a value until last year. Although it was not Pop but it was All Stars (I've heard they are very similiar)...I was pleasantly suprised....and I can be as picky as they get. I'm not saying it was a deluxe or anything...but compared to a moderate for my family it was a better option. My kids are too young to enjoy water slides but do enjoy the oversized icons at the resorts....and not staying at a moderate or deluxe means more days at Disney for us!!!!:cool1:

Yes the food court is busy...but I sent my hubby for coffee with our refillable mugs ...no line there...and I packed granola bars and dry cereal for all of us for breakfast. Frequently we ate at the food court for dinner if we were too tired from the parks...it really wasn't bad....and I'm on vacation...most importantly I'm not cooking!:cheer2:

Hotel rooms are rooms to me...I do like the convenience of the monorail that most deluxes offer but other than that...I would rather do a cheaper rate somwhere else....now if we are talking a villa vs. a deluxe, mod, or value....that is a whole different story. Villa wins everytime...now that is nice....and worth the extra price tag. Just my two cents...everyone feels differently.:confused3

I'm giving Pop a try this next trip in Sept....we'll see.

I am a little nervous too....Sept will be My first value stay but I am surprising daughter and granddaughter who is 13 yrs. and never been to WDW. But I thought DGD would enjoy the Pop experience more than a moderate. Just excited that I get to go back...2 times in one year:goodvibes !

Your DGD will love POP! It's the perfect place for her first trip. My DGD is the same age and we have such a great time at POP. I'll admit that on some vacations I enjoy a few extras that you won't find at POP.:snooty:;) But what it lacks in amenities, it more than makes up for in FUN. So, when I'm at Disney with DGD, I want to be at POP.
Be sure you check out the shadow boxes in the lobby and find the signs for the years you were born along the walking path. Great chance to strike up a conversation about life when you were her age. My DGD couldn't believe that I had a "key" for my roller skates...and so much more. I just can't imagine trading those bonding experiences :hug: we've had at POP for a nice restaurant and sleep number bed. But that's JMHO. Have a fun trip!

I have read on some threads that they were working on the "depressing years". Did you notice anything over there last week? We are going in Nov. and would like to see something done, tear it down or finish it.

thanks

We stayed at Pop last week, and we're officially a POP family. After visiting some of the other hotels (Wilderness Lodge and Poly), we thought we might like to stay there, but I think that POP is perfect for us right now. My son (7) thought it was the greatest hotel ever. We were on the 4th floor, backside, in the 60's, facing the Legendary Years (or as we named it "the Depressing Years"), and I LOVED our room location. It was quiet, just a quick walk to the Classic Hall, and close to the elevators (and the Play Doh can!). Honestly, I couldn't find a problem with our room! The beds were comfy. Again, it was perfect for the three of us. We're planning a trip next spring, and this time, we're taking my parents with us. I will stay here again and I have no fear that they will love it as much as we do. My mom loves pop culture and will probably spend at least an hour looking at the shadowboxes in the lobby!

The food court got crowded at times, but we only ate breakfast there one day, and we ate early. The rest of the time, we just popped in to refill our mugs. The Hippy Dippy Pool was full of people most afternoons, but it was fun and relaxing, all the same. I love to "people watch" so this was perfect for me!

We had a car, so we never waited on buses. We liked the freedom of a car.

I'm going down during the same week. I know the cheerleaders will be down there at that time and mostly staying at POP.

We are staying at the Pop Century for the first time in just 34 days! We have stayed at the CBR twice before and offsite all other times. We had book a stay at the WL but Uncle Sam barged his way into our home and checkbook so we had to downgrade substantially.

I am going into our stay knowing that: A) The rooms are much smaller than the CBR rooms; B) Pop will be have a more crowded feel than the CBR; C) We won't have a fridge in the room unless we rent one; D) The bus stops won't be covered and there's only one bus stop for the entire resort.

But....I am also looking forward to the huge icons, the frozen colas, the tie dyed cheesecake and shopping I can do at the store.

I feel like I have a very realistic outlook about it being a value resort and there won't be as many amenities as at the CBR or WL. I don't feel as if I will be disappointed. I will probably fall in love with it and want to go back!

We are staying at the Pop Century for the first time in just 34 days! We have stayed at the CBR twice before and offsite all other times. We had book a stay at the WL but Uncle Sam barged his way into our home and checkbook so we had to downgrade substantially.

I am going into our stay knowing that: A) The rooms are much smaller than the CBR rooms; B) Pop will be have a more crowded feel than the CBR; C) We won't have a fridge in the room unless we rent one; D) The bus stops won't be covered and there's only one bus stop for the entire resort.

But....I am also looking forward to the huge icons, the frozen colas, the tie dyed cheesecake and shopping I can do at the store.

I feel like I have a very realistic outlook about it being a value resort and there won't be as many amenities as at the CBR or WL. I don't feel as if I will be disappointed. I will probably fall in love with it and want to go back!

You will definitely fall in love with it. Its a fun, bright, active resort that has a little bit of something for just about everyone. It even has a really nice jogging/walking path along the lake for you to cruise along with your camera in tote to take some good pictures. And you'll meet the nicest people there. Like you I'm not nuts about the uncovered bus lines but at least the busses arrive punctually so it's not that bad. Everything Pop will be glad to relieve your wallet of some of that extra weight you're carrying around, and the frozen cokes are sooo worth the price of a mug. Enjoy, take lots of pictures, and let us know how you like the resort.

:confused: Aren't those the Legendary Years?

yes, they are the legendary years according to POP/WDW but in ChristaDeVil's post she referred to them as the "depressing years" due to the look of the abandoned buildings.

Yes yes! The frozen coke helps to wash down the tie dye cheesecake that I have for breakfast. LOL!

DisGal
:cool2:

Oh good, my Pop stay has been cut down to one night and I was worried I'd miss the frozen coke and cheesecake-breakfast of champions-LOL.

We stayed at Pop for the first time ever last December (we always used to stay in deluxe) and I had the same nervousness. I can honestly say we really enjoyed the hotel! It's definitely NOT the GF or Poly, but it did the job! We only wanted a place to sleep and eat breakfast. I know you said you're driving, but We went the same week you're going and the buses werent a problem AT ALL for us. There was always one waiting there. If you can, hit up the food court NO later than 8am or it'll be a zoo. It was nice and quiet if we went before or around 8am.

Other than that..have a great time!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter