We're back!

Jakaru

Mouseketeer
Got back late on Friday night - and as this place proved SO useful to me while there (I often commented how on earth people get anything done there without this level of research and advice!), I duly made my notes for a Trip Report.

Might be a while before its up - but thought I'd at least post now in general Thanks to everyone here for the invaluable info. :)

welcome back :goodvibes - did you all have a good time?

Oooh yes, highs and lows as any holiday would have of course, but overall (given it was the first ever overseas family holiday!) we were all really happy.

Though the wife did think it was a little sad that I sat in bed at nights typing up notes (as I forgot to do it on the first two nights, and there's no way I'd remember everything if I'd left it!)

Welcome back, i'm pleased you enjoyed your trip:goodvibes

Welcome back.
Do you want to tell us your highs and lows? Id be interested to hear :goodvibes
I always bring a little notebook with me and scribble in rides and things we've done as im waiting in line. Head like a sieve, there would be no TRs from me otherwise :goodvibes

Ooh, will probably think of more when I do the TR, but off the top of my head...

*NB: trying to write good and bad about same subject, I'm like that, can't ever see JUST the good side of things, even about Disney..!*

Highs:
• Weather Generally Very Good
• Pleasure with our choice of HNY over DLH - we were in DLH for a couple of things, and just didn't like the atmosphere (and overwhelming smell, more on that in TR!)
• Character meals were great in regards to Interaction
• Shareholders card Did literally pay for itself.
• Getting Milk! (There'll be another thread on this one...)
• EMH on what is really an off-season week, carousel to ourselves (8am!), buzz 3 times in a row with no queueing.
• Getting loads of character signatures
• Princess for a Day gave us by far our best pics and memories

Lows:
• Weather Sometimes Torturously Hot! We simply couldn't stay outdoors too long in mid-afternoon.
• HNY reception felt understaffed most of the time, concierge likewise was nearly always swamped with lengthy requests.
• Character meals while great, feel limited in Food choice. If you, like us, fit into "Cafe Mickey" type menu, then in my opinion, you're stuck there.
• You have to resign yourself to a "I'll just call a manager" wait every time you use your Shareholder card, sometimes quick, sometimes feeling like a waste of time for a small saving.
• No Milk! (There'll be another thread on this one...)
• Earlier park closing time our week than the surrounding ones meant that technically the park was shut when the 7pm magical celebration was going on, so its a lost opportunity to do rides etc while everyone is either busy watching or leaving!
• Losing the autograph book the day before we were leaving (again, I'll be doing another thread on this one!)
• Princess for a Day dress sizes were a bit random (we could put her in too small or too big!) and I'm not sure the max package (€165) we went for was as good a value for money as some of the others.

Ok - that was all MUCH longer than I intended. :D

Ok really really really cant wait to read your TR now!
By any chance do you have the princess for a day pricings. Would love to see pics of your Dds princess makeover in your TR too, dont ask for much do i!?!?

Going to read the milk thread now.. Thanks for the highs and lows

It sounds like you had a wonderful first trip. I'm looking forward to the trip report:goodvibes

• Losing the autograph book the day before we were leaving (again, I'll be doing another thread on this one!)

Noooooo!!!! :eek: Not good.

Princess for a day though?!!!!!!! princess: :cloud9:

Welcome back! :goodvibes

Sorry to hear you lost your autograph book. :hug:

But I'm glad to hear you had a wonderful time. :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter