We're back

pt415999

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equal
Hi everyone, we got back a week ago yesterday, but this is the first chance I've had to post.
Weather in Orlando was bad first couple of days,( we flew out on the 29/08/02, ) but got a lot better.
NO LINES FOR ANYTHING!!! Everything we did was a walk on, the only time we waited was for the front row for The Hulk coaster at IOA and that took about 4-5 mins.
Went down the Keys again, had a great time down there, came back, swam with the dolphins, shopped until my credit card company had me arrested and all in all had a great time.
I'm hoping to do a trip report soon, but don't hold your breath!
Didn't use fastpass once! No need!
Went to MK 9/11 , there was a moments silence at noon, followed by a tape( I think) of God Bless America. Quite an emotional moment but very well handled by Disney.IMHO.
As I said I hope to do a trip report, but, I also hope to win the lottery, so.......
Any questions fire away!!!!

Welcome back :) !

I've never been in the parks when they were that empty! Does it affect the atmosphere?

I'm glad you enjoyed your trip and the weather improved - where did you stay?

great to hear you had a good time are the parks usually that quiet at that time of year as we will be going the 29/8/03 karen

We stayed at the Best Western Movieland on I-Drive opposite Wet@Wild. It used to be called Las Plamas,up until two years ago.
Down the Keys we stayed at the Buccaneer Resort in Marathon.

http://www.floridakey.com/buccaneer.html

The parks did seem a little strange being so quiet, but of course being able to walk on all the rides without a wait made up for that!
We were at the parks at opening time mind you and usually left mid-afternoon, so later on in the day it could have been different.
We've been in Sept before and it was a lot busier than this time, 9/11 and the poor American economy have hit Disney hard, but there are plenty of UK visitors making up the numbers, as demonstrated at the dolphin show at seaworld, when the singer asked if there was anyone from the UK here, 75-80% of the audience shouted!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter