We're Back-With a Fractured Toe!!

Melanie, I'm sorry to hear about your DD's broken toe. My DS fractured his toe (well, actually the 2nd metatarsal bone) last Feb., playing dodgeball. I had him walking around on it for three days before the orthopaedic guy saw him and booted it. I think I deserve Mother of the Year for 2005 for that one. I hope your DD's heals quickly and is back to dancing in no time.

ugadog99 said:
We got back around 7:30 last night and had just enough time to eat dinner and get ready to watch my DAWGS beat the Jackets. The first part of the trip was great and crowds were very low. By Monday, there was some pick up in crowds, but we were at MGM and it wasn't too bad. Tuesday was AK and again it was tolerable. Tuesday we did the Wishes cruise with two other dance families and it was wonderful (although pretty chilly). Wednesday was a VERY long day because of all the dance activities. The girls had a wonderful time and the experience was all worth the early morning and long day. Thanksgiving day we were at Epcot and it was okay in the morning and then got pretty crowded by evening. EMH that night was a zoo and we left without really doing anything. Friday we were in MK at EMH and got a lot done. Around 1:00 the crowds were unbearable so we left. We ended our trip with Le Cellier, Candlelight, and the holiday Illuminations. FABULOUS!!! Rita Moreno is now our favorite narrator and the guest conductor that night was the first woman guest conductor for Candlelight ever and is a professor at UGA!

All dance families stayed onsite and had the most marvelous vacation. We had two groups: one group of families at Riverside and the other at the All Stars. Everyone had a blast and all my planning and advice paid off. The only downside to the entire trip is that my older daughter, Carrielee, has fractured her big toe. On two different days she was run over by strollers on the same toe. We didn't really think too much about it, but then she danced on Wednesday. By Thursday the toe was very sore and had begun to swell. Yesterday it was awful and very swollen. Apparently, the combination of the two strollers (one jogger type and one double Disney) and the dancing fractured the toe. Of course, there isn't much that can be done about it. We are wrapping it and she is applying ice, etc. The doctor said it would take at least 2 weeks to feel better and 6 weeks to completely heal. So, I guess no more clogging for a while.

Time to go unpack and wash clothes.

Melanie
Welcome back! It was so nice to see you in AK! I'm so sorry to hear about your DD's toe. Let's hope the doctor was being overly conservative and she feels better in less than the 2 weeks.

Am I the only one bothered that no report has emerged regarding the "needy family"?

drayke said:
Am I the only one bothered that no report has emerged regarding the "needy family"?

I would love to hear a report also. Maybe she posted it somewhere else and we just missed it.

drayke said:

I thought she said she would respond to PMs.

Nope, no report elsewhere on the board and no pm or email. The pre-trip promise was a trip report posted with details on what was put together to enhance the family's visit and how the visit turned out. Sorry, but it's all starting to stink now of scam....

Lest we not forget that she NEVER ASKED FOR MONEY in the original thread. She was only asking for advise on cheap things to do. WE VOLUNTEERED TO HELP! Also, Feralpeg and Simbas Mom saw them while they were there. Read previous responses.

I know it's a cynical world in which we live and maybe I'm just naive (crap - spelling) but I think you are starting to jump to conclusions.

Wendy

Hey, guys. Let's not get this going again. I did post a report right after I returned from seeing the kids dance. BethR posted it for me. Sorry, if you did not see it. Let me do a quick recap. I'll try not to forget anything, but if I do forget something someone donated, please forgive me. My memories not that great!

I delivered gift bags for each person in the family the day they arrived. Thanks to everyone, they were able to stay at All Stars. The gift bags included the following:

Mom - Disney Purse, Mickey and Minnie Thanksgiving plushes, disposable camera, gift card for film development, $50 Disney gift card, jewelry donated for Mom's birthday, body lotions, snacks, 2 one day park hoppers.

Grandma - Disney Purse, Mickey holiday plush, disposable camera, Disney totebag, $50 Disney gift card, snacks.

Daughter - Large Minnie Holiday Plush, 50th Celebration T-shirt, 50th Celebration Mickey and Minnie beanbag plushes, disposable camera, memory book, $50 Disney gift card, Beauty and The Beast action figure playset, snacks.

Oldest Boy - Large Mickey Holiday Plush, 50th Celebration T-shirt, Star Wars video game, Jedi Mickey beanbag plush, disposable camera, memory book, $50 Disney gift card, snacks.

Youngest Boy - Large Pluto Holiday Plush, 50th Celebration T-shirt, disposable camera, memory book, $50 Disney gift card, Aladdin action figure playset, snacks.

Melanie was given money to buy tickets that allowed the family entrance to all of the parks. I believe they did a character meal.

I met them prior to the kids dancing at MK. They had spent the day they arrived at Epcot. They went to DTD that evening. They were going to stay until close at MK. On Thanksgiving day, they were going to AK in the morning and then to MGM that afternoon. They were going to stay at MGM to see Fantasmic and the Osborne lights.

They were a very nice family and very appreciative. They would not have been able to do the things they did without our help. Melanie arranged for a wheelchair for the grandma. She was very frail, but so sweet. For those of you not here, it was very cool in Florida over Thanksgiving. Grandma didn't have a coat. They just had a carrobe wrapped around her. This was truely a family that needed some pixie dust. I am glad I could be of help.

For those of you who think this was a scam, you are wrong. Those of you who know me know that I would never be a part of anything shady. That is not the way I operate. As for why Melanie has not reported, I only know that she has been very busy. She sent me a brief thank you email upon their return. In it, she indicated that she had a lot of catching up to do. Please remember that she works full time and is a single mom. I'm sure she will report when she can.

ugadog99 said:
We got back around 7:30 last night and had just enough time to eat dinner and get ready to watch my DAWGS beat the Jackets. The first part of the trip was great and crowds were very low. By Monday, there was some pick up in crowds, but we were at MGM and it wasn't too bad. Tuesday was AK and again it was tolerable. Tuesday we did the Wishes cruise with two other dance families and it was wonderful (although pretty chilly). Wednesday was a VERY long day because of all the dance activities. The girls had a wonderful time and the experience was all worth the early morning and long day. Thanksgiving day we were at Epcot and it was okay in the morning and then got pretty crowded by evening. EMH that night was a zoo and we left without really doing anything. Friday we were in MK at EMH and got a lot done. Around 1:00 the crowds were unbearable so we left. We ended our trip with Le Cellier, Candlelight, and the holiday Illuminations. FABULOUS!!! Rita Moreno is now our favorite narrator and the guest conductor that night was the first woman guest conductor for Candlelight ever and is a professor at UGA!

All dance families stayed onsite and had the most marvelous vacation. We had two groups: one group of families at Riverside and the other at the All Stars. Everyone had a blast and all my planning and advice paid off. The only downside to the entire trip is that my older daughter, Carrielee, has fractured her big toe. On two different days she was run over by strollers on the same toe. We didn't really think too much about it, but then she danced on Wednesday. By Thursday the toe was very sore and had begun to swell. Yesterday it was awful and very swollen. Apparently, the combination of the two strollers (one jogger type and one double Disney) and the dancing fractured the toe. Of course, there isn't much that can be done about it. We are wrapping it and she is applying ice, etc. The doctor said it would take at least 2 weeks to feel better and 6 weeks to completely heal. So, I guess no more clogging for a while.

hey at least the dawgs won yes!!!!! we were there to suck it all in it was great and go dawgs!!!! 2005 sec champs!!!!!1
Time to go unpack and wash clothes.

Melanie
:cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Feralpeg said:
Hey, guys. Let's not get this going again. I did post a report right after I returned from seeing the kids dance. BethR posted it for me. Sorry, if you did not see it. Let me do a quick recap. I'll try not to forget anything, but if I do forget something someone donated, please forgive me. My memories not that great!

I delivered gift bags for each person in the family the day they arrived. Thanks to everyone, they were able to stay at All Stars. The gift bags included the following:

Mom - Disney Purse, Mickey and Minnie Thanksgiving plushes, disposable camera, gift card for film development, $50 Disney gift card, jewelry donated for Mom's birthday, body lotions, snacks, 2 one day park hoppers.

Grandma - Disney Purse, Mickey holiday plush, disposable camera, Disney totebag, $50 Disney gift card, snacks.

Daughter - Large Minnie Holiday Plush, 50th Celebration T-shirt, 50th Celebration Mickey and Minnie beanbag plushes, disposable camera, memory book, $50 Disney gift card, Beauty and The Beast action figure playset, snacks.

Oldest Boy - Large Mickey Holiday Plush, 50th Celebration T-shirt, Star Wars video game, Jedi Mickey beanbag plush, disposable camera, memory book, $50 Disney gift card, snacks.

Youngest Boy - Large Pluto Holiday Plush, 50th Celebration T-shirt, disposable camera, memory book, $50 Disney gift card, Aladdin action figure playset, snacks.

Melanie was given money to buy tickets that allowed the family entrance to all of the parks. I believe they did a character meal.

I met them prior to the kids dancing at MK. They had spent the day they arrived at Epcot. They went to DTD that evening. They were going to stay until close at MK. On Thanksgiving day, they were going to AK in the morning and then to MGM that afternoon. They were going to stay at MGM to see Fantasmic and the Osborne lights.

They were a very nice family and very appreciative. They would not have been able to do the things they did without our help. Melanie arranged for a wheelchair for the grandma. She was very frail, but so sweet. For those of you not here, it was very cool in Florida over Thanksgiving. Grandma didn't have a coat. They just had a carrobe wrapped around her. This was truely a family that needed some pixie dust. I am glad I could be of help.

For those of you who think this was a scam, you are wrong. Those of you who know me know that I would never be a part of anything shady. That is not the way I operate. As for why Melanie has not reported, I only know that she has been very busy. She sent me a brief thank you email upon their return. In it, she indicated that she had a lot of catching up to do. Please remember that she works full time and is a single mom. I'm sure she will report when she can.

Thanks for the update. I was unable to donate anything but really wanted to hear how it all turned out. So again thanks. I am so glad so many were able to help out this dear family and help them have a magical experience. Things like this restores my faith in mankind.

She sent me a pm about the trip.Thats whats wrong with the world today somebody does something good and others try to rip them apart for doing so.I have no doubt that my tickets and money went to good use.

Thanks so much for the info Peg. Sounds wonderful. :flower:

Thanks for settin' it straight Feralpeg. And I believe (if my poor memory serves correctly) she is a single mother of THREE! whew!

Wendy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter