• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

We're Back!!! PreTR – Me, DD12 and Mom73 – Girls trip to FL Keys, Universal and WDW 4/18-4/27

Only 2 more days of reality then we are off for 10 wonderful days of vacation!!! :beach:

Working today then Boo has softball practice tonight and guess who volunteered to coach the team? Well, in reality I volunteered to be an assistant coach but when they didn't get enough head coach volunteers I got an involuntary promotion. Did I mention in an earlier post that one of my New Year's resolutions was to "stop volunteering for everything"? No? Well, it was. We can cross that one off the list already - that and "stay on a budget". Practice ends at 6:30 then off to get mani/pedis and last minute stuff we probably don't really need from the mall. Tomorrow I have to work a full day and have a huge list of stuff to get done afterwards and have my WW meeting - I've lost 6 lbs in the past 3 weeks!

:cheer2:

Flight leaves 11:35 Friday morning!!! We're only 15 minutes from the airport so no need to get up at the crack of dawn. Here's our final plan for the trip:

Friday: arrive in Ft. Lauderdale at 5 and spend the night at the Hyatt - definitely dinner at the beach!
Saturday: drive to Key Largo to the Hampton Inn - spend the day relaxing and enjoying the pool and Manatee Bay
Sunday: explore Key Largo and John Pennekamp state park
Monday: Bahia Honda beach, Big Pine Key
Tuesday: Key Largo
Wednesday: Islamorada
Thursday: drive to Orlando - drop Mom at MCO - check-in to Royal Pacific and spend the afternoon and night at US
Friday: Magic Kingdom
Saturday: 2DT arrives - spending the day at IOA, meet up with friends from home
Sunday: US/IOA
Monday: US/IOA until 1pm then off to MCO

Love love love that the only plan you really need for US/IOA when you have express pass is to decide that morning which park to go to first. No booking FP ahead of time, no commando touring at rope drop, no need to choose one attraction over another and my personal favorite thing about express pass........ getting to ride our favorites more than once!!! As many times as we want!!! Just think about the awesomeness of that!!! Even FJ and EFG have single rider so you can ride multiple times.

Woohoo! Can't wait!:cool1:

I am so excited for you!!!

Congratulations on the weight loss. I am going to try to lose 15 pounds for the class trip in 2 months. I will try to plan sensible meals for my family and I am going to try to exercise on a regular basis (5 times a week, 20-30 minutes). So far, so good. Monday and Tuesday workouts done and last night's dinner was Hawaiian poke and pad Thai, both pretty healthy.

I also suffer from that affliction where my hand shoots immediately up in the air when someone says "Can you?" or "We need someone to..." Let me know how your reform goes. Your coaching story sounds familiar... I ended up as coach of Ben's flag football team that way.

:sad2:

Your plans sound spectacular and I can't wait to read all about your trip and see the pictures.

Express pass is so awesome! I have two friends who will be at US/IoA for the first time next week, they are staying at Cabana Bay, so I will be interested in hearing how their experiences are for their trips.

Have a fantastic time!!

:banana::banana::banana:

well Miss Skinny, you have done wonderful on your weight loss plan.

in a few days, you'll be in sunny florida getting away from everyday hum drum life and relaxing

wishing you a safe travel!

well Miss Skinny, you have done wonderful on your weight loss plan.

in a few days, you'll be in sunny florida getting away from everyday hum drum life and relaxing

wishing you a safe travel!

Who me? LOL.

Thanks! Full report with lots of pics when I get back.

Congrats on losing the lbs...just started up my diet again & hope to lose 20 + lbs before our fall trip.

Can't wait to hear all the details of your trip....what an awesome plan..have fun and drink a margarita for me. :drinking1

Congrats on losing the lbs...just started up my diet again & hope to lose 20 + lbs before our fall trip.

Can't wait to hear all the details of your trip....what an awesome plan..have fun and drink a margarita for me. :drinking1

Thank you. Margaritas are my favorite !!! Good luck with the diet. There are a lot of supportive threads in the WISH forum. I like the WW plan since you can fit it to your own lifestyle. So far so good. Hopefully vacation won't derail me too much.

I'm packed and ready to go. Leaving for the airport 9am tomorrow. See you all when I get back!

The real world has kept me away from the boards for far too long.

Have a fantastic trip, take plenty of your fantastic pics, and we look forward to hearing all about your adventures when you get back! :yay:

I am so excited for you!!!

Congratulations on the weight loss. I am going to try to lose 15 pounds for the class trip in 2 months. I will try to plan sensible meals for my family and I am going to try to exercise on a regular basis (5 times a week, 20-30 minutes). So far, so good. Monday and Tuesday workouts done and last night's dinner was Hawaiian poke and pad Thai, both pretty healthy.

I also suffer from that affliction where my hand shoots immediately up in the air when someone says "Can you?" or "We need someone to..." Let me know how your reform goes. Your coaching story sounds familiar... I ended up as coach of Ben's flag football team that way.

:sad2:

Your plans sound spectacular and I can't wait to read all about your trip and see the pictures.

Express pass is so awesome! I have two friends who will be at US/IoA for the first time next week, they are staying at Cabana Bay, so I will be interested in hearing how their experiences are for their trips.

Have a fantastic time!!

:banana::banana::banana:

Your plan to eat right and exercise sounds perfect. I've found that I need the accountability of the weekly weigh in at WW otherwise I get off track pretty quickly. Yes, volunteerism should be considered a medical condition since it afflicts so many of us! Symptoms include inability to say no, need to control everything, people pleasitis, working mom guilt and a flexible schedule. Treatment should include a week at the beach followed by 4 days at Universal.

Joining in! Have an amazing trip!! I don't know if you have left already or if this is too late...but two places we LOVED in the keys to eat: Mrs Mac's Kitchen http://www.mrsmacskitchen.com/ and Island Fish Company http://www.islandfishco.com/ Both very casual, great food. I loved reading your PTR. I did a similar thing with my DD in March where we just did one MK day...did RD, and some rides and FP+...took a break and then went back at night. We still didn't have the energy to stay until midnight!! You will have an amazing trip! Can't wait to see more!

Hi All! Just a quick note to say we had a blast here in the Keys, looking forward to writing the TR. Leaving in a few hours for Orlando. Boo had fun here but is looking forward to getting back to civilization!

We're back!!! What a great trip. Full TR coming in the next few days but totally swamped right now with work, laundry, softball etc. Here's a quick couple of photos to preview the TR:

keys 3.jpg

keys.jpg

1384062_57565097.jpg

MK1a.jpg

Welcome back! I was hoping you would give us a small peek into your trip with pics, and sure enough, there they are! It is so true that a picture is worth a 1000 words!

Slog through the realties of life, and then come back here and re-live your vacation with all of us! We will wait patiently! :)

Great pics and I look forward to hearing all about the trip!

Welcome back...love the pics.

Welcome back! I was hoping you would give us a small peek into your trip with pics, and sure enough, there they are! It is so true that a picture is worth a 1000 words!

Slog through the realties of life, and then come back here and re-live your vacation with all of us! We will wait patiently! :)

Thanks all! I'll post a link to the TR once I'm able to start it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter