We're back - highs and lows (and one very big high!)

Sarah28

DIS Veteran
Hi all

We got home yesterday very early in the morning, so just catching up with the washing and stuff, and I thought I'd post my highs and lows with you, as I have enjoyed reading them when others have done the same :thumbsup2This had been my second trip back to the world, (but I was only 12 when I went for my first trip) so there was lots of new stuff to do, and my very first go at planning such a trip. We only went for a week as my other half is a college lecturer so we had to go during school holidays, and seeing as I lurve halloween, seemed like a great time to go.

Highs

There was one very big high that I should probably put first! We were on the haunted mansion ride (one of my very favourites!) when my bf pulled out a beautiful engagement ring from his pocket (he had been carrying it around all trip, even going on rides with it :scared1:) and asked me to marry him :lovestruc It was the highlight of my trip and as cliche as it may seem, disney is just such a magical place and my dreams really did come true there.

Our meal at Coral Reef was the best we had there. The whole experience was amazing - the scenery was great, we could see all the fish and sharks during our meal. The waiter was so helpful and polite we couldn't have asked for a better service, and the food was just amazing :thumbsup2

Getting to go on new rides that I hadn't done before was another big high for me such as Soarin' and Expedition Everest - loved them so much! :woohoo:

Fastpass was excellent during our time there - the parks were quite busy (haven't got anything to compare it to really) but I guess they could've have been much worse so using fastpass saved us a lot of time - I think the longest time we queued was about 45 mins without a fast pass as there wasn't any so can't really moan about that!

We pre-ordered the photopass CD before we went so having pictures of us all together was really great for us - just going to log on to have a look at them for the first time, very exciting!

The weather was great - it was around 25-29 while we were there, but we did have some rain on Friday and Saturday but it didn't really mess with our plans

VH were really great - we did twilight check in the night before we flew which took about 20 mins, and we did Downtown check in the morning before we flew home. There was hardly any waiting around at either end - just through security and then boaring the planes! I would definitely use them again.

MNSSHP was generally a great experience for us. The parades and fireworks were really good, and the queue times for us were even better as most things were a walk on (and we had some funny ride photos of us in our costumes!) :rotfl2:

And last but not least, the main concern that I had turned out just fine! As we were only going for a week, I was a bit worried that we might not fit in everything we wanted to do, but as we're 4 young (fairly fit!) people, we managed to fit in everything we wanted to do - it involved a lot of extra magic hours of late nights and early mornings! I do feel like I'm suffering a bit now for it, but so glad we really did get the most out of our time there :goodvibes

Lows

Our meal at Planet Hollywood was extremely rushed unfortunately. The food was amazing which I was very happy about, but the whole experience was ruined towards the end of it. I appreciate they were very busy, but they tried to take my friend's plate away before she had even finished her meal! :eek: and the people who were cleaning / laying the tables were hanging around us while we were eating our desserts ready to swoop down when we had paid the bill :sad2:

This is of no fault of anyones but it was a low for me. The flight back was extremely turbulent, to the point that they stopped serving any drinks and the seatbelt lights were on pretty much the whole flight. It did make us all feel quite ill and people around were quite scared so not a very nice experience.

Another one which is no ones fault, but I did have quite a bad cold while we were out there which was a bit of a dampener as when I should have been very excited, I felt like I could just go back to bed! :sick:

I wouldn't say this one was a big low, maybe not a low at all, but the MNSSHP party we went to was great as mentioned above, but there were a few things that I was a little disappointed about. There wasn't really much special party merchandise about - we visited the nominated shops that were supposed to have it, but it was lacking - in fact the days after our party, they stopped having a lot of halloween merch in the shops at all, and all the christmas stuff was coming out. I also encountered quite a rude lady while we were waiting for the boo to you parade - she listened in on the conversation I had with my friends - I said I was going to move over a bit further when the parade started so I could see a little better as I'm quite short, and she said something along the lines of 'oh I don't think so, that's where we were going to stand' which I was a bit taken a back by.

But all in all, we all had such an amazing (but tiring) trip! I feel like I could have another holiday to recover from this one! :rotfl: Thanks to everybody's tips from the boards as I couldn't have planned it better without you guys :goodvibes

CONGRATULATIONS SARAH:cool1::banana::thumbsup2 Looks like you had a very busy week. Glad you had mainly highs .I hope our flight next week is ok. I have my diazapam ready:scared1:Really hate flying.As for the rude woman. Well shows how selfish people can be.Good job It wasnt me .She would of had a mouthful:lmao::cool1:DB would have walked off:rotfl::woohoo:No need for it.

Welcome home and congratulations.

I never really noticed the lack of merchandise, Matt bought a couple of pins, but we rarely buy anything in the parks, I won't pay their prices so didn't go looking.
Maybe we should try Coral reef again, we got a table right at the back, couldn't see the fish, poor server and far too loud, I think we ate too early when all the younger children were dining. Might be one to try again.
We had a couple of rushed meals this August on DDP, next year they will go at my pace, I don't take a long time on meals so I certainly don't want rushing.
You will always come across the odd rude person, we got one in August at the Studios parade, just as the parade arrived he came from nowhere to stand infront of Karen, I swapped paces with her and just felt the need to move everytime he tried taking a pic, he soon left.
Hope you get there sooner for your next trip.:goodvibes

Congratulations
Ya no how u feel about needing another holiday to get over this one
People think am' crazy Shen I say this after been away

Congratulations on your engagement - are you tempted to be a Disney bride now?:goodvibes

Congratulations! :cool1:

Weve sort of experienced the same as you in Planet Hollywood aswell, it seems to be they have to turn you over really quickly!

Welcome home - and huge Congratulations to you both! What a place to pop the question, and so lovely to add to the memories of a wonderful holiday :goodvibes

Welcome home. Glad you had a fantastic trip and congratulations on the engagement :lovestruc

There was one very big high that I should probably put first! We were on the haunted mansion ride (one of my very favourites!) when my bf pulled out a beautiful engagement ring from his pocket (he had been carrying it around all trip, even going on rides with it :scared1:) and asked me to marry him :lovestruc It was the highlight of my trip and as cliche as it may seem, disney is just such a magical place and my dreams really did come true there.

Our meal at Planet Hollywood was extremely rushed unfortunately. The food was amazing which I was very happy about, but the whole experience was ruined towards the end of it. I appreciate they were very busy, but they tried to take my friend's plate away before she had even finished her meal! :eek: and the people who were cleaning / laying the tables were hanging around us while we were eating our desserts ready to swoop down when we had paid the bill :sad2:

I also encountered quite a rude lady while we were waiting for the boo to you parade - she listened in on the conversation I had with my friends - I said I was going to move over a bit further when the parade started so I could see a little better as I'm quite short, and she said something along the lines of 'oh I don't think so, that's where we were going to stand' which I was a bit taken a back by.

Massive congratulations to you both how wonderful! my hubby proposed on a horse drawn carriage in central park New York, surprised me with the ring too, carrying through all the security checks (2004)....worrying how they can keep such a big secret :lmao: but fantastic!

I don't rate Planet Hollywood, good for the experience and nostaglia but we didn't think much of the service or food to be honest.

Do you know, the only time i ever encounter rude people is waiting for the parades. One year we were waiting for the Electro Magic parade and would you believe a fight broke out between 2 dads over space - we were horrified for their children....CM's/security appeared in a milli-second to sort it out but what a shame for the families to come to that.

Glad you had a wonderful time....best start saving/planning for the wedding and honeymoon now :bride: :cloud9:

Congratulations!!! party:

Any change of August 2012 Disney wedding?

There will be plenty of us there, to blow up the balloons and help eat the cake :rotfl:

Thanks for all the kind comments everyone :goodvibes I am tempted to be a Disney bride though still undecided, but I am definitely sure there will be a Disneymoon!

What a LOVELY highs and lows report, I loved reading :goodvibes and
CONGRATULATIONS on your engagement, lucky lady! :lovestruc:banana::lovestruc:banana::lovestruc
You'd better get planning that wedding and Disneymoon! Wahoo! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter