We're back from Amsterdam

wilma-bride

<<This space intentionally blank>>
Had a lovely weekend on board the Norwegian Gem, the weather was fantastic and the company (obviously) was great. Ate and drank far too much so will have to be extra good this week. Will try and post some piccies (not that I have many as my camera battery died :sad2: ) soon.

Not sure I'd go back to Amsterdam again but it was nice to say I've been - the 'ladies' in the Red Light District were certainly interesting :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

was that with norwegian cruise lines?

are they nice?

as for amsterdam, it isn't what it used to be....at least it feels that way to me...
seems dirtier and more dangerous than it used to seem to me...

that said, i'll be there again next month...but only for a day...

I'm personally not a big fan of Amsterdam, there are much nicer places to visit in Holland!

It sounds like you had a good time Joh, who did you go with ?

I look forward to seeing some piccies :thumbsup2

Mandy :)

Glad you have a good time :thumbsup2 . Cant wait to see the photos :)

Glad you had a good time.

We got our amsterdam hard rock glass so have no need to go back!!

Susan

Welcome back Joh, looking forward to the piccies:)

I went to Amsterdam with a few work friends back in 98. Have to say yes I enjoyed it, but wouldnt go back myself. Yes Joh Red Light District was interesting and yet sad at the same time. I felt very uncomfortable seeing young teenagers in windows trying to get men to come in. :scared1:

Well get on with the trippie then, dying to see the pics. glad you all had a great time.

Been to Amsterdam quite a few times and never been to the red light district :confused3

Did a very nice boat trip round the canals and a tour of a diamond factory (couldn't afford to buy any :guilty: ).

I did find a very nice Indian restautant though near my hotel (Brabazon Palace opposite the central station).

Glad you had a good trip :)

It's a VERY BIG SHIP
amsterdamoct07026.jpg

amsterdamoct07128.jpg

Amsterdam has some VERY SMALL HOUSES

amsterdamoct07099.jpg

Theresa & Joh started how they ment to carry on, White cliffs of dover out the window.

amsterdamoct07017.jpg

So did Kev

amsterdamoct07041.jpg

It was the maiden voyage of the Norweigan Gem.

amsterdamoct07078.jpg

The RLD was pretty even if most of the "ladies" weren't:goodvibes

These were a few good looking ones these are the best of the best that we could find.;)

amsterdamoct07076.jpg

I'd never heard of a multi storey bike park before.

amsterdamoct07084.jpg

No this one was not taken after a slice of herbal cake ;)
It was taken leaning over a railing to get closer to the ground 'onest.

amsterdamoct07067.jpg

Lovely photos, Amsterdam is a very pretty city, have to add it to my list!

Did you have enough time to see the city before having to go back on board or did the ship overnight in the port?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter