We're back & better than ever - Complete!

DonaldDoleWhip

DIS Veteran
Last time (over half a year ago), during what felt like a joyfully endless summer, we enjoyed numerous meals across WDW. There were a few disappointments (such as The Wave, California Grill, and Narcoossee's) but also some pleasant surprises (Captain's Grille) and highlight meals (especially Artist Point, Jiko, Yachtsman, Citricos, and Flying Fish).

Well, things have changed a bit since then. While I've always seen myself as a foodie, I've become more adventurous than ever. I've started to enjoy foods I used to actively dislike (oysters, a variety of cheeses, eel, etc) and I'm excited to see how my broader food attitudes will impact the WDW dining experience. :goodvibes

We ended up eating at some of our favorite places, such as Artist Point and Yachtsman Steakhouse. We also had meals at quite a few other restaurants, and overall we weren't disappointed. :thumbsup2 The food was great in both March and May, and I'm looking forward to sharing it all with you!

Wonderful! I'm happy to hear you're going back and will be doing more food reviews. I thoroughly enjoyed reading your last reviews. Have a great time!

Can't wait to hear all about it - have a fantastic trip :goodvibes:
Thanks so much! I'm really excited to be go back and try some new things. :)

Definitely looking forward to another of your reviews! :cool1:
Glad you're here! I also can't wait for your next set of reviews - your proposed restaurant list looked awesome. :thumbsup2

Wonderful! I'm happy to hear you're going back and will be doing more food reviews. I thoroughly enjoyed reading your last reviews. Have a great time!
Thanks so much! I'm really happy you enjoyed my past reviews, and I can't wait to start another round. :goodvibes

Looking forward to your new reviews.
Thanks for reading! I know there's going to be some amazing food ahead. :)

YAY! Have a wonderful trip and yummy meals!
Thanks so much! Just about a week and a half to go. :yay:

I was THRILLED to get on the board tonight and see that DonaldDoleWhip was heading back to the "world". I can't tell you how much I will be looking forward to your reviews!:thumbsup2

I was THRILLED to get on the board tonight and see that DonaldDoleWhip was heading back to the "world". I can't tell you how much I will be looking forward to your reviews!:thumbsup2
Thanks so much! I'm really excited about this upcoming trip, and I just know a lot of the food will be worth sharing. :goodvibes

Glad you're here! I also can't wait for your next set of reviews - your proposed restaurant list looked awesome. :thumbsup2

Course there have been a few changes made! Today is my ADR day and the system is down! :mad: As soon as I can make them, I will post our (I hope) final list!

Looking forward to your reviews!

We just returned from our trip and while there had to make the tough decision between our first time at Cali Grill (which everyone recommended to me) or Artist Point. I listened to the masses even though I really wanted to try AP and I have to say, I was disappointed with Cali Grill.

I knew the atmosphere wouldn't be the same, but the noise coupled with the swarms of children (I'm not kidding when I say they were running full speed back and forth through the restaurant) and the lack of enforcement of the dress code all left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth. The food was good, but not great (I was brought out the completely wrong first course and my Husband's entree was just warm).

We decided to skip dessert and head over to the Territory Lounge instead and order dessert from the AP menu and if the dessert was an idication of what the apps and main courses would have been like, I'm really bummed we missed it. The Berry Cobbler I had was hands-down the best dessert of the trip!

Live and learn! We won't boycott CG, but next time I'm sticking with my gut and we'll heading to AP .

Course there have been a few changes made! Today is my ADR day and the system is down! :mad: As soon as I can make them, I will post our (I hope) final list!
The changes looked great - I think you have a solid balance of signature and non-signature meals. :)

I am definitely joining! Very excited to wait for your reviews!!! :thumbsup2
Thanks so much - I haven't been this excited about a dining review in quite a while. :goodvibes

Looking forward to your reviews!

We just returned from our trip and while there had to make the tough decision between our first time at Cali Grill (which everyone recommended to me) or Artist Point. I listened to the masses even though I really wanted to try AP and I have to say, I was disappointed with Cali Grill.

I knew the atmosphere wouldn't be the same, but the noise coupled with the swarms of children (I'm not kidding when I say they were running full speed back and forth through the restaurant) and the lack of enforcement of the dress code all left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth. The food was good, but not great (I was brought out the completely wrong first course and my Husband's entree was just warm).

We decided to skip dessert and head over to the Territory Lounge instead and order dessert from the AP menu and if the dessert was an idication of what the apps and main courses would have been like, I'm really bummed we missed it. The Berry Cobbler I had was hands-down the best dessert of the trip!

Live and learn! We won't boycott CG, but next time I'm sticking with my gut and we'll heading to AP .
Aw, sorry that California Grill wasn't amazing for you either. The rumors of a renovation sparked our interest in trying it again, and we've enjoyed many of our past meals there. Plus, in order to mitigate the risk, I'll probably just stick to some things that sound really great (such as a few appetizers) in lieu of a mediocre $40 entree. :laughing: And hopefully Artist Point will be as great for you as it usually is for us. :thumbsup2

I really enjoyed your last report and very much looking forward to this one beginning!
Thanks so much - hopefully the days will fly by really quickly! :goodvibes

Glad to hear you're going back! Looking forward to reading all your "foodie" reviews ;)

Have a great trip!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter