We're Back and I Can't Stand to Look at Another Dessert Apr.2010 6/2 Crystal Palace

Sorry for the delay. It took forever to put all my pictures on photobucket, and once I got them all uploaded they were out of order. But we're ready to go now. I will also doing a cost comparison to show how much we saved on the dining plan. So for the DxDP for 8 nights we paid $1,151.84. I'm not sure yet how much we did save but I know it was a bunch.

Day 1

We arrived at our hotel, BLT around 2 and went right for a bite to eat at the Contempo Cafe. At first we were a little confused by the machines in which you place your order. You order, pay and then get your food. A little confusing and I'm not sure I like this method. :confused3 We weren't terribly hungry after eating a bunch of snacks on the plane ride down so we shared a smoked turkey BLT with a side of french fries, and a dirt and worms cake. We grabbed our refillable mugs at the same time. The sandwich was delicious! There was lots of turkey and the bread was nice and fresh. The french fries were great as well. I liked this sandwich even better than any sandwich they serve at CHH. The dessert however was very crumbly and dry. I was expecting it to have chocolate pudding in it or something since it was worms and dirt but nothing. Just a very dry chocolate cake with a few gummy worms in it. I wish I had gone for the brownie instead!
035.jpg

Here's a picture of your view from the Contempo Cafe.
036.jpg

Cost-
BLT-$7.19
Dirt & Worms-$2.29
Bottled Water-somewhere around $2.29 as well
Refillable Mugs-$27.98

Total with tax-$44.52
Total on dining plan-2 refillable mug "credits" and 1 CS

Day 1 Dinner-Raglan Road

We ended up being 20 minutes late for this reservation thanks to the wonderful Disney buses. We took a bus from MK to WL around 5:40 and just missed a DTD bus. We then had to wait around 40 minutes for another DTD to come around. Between all the waiting time, stopping at other resorts and driving time it took us from 5:40 MK, until 7:35 to get to DTD. :mad:Crazy! We had the worst luck with buses this trip. But anyways, we were seated within ten minutes even after being late. First, I ordered a Jaygail Sangria. I love these, this is one of my favorite Sangria's. Here's the description on the menu. "A refreshing blend of Strongbow, Peach Schnapps and Fruit Liqueurs with squeezes of lemon & lime and a splash of orange juice."
051.jpg

DH just got a Coke.
For our appetizers we both got the Chicken Lickin'. This was just as good as before. I love the honey mustard sauce they put on this, and the flavor goes well with the greens underneath it. The only problem with this dish is that its HUGE for an appetizer. I could have this as a meal and be happy.
054.jpg

While we were enjoying our appetizers, the house band started playing and the Irish Step dancer went up on stage. I love the entertainment here. Makes you want to get up and dance!
053.jpg

057.jpg

For an entree, DH ordered the serious sirlion steak. He liked it enough, a little on the dry side. He also didn't realize how greasy the crispy fried onion strings on top were. He almost spit them back out after trying on bite, a mouthful of grease.
058.jpg

I normally don't eat much red meat but I decided to try the Keen Eye for the Sheperds Pie. I really wish I hadn't. Almost the whole thing was meat, very little potatoes. The sauce that the meat was in was awful. Definetly a mistake for me to order red meat. DH ate most of what I didn't.
059.jpg

For dessert, DH ordered Ger's Bread and Butter Pudding. Of course he thought it was fabulous! :thumbsup2 This is his favorite at Raglan Road. Sorry for the bad angle on this picture.
061.jpg

I ordered a raspberry dessert. I'm looking at the online menus and can't seem to find the name anywhere. I think it was a raspberry meringue. I honestly had no idea what I was ordering but I love raspberries so I went for it. Yum this was so good! Tasted alot like cotton candy with raspberry sauce.
060.jpg

Overall we were a little disappointed with the meal at Raglan Road this time. This is usually one of our favorite restaurants. Next time I think we will stick to lunch here, or maybe just appetizers and dessert.

Cost of meal with taxes(before tip)-$91.03 DxDP cost-2 TS credits

Up next, the day that inspired my food report title. The day of way too many desserts! :sick:

Day 2 Chef Mickeys breakfast
069.jpg

DH and I had previously tried Chef Mickeys for dinner and thought that it was awful but we decided to give breakfast a shot. Plus, it was an easy walk from our room to the restaurant. I was actually able to get a 7:10 reservation only a week before our trip. Also, a few days before our trip was our dating anniversary of 5 years so I had noted it on all our dining reservations. Big mistake when you are on the deluxe dining plan. Some restaurants gave us a complimentary dessert after we had each already had dessert. We were too full to barely even touch the free desserts. I didn't take a ton of pictures of this meal but here's my first plate-
071.jpg

There was a cheese omlet, cheesy potatoes, bacon and a cinammon bun. All of it was so good especially the omelet. Very cheesy and I just love the eggs at Disney.

Here's DH's first plate-
070.jpg

He had cheese omlet, cheesy potatoes, biscuits and gravy, hash, breakfast potatoes with veggies, and french toast. He liked almost everything especially the hash. He's big into hash. He thought that the cheesy potatoes tasted like crayons. :confused3 I don't know, I liked them.

We both went back up for second plates. DH grabbed a little more of what he had on his first plate. I just grabbed a bunch of the mini pancakes. These were so good! I was full but ended up eating about 5 of these. Sorry no pictures. Here's DH pigging out though. haha I was only trying to get a picture of the restaurant. It came out awfully dark. Alot of my first pictures are dark, I had gotten a new camera before the trip and was playing around with the settings alot. The pictures will get better though.
072.jpg

All of the characters came out pretty quickly after we were seated. We saw all of them in the hour or so that we were there. Here's a few of our character pictures. When Mickey came out he ran over to me and gave me a big hug and kiss. Then, he requested a kiss on the cheek from me. Mickeys my favorite so this was awesome!
075.jpg

080.jpg

082.jpg

After we were done with the buffet our server brought us out a cupcake for our anniversary. I ate the Mickey on the top and took one bite. I was too full to eat much more than that.
074.jpg

I would highly recommend Chef Mickey's for breakfast it was awesome all around! DH and I will be going back here on our next trip as well.

Total Price-$56.70 Total Price on Dining Plan-2 TS credits

I ordered a raspberry dessert. I'm looking at the online menus and can't seem to find the name anywhere. I think it was a raspberry meringue. I honestly had no idea what I was ordering but I love raspberries so I went for it. Yum this was so good! Tasted alot like cotton candy with raspberry sauce.
060.jpg

I'm loving your review!!!

Could this be Pavlova?? I make this frequently and I thought I've read somewhere that it is served at one of the restaurants at DTD. Regardless, it looks delish!

Good review of CM! We enjoyed out breakfast there last trip and is going to be our breakfast on departure day this trip.

Great start to your reviews. That raspberry meringue at Raglan Road looked delicious.

I'm loving your review!!!

Could this be Pavlova?? I make this frequently and I thought I've read somewhere that it is served at one of the restaurants at DTD. Regardless, it looks delish!

Thank you! I'm not sure it could be Pavlova, very yummy whatever it was! :)
Good review of CM! We enjoyed out breakfast there last trip and is going to be our breakfast on departure day this trip.
Good choice breakfast here is the way to go. :thumbsup2

Great start to your reviews. That raspberry meringue at Raglan Road looked delicious.

Thank you!

Day 2 Lunch CHH

This is the day that we did the KTTK tour which by the way was fantastic! I highly recommend it. So CHH was included with the tour. I did not take any pictures for this meal as we were sitting with others from the tour and I didn't want any weird looks. :lmao:

DH and I both ordered the same thing, we got the Lighthouse Sandwich with chips and bottled waters. We did not get dessert with this meal which was kind of a relief. DH really enjoyed the Lighthouse Sandwich. It was hummus, brocolli slaw and tomatoes on a multi grain bread. I on the other hand did not enjoy this sandwich at all. I thought that the brocolli slaw was kind of sweet and gross. I ended up giving the other half of my sandwich to DH and just eating my chips.

Price for this meal-$0

After our tour DH grabbed a cream cheese pretzel from The Lunching Pad. I had a few bites too, these are so delicious!
099.jpg

Day 2 Dinner

We had a reservation at Kona this night, this is one of our favorite restaurants for both dinner and breakfast. First they brought us out the bread with macademia nut butter. This could probably be a meal in itself.
106.jpg

For my appetizer I ordered the chicken noodle soup. I love the chicken noodle soup here, it has good quality chicken and delicious broth.
108.jpg

DH ordered the pot stickers (same app he had last time) and they seemed like they were alot smaller than they were last time. However, he said they also tasted much better than before.
107.jpg

For my entree I ordered the miso glazed mahi mahi. When I went to order this our waitress suggested I get the mahi mahi oscar. Basically the tuna oscar dish with mahi mahi, she said alot of guests liked it better this way. I however declined since I don't like wasabi sauce. I'm glad I got the miso glazed dish, it was delicious! I really liked the soba noodles they were very soft and the tastes blended very well together.
110.jpg

DH ordered the pan asian noodles with chicken, I'm not sure why because last trip he did not like these at all. This time however he said they were ten times better. They weren't drenched in sauce like they used to be and it wasn't so sweet. I tried a bite as well and they were very good, though my dish was better.
109.jpg

We were stuffed by the time dessert came around but since it was included, we both ordered the banana-chocolate creme brulee. The best creme brulee in the world! I love that it has a layer of chocolate underneath the banana creme brulee.
111.jpg

And just as we felt we could not eat another morsel, out came our waitress with a free anniversary dessert. They were pastry puffs with a lemon creme and chocolate pudding with whipped creme on time. I took a few bites and they were delicious. I was upset I didn't have more room to eat more.
112.jpg

Dinner here was fantastic as usual. We will definetly be back here on our next trip. Unfortunalty I didn't end up ordering a Lapu Lapu here like I wanted to, but don't worry there will be one coming!

Total price-$74.49 Total on DxDP-2 TS credits

And after all that food we had the Wishes dessert party coming up in only two hours! :scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter