We're back and had an INCREDIBLE, FABULOUS time!

stacymomof2

<font color=blue>I have NEVER come close to utteri
I'm not even sure where to start...we had such a great week, I'm still amazed!

We were expecting to be moved from our original DLH for the first night to the PPH. We got there and they said, nope, no move. I was a little bummed, I really wanted to check out the PPH, but after thinking about it, it worked out well.

We got to our room and I just wanted to drop and run, but the rest of the family wasn't quite as anxious...something about eating:confused3 So we went down and had a burger at Croc's Bits-n-Bites. We were either starved out of our gourds or the food was pretty good!:rotfl: The only bummer, they put a thousand-island type dressing on the burgers...blech. I traded with my oldest DD.

FINALLY! Off to DL. We walked through DTD and saw the monorail, so we hopped right on...honestly, I would highly recommend for your first time (or first time in years) go through the front gates. It was very dis-orienting and crazy in TomorrowLand and I felt kind of lost.

We just kind of wandered and then wound up in FantasyLand. We wandered some more and then said, well, lets get the rides started. We chose Snow White as our first ride (no particular reason) and walked right on to the ride...at most a 3 minute wait. We get in our little car and the cast member looked at my youngest DD (We had all gotten some pins for trading and a lanyard) and asked if she liked Snow White...she said yep and he reached in his pocket and pulled out a Snow White pin and handed it to her. WOW! To a 7 year old, that is a big deal.

Trying to shorten this....basically, that is how the rest of our trip went, VERY little waiting (although, I have to admit, we skipped Nemo. Even on our early entry day the line was a scary mess) EVERY single Cast Member was GREAT, with little treats thrown in here and there from them. I was (and still slightly am) overwhelmed with the Magic that is TRULY present in DL. Even though we didn't officially get "Dreamed" I felt like we were.

Food wise, we ate a Blue Bayou, made PS for 11:30, checked in at 11:15'ish and we were called back first (another cool thing!) the food was YUMMY! My oldest DD & I split the Tesoro Chicken, (plenty of food!) my DH had the prime rib, he loved it...my younger DD had Mac & Cheese (everywhere we went!). Really, if you can do it, DO IT!!! We found the Tigger Tails (OH MY GOSH!! YUM!!) Did NOT care for the Rancho Zocalo place at all. Never got the chance for the Dole Whip or Bengal BBQ. Over at CA, the Pacific Wharf sandwiches are MAJOR YUM...and big, should have split.

Speaking of CA...The Aladdin show was INCREDIBLE. The Genie was funny!

I just can't explain how it felt walking down Main Street...I almost felt "at home"...

Pin Trading became a family hobby and we got to talk to some great people.

My DH is now working on a way to get us back there in OCTOBER of THIS year!! My oldest DD and I just looked and each other and gave a little "high-five"...

We also ate at Goofy's Kitchen....what a fun place! I can't say I liked the pancakes...but the rest of it was good...and my kids LOVED it!

After leaving DL, we headed over to my Grandma's place in Huntington Beach and had a great couple of days with her (she's the BEST!!)

I felt so prepared for this trip and was a little annoyed at my DH(but caught myself before I grumped at him) for not taking the time before we left to "learn" more but I think he might be more willing now! This board was AWESOME to help me be prepared and I'm definatly hanging around for a while!

I'm sure I'll think of tons more...but I don't want to bore you to tears, so if you actually made it this far :scared1: Thanks!! :lovestruc

I'll have to share pics at some point, they aren't on this computer so it won't be tonight!

let the obsession begin!!!!

Sounds like a great trip!! YAY!!! I'm happy for you guys! I hope you can go again in October!

So glad you had a great time, Stacy! And come on, you can't bore us with trip reports, you oughta know that! We want to hear more! popcorn:: with pictures! Start that trip report! :thumbsup2

I am glad you guys had a great trip (but hey, how can you not, right?!?!). We are going in October this year as well. I love that time of year so I am very excited :thumbsup2 .

There is no way you can bore us with trip details, we are all hear for the same reason, our love :lovestruc for all things Disney, especially the land itself!!

Yay, so happy to hear you and your family has such a wonderful time. And how sweet of the CM to give a pin to your child. Hope you get to go in Oct. Disney sure knows how to decorate for halloween!

Bore us!:scared1: :lmao: I was just getting so excited for my upcoming trip by reading about yours. More please! I am glad to hear you had a great time and I really hope you can go again in Oct, your DH will have plenty of time to read up on things until then. :rotfl: I agree trip report and pictures please!

I just can't explain how it felt walking down Main Street...I almost felt "at home"...
I know that feeling! :wizard:

My DH is now working on a way to get us back there in OCTOBER of THIS year!! My oldest DD and I just looked and each other and gave a little "high-five"...
Ooooh! You guys are soooo lucky! My DH loves DL but he would never offer to go mare than once a year. Probably for the best.... I am bad enough Disneynut as it is! :crazy2:

I'm sure I'll think of tons more...but I don't want to bore you to tears...
You should know by now that will never happen here. That's the stuff we live for! Now bring on those pictures! MORE! MORE! MORE! popcorn::

Sounds like a wonderful trip! I'm glad it went so well. I have grandparents in Huntington Beach too and we always spend some time there on our trips as well. How cool is that! :goodvibes

Thanks guys!

We really liked the DLH. We had a room right over the waterfall/koi pond. It was nice to look out and see that (we were on the 2nd floor!) I was wondering how we were going to get to sleep with the noise, but that question was answered when they turned it off! I think it was around 9:00'ish when they turned it off for the night.

I also forgot to tell you that over at CA we were on the Grizzly River Rapids (it was warm that day, perfect day to get wet!) and just before the big drop off something happened where someone hit a button to drain the water!! So we had to sit up at the top of the mountain in the warm sun and wait for the water to drain (about 20 minutes) and then they "rescued" us and we got to walk behind the scenes down through the mountain, inside actually. It was pretty cool!

They then gave us a fast pass for anytime during the day, which was great. It got really warm and the line grew to a 45 minute wait....we walked right through and waited about 5 minutes (although, I felt kind of guilty, but only slightly!). The ride was worth it, it was a great ride! We missed the geyser! :woohoo: It would have been fun either way though!

I'll have to start posting some pics...but first, I have some chores around the house. With the Rain/Sun combo we've had the weeds are taking over and might just overtake our house!! :laughing: If I get some of that done, I'll feel better about playing!

~Stacy

Sounds like you had a great trip! I would love love love to see pictures :goodvibes

Getting back to reality after Disneyland is just no fun, especially if you have to pull weeds! :scared:

What a cool way to be be "rescued". I Love Grizzly Rapids. Can't wait to ride it next week!!
Now where are those picutes??!!!

only 16 more days and i will be there! your tr got me pumped! i'm glad to hear about the good review @ BB cause we have a ps for lunch too! did you get a waterview table? we are planning on the split plate too. we can not wait to be there!!
mousiemom

Sounds like a great trip!! Your details definitely make me more excited for our first trip!! (Is that even possible? ;) )

Sounds like you had a wonderful time! I loved reading your trip report! It gets me so excited for this weekend and again next month!

Stacy!!!

Glad you and your family had a fabulous time! I can't wait to hear all about your trip! Maybe this Sunday at church?!! So funny that I came across your posts on this board!! I've been a DIS lurker for a couple years, but rarely post (see my measly post count!!) Hope we can chat before Garrett and I leave for our trip on the 27th!

Rachael

WOW sounds like you had an awsome time!!!!! I'm so glad you had fun it was nice they didn't have to move you after all! Always think about how that would suck to have to move all your baggage durning a trip!!!! How sweet was it that the CM gave your DD a pin :lovestruc I hope we have as much fun pin trading as u guys!!! Thats awsome about your hubby loving it too!!! I hope once my hubby he goes he will be the exact same!!!!!!!!!! And like everyone said we never get tried of TR its our way of being there when we can't be :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter