We're BAAAACK!! Questions Anyone???

Minnesota

<font color=navy>Disney Commando<br><font color=re
I'd be happy to talk about our trip, and yes the trip report is coming soon (day 1 and 2 are typed but need to be spell checked). We stayed at Pop Century, were in the parks for 5 days without hopper, quick service dining, Flower Festival, Kim Possible Missions, Traveling slightly injured... or anything else you all want to ask I'll try to answer!
Minnesota

hey there, we're leaving this weekend. we're from deep south & used to 3-digit summers. but fam is sensitive to cooler temps. are evenings cool enough to need light jackets or a sweater or does humidity make it still feel warm/muggy?

thanks for input!

hey there, we're leaving this weekend. we're from deep south & used to 3-digit summers. but fam is sensitive to cooler temps. are evenings cool enough to need light jackets or a sweater or does humidity make it still feel warm/muggy?

thanks for input!

I wouldnt think you need Jackets Florida is always hot and humid. You'll be fine. But you may want to check the weather and see for your self.

For me, I would say it depends on what you do with the AC in your room. In the parks we were plenty comfortable at night, it was in the mid to upper 70's at night this past week and both of us (one from MN and one from CO) never wanted anything more over our tee shirts. A few nights we were even wearing sleevless shirts and felt fine. I did have an wear a light sweatshirt in the room because Sara loves the AC chucking snowballs and the drastic change was a little too chilly for me. :rotfl:

As we only had quick service dining we didn't have to worry about the AC in resturants as we generally were in them only for 20-30 minutes and at that point, especially for lunch, it was nice even for me.

Oh, and as for muggy the resounding answer would be YES. Humidity was averaging at 70% which seems low for some southerners, heck in MN we'll see 80% in the summer maybe even 90% but it really did feel muggy especially after the afternoon rain storms.

I wouldnt think you need Jackets Florida is always hot and humid. You'll be fine. But you may want to check the weather and see for your self.

Always hot and humid??? We had a pretty nasty cold spell this year that lasted through March... and all I can say is Winter finally found Florida lol

I have a question?? Are they doing the new way of waiting for RNRC where you get a number and wait as a group, or were they doing the old wait in lines??

I hope this makes sense??

Thanks

I'd be happy to talk about our trip, and yes the trip report is coming soon (day 1 and 2 are typed but need to be spell checked). We stayed at Pop Century, were in the parks for 5 days without hopper, quick service dining, Flower Festival, Kim Possible Missions, Traveling slightly injured... or anything else you all want to ask I'll try to answer!
Minnesota

Your trip is similar to my upcoming trip. We are staying at POP (1st time at POP) we are doing 5-1/2 days (no hopper-1st time w/o them) and QS dining (1st time w/o TS). So I am very interested in your trip! Hope it was very MAGICAL!

I did have an wear a light sweatshirt in the room because Sara loves the AC chucking snowballs and the drastic change was a little too chilly for me. :rotfl:

And your from the frozen tundra?:laughing: It's the humidity I think. I was the same way when I moved from S California where is only rains 10-12" a year :lmao:

Always hot and humid??? We had a pretty nasty cold spell this year that lasted through March... and all I can say is Winter finally found Florida lol

That was not normal but for the most part its always hot and humid minus when we get the cold fronts that we get..

I have a question?? Are they doing the new way of waiting for RNRC where you get a number and wait as a group, or were they doing the old wait in lines??

I hope this makes sense??

Thanks

Just rode RnR on Friday, and the queue is the same old same old.

Are the canvas facades still up on some buildings on Main St., Casey's Corner, Fantasyland rides? I just saw some pictures of them on another site from mid-May. We're going June 5-11 and I'd rather not see canvas facades & construction walls for our first and only (according to DH) trip ever to WDW.

I was just talking with a friend who is taking her 8 year old grand-daughter for the first time in July. I was trying to explain the Kim Possible thing at EPCOT but did not really know how because I have never done it.
Would it be a good thing for an 8 year old girl? She is very smart and adventerous, goes GEO-caching with her grandma.

From photo reports I've seen from the last week, still lots of tarps up. I wouldn't hold your breath on them disappearing anytime. There have been tarps up on various buildings for at least a year. They finish one and move right along to the next. The ones that have emerged look beautiful! At least the castle isn't tarped any more, as of a week or so ago.

I think Kim Possible is probably tailor-made to 8 year olds, but my wife and I (29 years each) really enjoyed it last year. We would have done more if it weren't soooo hot.

Are the canvas facades still up on some buildings on Main St., Casey's Corner, Fantasyland rides? I just saw some pictures of them on another site from mid-May. We're going June 5-11 and I'd rather not see canvas facades & construction walls for our first and only (according to DH) trip ever to WDW.

Completely OT: In 2001 we went on our "1st and only trip" to WDW . In 2 weeks we'll be returning for our 10th consecutive year. Your comment made me laugh, because I remember very clearly how we just KNEW it was a once in a lifetime trip.

I hope you and DH enjoy it as much as we have :)

Wow, I miss one day and I have two pages to answer! Okay here it goes:

Planning Fanatic Mom: Rock n Rollercoaster was closed when we were in DHS which was may 20 so I have no idea what the lines were like or are going to be like. We were told this was a longterm closure but apparently not according to Glencora's post.

Tink20: The trip report might be posted (some of it anyway) later today, I have to make a trip to campus and if I have time after it'll go up :)

KYcruise: Yeah, I'm from MN and looking to go to School in Canada :laughing:

Whitney: There were som canvas facades still up on Mainstreet and in Fantasy land. Supposedly the ones in fantasyland were supposed to be coming down while we were there but unfortunatly not :sad1: maybe they'll be gone my June :confused3

Greta: I think she would LOVE the KP missions, it is very similar to geocashing only you don't take or leave anything at the locations you find. you find a special effect that leads you to the next location. If she doesn't know about KP it might be helpful to watch a few eps first but definetly not required.

Keep the questions coming!
Minnesota

Wow, I miss one day and I have two pages to answer! Okay here it goes:

Greta: I think she would LOVE the KP missions, it is very similar to geocashing only you don't take or leave anything at the locations you find. you find a special effect that leads you to the next location. If she doesn't know about KP it might be helpful to watch a few eps first but definetly not required.

Keep the questions coming!
Minnesota

Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter